Mob Will mobs have Proper AI? (pathing)

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by XtremeNinja45, Feb 14, 2013.

?

Do You Like This?

1. Yes!!!

11 vote(s)
    84.6%
  2. Nope :D

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. XtremeNinja45

XtremeNinja45 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For example a robot spawns outside your bases walls trying to get in.

but below you have a cave entrance into your base

will it run to the cave to get to you or will it jump at the bases wall

It would make the game feel less like a game with proper ai like this :)

nababoo likes this.
  2. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

U know, you should have a answer button call "Depend" for an answer button. they probably have that idea and also the command idea.

3. Leokins

Leokins Subatomic Cosmonaut

I voted the opposite of what I would vote. :V

From what I've seen on Tiy's videos, the monsters would wander back and forth above him while he's underground. They would occasionally run down toward the entrance, but that could be random. Just remember that the AI might not be finished yet.

4. plaYer2k

plaYer2k Pangalactic Porcupine

From what i know, the AI has different modules (which is the logical and best approach) and different stages ofc, so their attacking behaviour can be changed and alter from the same physically assemblied NPC to another and the same goes for pathfinding.
    For most videos either spawns got completely disabled or certain modules got, like the pathfinding. So there will be proper methods in pathfinding to quickly find a good path. may it be greedy, a-star or whatever doesnt really matter for most since in the end they wont bump into walls naively.

I hope for more advanced AI behaviours like group dynamics, but thats a post-release subject :3

5. XtremeNinja45

XtremeNinja45 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i hope it gets added don't know why anyone could hate this

6. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

I would think that the robot would logically search for a way in but if the cave entrance is further away he should've automatically see the cave through a wall or something and just run right into your base.

7. ChaoticGamer

hmmm why not G.I.Robot drill a hole front your base and go up under your floor, brilliant idea. *troll laughter* which why not just have robots that you made just teleport inside your house if they already got the stuff.

8. Vladimir 3.22

Vladimir 3.22 Zero Gravity Genie

this is a ok idea but if the AI is too over powered it could make some very odd problems.

ChaoticGamer likes this.
  9. ChaoticGamer

You have point there, even thou you were confuse on my off topic. You know about AI what developer gives in what power to the AI. please be careful about eating the "pie" I know it is hard to measure out how much eat when and not to eat...in meaning: "be careful what you have in second thought in such in numbers such will come"

Vladimir 3.22 likes this.