1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why am I thinking about this now...?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by GoodGreenGuy, Jan 9, 2019.

1. GoodGreenGuy

GoodGreenGuy Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, so bear with me, this is about Headcanons.

I have come to accept a general idea of what generally accepted ideas of how the races work in starbound, and how different canons on specifics of what they do are valid. But I literally had only really thought of this until now...

BUT WHAT DO THEY ALL SOUND LIKE GENERALLY?

Humans, easy, we have a perfect example of what humans sound like. Hylotl? Floran? Avian? Novakid? Glitch? What the heck do they sound like?

Do Avian have naturally higher voices and are incapable of making their voices deep?
    Do Hylotl have deeper voices or are inherently quieter? (All because I have never heard of a loud fish...)
    Does a floran sound a bit rough around the edges and more garbled than any other race?
    Does a glitch have a standard-sounding text-to-speech sounding voice or some mash of sounds that make it seem like something is being said?
    And Novakid... What the heck do they sound like?! Is it like speaking in a fish-bowl? Do they communicate telepathically? Do their brands vibrate to make noises?

This keeps bugging me, because I refuse to accept that everyone sounds like they were casually talking in a recording booth.

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Well, I don't know about the Hylotl and Novakid. I never heard fish or chemical substance talking (I guess if fish was talking, I can't relax myself near the aquarium, and if chemical substance was talking, I think the word "quite" would be gone).

But for the Avian, I think they will talk and sounds like a bird. I mean they have their own language. Can't imagine if they speak our human language. Never heard bird talking, or wait... maybe they will sound like parrot talking.

For the Floran, I guess they will hiss a lot, and yes, they will have rough voice. Not sure what sound they will be like, but again they have their own language, can't imagine they speak human language, because there never been any sentient from the plant kingdom, or the other, only the mammal has (if plants talking, I think I will spend my whole time outside talking to them, rather than in front of my PC).

For the Glitch, I guess we can clearly imagine it, they will sound like robot. Because yeah, robots these days can speak, and they speak our language too.

Finally, just an addition, for the Apex, maybe more or less they will speak and sound like us, but maybe with a more deeper voice.