1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback why don't the prices on items add up. where a bargain system planned? if so then i hope it comes.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by General Nuclear, Feb 20, 2018.

1. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

none of the prices on any of the items in game add up with what you are trying to sell them.

This means that there might be planned for a bargain mechanic for when we are trading or perhaps even a reputation system where we can sell items for higher price which would have been really cool i mean.

2. Gasboy

Gasboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

How do you mean, they don't add up?

3. General Nuclear

you mean what do i mean?
    well if you hover your pointer on a item and look at the number down right corner on the picture on it you will see certain amount of pixels its suppose to be worth, but if you try to sell it you wont even get close to that amount of pixels.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  4. Gasboy

Uh, yeah, that's on purpose. That number is what a merchant would sell it to you for, I believe. The sell prices are generally much less. I think divided by 5 for most stuff. Or more.

5. General Nuclear

Yes but there aren't any merchants selling any of those items.

6. Gasboy

You don't know that. :) You've visited all 12,660,000,000,000,000 planets? :p

7. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

It's likely just the devs giving a painfully low resale value to all items, and the game displaying it's buy value. However, the game should have a way to increase the resale value, if only because it's too low for most items to be sold profitably.

8. Lord Aries Greyscale

Lord Aries Greyscale Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Correct, stuff being sold to a merchant has about one fifth of it's stated value.

There are a few times where I've actually found a merchant selling something I'm selling to them, and the price to buy it from them is the price in the lower right.

The real problem is that most items simply aren't being sold by merchants. (leading to the "actual" value being whatever the merchants will buy it for)

STCW262 likes this.