1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Santa be returning before Christmas?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by peteplus, Dec 7, 2017.

1. peteplus

peteplus Space Hobo

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to find out if Santa will be returning to the Outpost before Christmas this year. Each year I build a Christmas themed settlement with family and just want to be sure.

Will there be a tiny patch to update the outpost or is 1.4 likely to drop in December and contain Santa within?

I can always use a mod either way.

Thanks in advance,

- Pete.

2. redxlaser15

redxlaser15 Big Damn Hero

I hope so if nothing else, I am so eager for 1.4 to come out at some point, I assume it'll be awesome. It would be a great gift from intergalactic Santa!

peteplus likes this.
  3. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

We have no idea about 1.4 or what CF may be planning or not for the holidays. They've been working on 1.4 for a really long time but have said next to nothing other than it'll contain bounty hunter quests. So all we can do is wait and hope we get another blog post with more details before the year is out or some minor thing like Santa or something.

peteplus likes this.
  4. redxlaser15

I just can't help but love that there is an intergalactic Santa though, I mean seriously? That's so freaking awesome, but I wonder how that would work? With so many planets with people on them, each with different time systems, all over the galaxy, FTL still takes some time, but after he leaves it he needs to go to each inhabited planet, land, go around the planet to deliver the presents, leave and go to the next place and so on. Since Santa is supposedly magic, and this is far in the future, I'm just gonna assume his sleigh can instantly teleport all over the place. FTL engines and magic reindeer working together to give presents and/or coal to the trillions of residents all over the galaxy!
    And bacon!

peteplus likes this.
  5. peteplus

peteplus Space Hobo

Well, one perspective is that he is a manifestation of the "spirit of Christmas". That would mean he can literally be everywhere at once at any time :)

redxlaser15 and DarthTrethon like this.
  6. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I wonder if Santa and the christmas bits are still in the game but only set to be active during certain dates. If nothing else I think you can spawn Santa and the toymaker's table via console commands or alternatively try disconnecting your PC from the internet, set the date to Dec 25, and play for a while to see if it activates. Worst come to worse you can try looking for mods that offer access to the content.

peteplus likes this.
  7. redxlaser15

This is starting to make me think about how I somehow always killed Terraria Santa because he kept being all like, "Hey monster, you have been very naughty so I am giving you co-AAAAGH!" Luckily, Santa SEEMS to be smarter here. You know, maybe. Possibly. Right?
    I'd try the whole 'time changing' thingy, buuuuuuuut, I'm to lazy.

peteplus likes this.