Why does my glitch tenant keeps catching fire?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Gav Featherbeak, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Gav Featherbeak

Gav Featherbeak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So uh... I made a settlement, it currently has three glitch and one human. Now my latest glitch, a merchant named Pumptrace, catches fire sometimes... I'm not sure if this is because she's walking out in the rain or if it's just something on her; my other glitch tenants don't catch fire.

2. Sans the Skelebro

Sans the Skelebro Master Chief

sounds like they're pretty hot

Gav Featherbeak likes this.
  3. Gav Featherbeak

Definitely a 5/10 from an avian perspective, but from a glitch one? 10/1

Sans the Skelebro likes this.
  4. benevolentWanderer

benevolentWanderer Void-Bound Voyager

Aww, they're only a 2 :(

5. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

moved to starbound faq

6. Gav Featherbeak

Oh sorry, I wasn't quite sure what category it fit under.

But does no one know why this is happening? She's died from it like 4 times. It's not a mob shooting fire at her because none of them on this planet shoot fire, and in the case that I wasn't aware of a fire shooting mob, it's only this one tenant that it happens to. Mobs aren't that selective.

7. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

I know how sometimes we can be attached to some tenants but have you tried removing the colony deed and putting it back?

8. Gav Featherbeak

I haven't for that reason. It's not really causing me any issues that I know of, I just wanted to know what it was.

9. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

Oh, right, i'm sorry then I can't really tell, looks like a regular glitch though. pun not intended

10. Zai Lily

Zai Lily Void-Bound Voyager

I think I've seen this situation happen before myself. I met one of those traveler guide type people on a new world, saved him from one of those hoppy mobs, then it started to rain, and the just started taking fire damage randomly. Poor guy. At least his stuff went to good use after he burned to death in the rain. Went right straight into my Pixel Printer, so now his stuff lives on through every time I make a new one of that kind of item. :3

Still really odd, though. Haven't had another incident like it, either.

11. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Npc tenants can have several different personalities, one of the more extreme ones (i think its called clumsy or something) has a tendency to accidently light himself on fire. If it annoys you greatly i would suggest removing the deed and respawning the tenants, that will hopefully give you a new tenant with a different personality.

12. Gav Featherbeak

Oh so her catching fire is actually a planned thing? That makes me feel better, thanks. Won't be removing this idiot now

13. redxlaser15

redxlaser15 Big Damn Hero

So does this matter in the same way for crew members? And I just happened to have all three of them light on fire? Luckily they have yet to die from it but it just annoys me:p

14. Brockster17

Brockster17 Phantasmal Quasar

Actually, any objects or blocks related to fire (furnaces for example) can set NPCs on fire when the NPC gets close, sometimes.