1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Why are Pet Collars extremely rare?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Thundercraft, Aug 18, 2016.

?

Do you think Pet Collars are too rare?

Poll closed Sep 1, 2016.
  1. Yes. And I wish they could be removed/reusable.

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. No. But I wish they could be removed/reusable.

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Yes. But I'm fine with them being one-use.

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. No. And I'm fine with them being one-use.

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

Is anyone else experiencing this? According to Steam, I've logged nearly 150 hours with the 1.0.(x) of Starbound. (Back when I played Koala, I mostly played it without Steam.) And, so far, I've found a whopping one Pet Collar! And I only managed to get that through repeated plays of the Fossil Game.

Looking at the .treasurepool files, I can see why. The percent chances for getting a Collar as a fossil game treasure are very rare. And the chances of getting one as random loot or a random drop are almost infintesimally small.

What were the devs thinking? It's bad enough that Pet Collars are one-use only. I was very disappointed in that decision. But to make them so darned rare seems like adding insult to injury.

It's so bad that I've installed a mod to make pet collars craftable. And, currenly, I'm trying to develop my own mod for a method to make collars removable.

2. LordBaconator

LordBaconator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've run into between 10 to 20 randomly generated chest loot collars exploring high level planets?

At one point I was selling them all for the pixels because I was getting so many that I didn't need. Granted, there should be a pet collar vendor with the same mechanics as Lana the EPP Augment vendor.

3. Lintton

Lintton Guest

:checks locker:

:finds unused collars out the wazoo:
    : pets oblivious collared poptop that sings all the time:
    :checks on healing collared pet that dies all the time.:

Seems okay, given enough chests and challenge rooms.

4. Ablekaine

Ablekaine Pangalactic Porcupine

You deeeeefinitely need to be able to get the collars back methinks-and don't get me started on the Augments, like??? I was SO overjoyed to have found a light augment since the 1.0 EPP return removed the ability to use the light source backpieces, but then you upgrade it ad the augment is GONE? What a cruel world....

5. MidniteSteve

MidniteSteve Phantasmal Quasar

I think both the method it's used and the availability is fine. Just explore more, and being one use makes you think about it more than just slapping it on whatever