Why do animals get mad if you stay up past 6?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlueLeafeon, Nov 26, 2017.

1. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

According to the stardew wiki:

Why...is this, exactly? Is it to discourage players from staying up super super late? If so, why 6 PM? 8 PM seems to be when it gets dark (and is when my player usually goes to bed) How do the animals know if the player is running around when they're inside? That makes no sense...

uHu likes this.
    • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Your sheep are watching you. They know when you are awake; they know when you sleep. They watch when you eat, when you do chores. They watch when you get married and when you raise your children. They know when your guard is down.

The sheep are watching. Always.

Always.

• Leludar

Leludar Title Not Found

I see, I see
        What about...my chickens?

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

They report to the sheep.

All livestock reports to the sheep.

(Oh! You say! But I don't have any sheep! Yes. Yes, you do. Even if you have never seen them.)

nekoCrimson, Lintton, Borodin and 2 others like this.
          • Leludar

Leludar Title Not Found

I actually never knew about this before you mentioned it. I'm always running late and I never noticed my animals being unsatisfied CAUSE OF MY UNHEALTHY SLEEPING RHYTHM. Guess my animals don't care enough for my well being-

But my animals always ended up getting me purple star products pretty soon, just give them fresh grass and hay and a daily pet on the back and they're good.

• Leludar

Leludar Title Not Found

.....are they...
              assassins?

• parabolic paradise

parabolic paradise Subatomic Cosmonaut

Last I heard this matter was being looked into, so it's probably a glitch. Not sure in which thread I read about it, though (otherwise I'd provide a link).

Edit: Ah, here we go. Found the thread.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Hah! That's what the sheep want you to believe.

• BlueLeafeon

Ah, it says in a later post that the bug was fixed in version 1.2. This could explain why Leluder still gets good eggs, haha. I haven't gotten far enough to have animals, which is why I was wondering.

• parabolic paradise

parabolic paradise Subatomic Cosmonaut

1.2 fixed some animal bugs (like certain ones being unable to produce byproducts when they love you too much), but not the happiness decay - somebody bumped it about a month ago with that little status update that ConcernedApe is looking into it, and I don't think there's been an update since. Maybe it'll be fixed in the Multiplayer update?

• Verne

Verne Astral Cartographer

If you have the PC version, the mod Mood Guard fixes both the happiness drain and the profession overflow bug!

Tamriel_Bound likes this.
                        • Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

On a cold, rainy night, if you listen very very carefully after the animals are all bedded down for the night, you can hear the sheep softly bleeting to themselves, "Four legs good, two legs bad."

• BlueLeafeon

...What about the chickens and ducks though? D:

• Stryder87

There would have to be amendments... but remember, after all is said and done, "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others."

AliCat likes this.
                              • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Gotta watch those pigs, they like to hog all the apples.

AliCat and Stryder87 like this.
                                • Stryder87

And milk!!
                                  haha

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

I don't have a sheep though... I have chicken, ducks, cows, and goats...unless they report to the GRAND SHEEP OVERLOAD that I've heard whispers about...

I THINK initially the 6 pm was "well, that's when it gets dark", forgetting that a ton of people stay up past 6. 10 or midnight would make more sense to me.

"Slight baaaa heard from somewhere"

• Moonfall

Moonfall Poptop Tamer

Is this why my chickens are almost always in a bad mood? They have food, they have free run of the farm, and it's not cold yet. Do they lay more eggs as they age? They're still fairly young chickens.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

They lay larger and better quality eggs as their friendship (the hearts) goes up. Mood is the other half of the equation and this bug affects that.

• Moonfall

Moonfall Poptop Tamer

How do you make friends with them? I put a heater in the coop, and they always have food in the hopper.