Who's going to stream when game releases?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by destiny82, Feb 10, 2016.

?

Are you going to stream on release?

1. Darn tootin'

37.9%
  2. Naaaaaaaaaah

55.2%
  3. What's a stream?

6.9%
  1. destiny82

destiny82 Void-Bound Voyager

I almost never stream, always want to do it, start, 2-4 hours go by and I get 1 random viewer at most... BUT, I am planning to stream Stardew on release. Might even buy 4 copies of the game and toss a few copies to who ever watches :D

But thats just me, who else is planning to stream?

• kakuloo

kakuloo Big Damn Hero

I will be watching streams. =P

I am not an Internet Personality really. But I have been considering recording myself playing games in general for future old me to enjoy. I know my grandpa liked hearing his own voice on audio cassette when he was starting to lose interest in other things, and looking at old pictures of himself. I think old me will be happy to have something to watch that will remind of young me and the fun playing games! (of course, old me will probably ALSO be playing games...haha...retirement home Lan parties, it's gonna be a thing.)

• destiny82

destiny82 Void-Bound Voyager

It had Better be a thing. As soon as I hear it is I am forcing my kids to put me in a retirement home.

Edit - My spelling is shiz

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
        • PuzzledLight

PuzzledLight Space Spelunker

I'm actually eager to see if anyone goes full creep mode on this game. Like dual monitors, one with someone's stream, one with the game, and they copy every move the streamer makes.

Edit: Oh crap... that'd fall apart at the mine, or the random gen farm clutter, huh? -grumble-

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Nah I won't

• WatcherCCG

WatcherCCG Giant Laser Beams

@sirithre, planning on weighing in? I imagine after release, the embargo will lift and you'll be able to tear into the game. :)

• NoxiousRaven

NoxiousRaven Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Twitch plays Stardew Valley

• sirithre

sirithre Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, I'll definitely be streaming it. I have that Friday/Saturday off work.

But I've already played it to death.
                  So after launch my channel will likely become pure spoiler - allowing people to ask questions and get answers in real time.

If I get to stream BEFORE launch, it'll be much more regulated. New character, certain areas out of bounds, but chat will be able to decide more or less what to do either way.
                  Maybe funny bug stories and the like. Like that one time our children started crawling around on the walls. D:

ThomasLove, Tamorr, Gigiopo and 3 others like this.
                  • PuzzledLight

PuzzledLight Space Spelunker

Please tell me that's still a feature.

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

If CA was Todd Howard it would be.

• WatcherCCG

Good to know, Siri. I'll definitely be there to watch. :)

No. Just no.

• Bexy

Bexy Void-Bound Voyager

Well same with Siri for me. Of course I've played the game to death now too, but still enjoying it.
                          Once the game releases, i'll be streaming it straight during normal hours for 2 weeks, and then from then on, every Friday will be "Farming Fridays with the Flailers!" (my community :party:)
                          Of course, just like Siri said, if I get to stream it before launch, will be with new char/only showing certain things/keeping things not "spoiled", but once the game releases, it's all gogogo with new char, spoiler stuff, questions about the game etc, and doing ALL THE THINGS! :3

Lellom likes this.
                          • Teien

Teien Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can't wait! Hopefully you two get to stream it before launch. Fingers crossed!

Lellom and Bexy like this.
                            • Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

watching yes.
                              streaming, no.

mainly because i cannot STAND the sound of my own voice when it comes back to me from anything. it makes me think of bonnie langford :(
                              now, maybe in a few more years, my voice will crack and break like my mother's has...but then i dont smoke so...i dont hold out much hope :rofl:

and, because i am a memory miser, and begrudge every meg of ram things i dont use take up lol...i think it has something to do with starting gaming in the old days of windows 98.
                              and my first PC having been cobbled together out of spare parts, and its mainboard being locked to only use 16meg of that 32meg m dad bought me...so it couldnt even use windows 98 :( and then having to save up my own money to buy a properly working mainboard to get windows 98 working to play diablo2 and dungeon keeper 2 lol.

Gigiopo likes this.
                              • sirithre

sirithre Pangalactic Porcupine

Noone likes their own voice. I can't even stand making highlights on my stream.
                                I make sure that my mic does not feed back into my headset.
                                I find it horrible and grating when i hear it in recordings. Like, nails on a chalkboard.

But I get compliments on my supposedly soothing voice all the time. And people fall asleep to my stream regularly. I don't get it. =/

Point is. If you want to stream, don't let that hold you back. People will watch whatever.
                                If you don't actually want to stream, ignore this advice.

Teien, Gigiopo, Tamorr and 3 others like this.
                                • Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

I plan to do a week-long, 24/7 Community Hype stream leading up to the launch of the game (with a countdown and everything). I'm not certain if I will be playing the game... maybe here and there.

Mainly I want to have a place where fans can interact with Ape and myself (as well as other people from Chucklefish) leading up to launch. We did this for Wanderlust Adventures and it was a ton of fun. =)

www.twitch.tv/Leth

Kab00mBaby, WatcherCCG and Lellom like this.
                                  • Teien

Teien Subatomic Cosmonaut

This sounds like a great idea!

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

That is great.

Please consider also letting @sirithre and @Bexy stream the game before release. At least once, they worked really hard beta testing the game and interacting here with us.

Leth likes this.
                                      • WatcherCCG

I highly recommend showing off the game a few final times to give people a taste. Probably not go higher than floor five in the mines or start wooing anyone, but definitely do something epic like build a massive farm. Hell, give Siri and Bexy another shot, too.

• Bexy

Bexy Void-Bound Voyager

If we get to stream it before release, we do have some restrictions given to us by CA, nothing too bad though, just not allowed to show any "end game content", so a lot of the game will be unspoiled for people that want that.
                                          Of course once the game releases, we're going nuts :party:

WatcherCCG likes this.