Who wants me to write you a story?

Discussion in 'Writing' started by Combozone, Jan 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Combozone

Combozone Existential Complex

So I have a bit of a writing kick going on now, and I really want to write a short story about something. I couldn't come up with anything, so naturally, I came to the forums!
    Here's the lowdown:
    I will need characters you want in the story, a general gist of what will happen, and the setting.
    Once I have all that I will start writing and I will post it in another thread when I am finished!
    If you have any questions, please ask me.

2. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

I've got a request, would you like me to leave the idea here in the comments, or would you prefer it to me PM'd?

Combozone likes this.
  3. Combozone

Go ahead and write it in the comments!
    I literally just now was about to start writing, so fire away with ideas!

4. Gilligan Lanley

A gladiator-style arena gauntlet for my Avali character Nezun Skyfire (against exotic monsters and other characters).
    In this short tale, Nezun is a slave, used for entertainment through fights. Known for her skills at killing her bare hands/paws and losing her temper in battle, she was captured and used in illegal fighting arenas throughout the galaxy((This is where she gains her nickname "Bloodfury")). As the slaves bring Nezun to a remote asteroid belt base for a grand underground tournament, her freedom is offered to her by her captors if she is to win the tournament using only her bare hands. The slavers had placed a huge bet of pixels on Nezun's fight that could send them into retirement. Without plans of actually giving Nezun her freedom, Nezun kills her captors at the end of the tournament as they attempt to shackle her once again and she make her escape with their ship along with several other slaves.

Think Kargath Bladefist from Warcraft. (Reference to his lore)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  5. Combozone

How long do you want it to be? I'm not sure how much I can write for this (as this is one of the first times I've wanted to write in a LONG time), but it would be great if you could give me a word estimate!

Gilligan Lanley likes this.
  6. Gilligan Lanley

I'd wager about 1,500~ words; usually what short stories entail. But if you find that you really like writing on it, you can shoot far beyond it.

Combozone likes this.
  7. Combozone

Alright! I've already started on it, and I should be able to have it done by tomorrow, if I don't get carried away. ;D

Gilligan Lanley likes this.
  8. Gilligan Lanley

Yayifications! I also edited in another tidbit of info in the (()) part. :3

Lavranzo and Combozone like this.
  9. Combozone

Quick question:
    I'm writing dialogue for Nezun right now, and I'm wondering what her personality is.
    Does she crack jokes a lot? Is she deep and thoughtful about her actions? Is she dumb in Intelligence, but smart in Wisdom?
    Let me know when you can. I can't wait for you to see this!

Relten and Gilligan Lanley like this.
  10. Gilligan Lanley

Nezun is a bit of an air head when it comes to others' feelings, but speaks from the heart in a caring manner and can very blunt with opinions. She does enjoy cracking the odd bad pun once in awhile. She's fairly wise from experience, but doesn't usually speak much to others unless she's teaching something she's learned about or talking about meat; she's a meat addict. She'll go out of her way for a good meal of meat, even willing to fight someone over it.

EDIT: I'm really excited over this! :D

Combozone likes this.
  11. Combozone

I am too! I'm almost finished with the first part of it, and I'll have the other two parts of it done in the morning.
    Being tired is not good for your creativity, it seems. :(

Solar313, Relten and Gilligan Lanley like this.
  12. Gilligan Lanley

That it is not. I feel the same for when writing Diary of a Lone Avali, and had to take a break >.<

Solar313, Relten and Combozone like this.
  13. Solar313

Solar313 Fat Man

Can I make a request?

Story goes somewhere along these lines.

Human named Anthony. He meets giant space-plant after having his entire planet destroyed. Giant space-plant is super evil and wants to take over universe. Anthony meets a floating blue dog, a crazy guy obssesed with finding aliens and reporting back to "The Pod", a giant spore that has been floating around for hundreds of trillions of years, acting as a shield generator for the giant space-plant and a seed for another giant space-plant. Floating blue dog gives Anthony an attachable weapon that can destroy "The Spore", but first Anthony has to fight his way through the Hive, a giant armada of battleships capable of destroying entire solar systems. Charcter bios: Anthony Gibbs, a self conscious nineteen year old who has extreme anxiety issues and a knack for building highly advanced mechanisms. Gender: male

Floating blue dog: Part of an advanced and mysterious race of godly creatures. Gender: Unknown

Weird alien dude: A weird and crazy alien guy who is probably insane.

Add anything you like, just keep the main outline of the story. Word count: more or less 2000 if you can do it. Take your time and finish Gill's story first.

Combozone and Gilligan Lanley like this.
  14. Combozone

Alright! Not exactly sure I love the storyline, but beggars can't be choosers, right? :D
    And yeah, I'll get to work on it once I finish Nezun's story (Which is turning out great! Should probably be around 6k or so when its done!)
    I'm glad someone else found the forum, spread the word if you can!

Gilligan Lanley and Solar313 like this.
  15. Solar313

Solar313 Fat Man

Yeah, edit it to your hearts desire, change anything you want. :DD
    All I ask of you is just dont get rid of Anthony.

16. Combozone

Don't worry, I won't get rid of Anthony. He seems like a fairly easy, yet fun character to write.
    Fighting an armada of ships by himself might create some creative tension though.

Solar313 likes this.
  17. Solar313

Solar313 Fat Man

yeah, issue there, as I said, change to your hearts desire.

18. Combozone

Ok, so I know I haven't posted in this thread for like, AGES, but I have an update!
    Chapters 1 and 2 of Anthony's Journey are up as of now!
    (I tried to make it like a detailed reboot of the introduction of Starbound!)

Anthony opened his eyes.

What the young Human saw was not what he expected. Sharp chunks of durasteel wall littered the crumbled ground, with only a personal storage container firmly attached to the wall. The teleporter to his left was crackling fiercely, presumably from internal damage. A quiet groaning could be heard from the right, though he couldn’t fit the sound to a name. Blood and grime covered the broken flooring and rubble. All in all, a broken, battered room, he had decided.

He started to get up, but his legs spasmed, and he collapsed onto the dirty floor with a scream. Anthony looked at himself through a shattered mirror, and he immediately saw the problem. Large, deep gashes cut through his tattered jeans and into his skin, and possibly more. His chest had similar problems: his leather jacket looked as if it had been torn to pieces. His shirt was oddly complete compared to the rest of his clothing, but dark red splotches could be seen sprouting from behind the green fabric. Dirty blond hair was now an ashy grey.

The groaning became louder, but not because of volume: the noise was coming towards him. Anthony braced himself for whatever monstrosity that was getting closer.

It could be seen behind the rubble. First a hand. Then another. A Human face crunched in agony as the person crawled towards Anthony.

“Help...me…” the man squeaked out. As he crawled closer towards him, Anthony could see the same problems he had. Shattered legs, tattered clothing, bleeding out. His wounds seemed more clean than his, but not in a sterile way. It looked like he was cut with laser-like precision, and not from sloppy slashed like Anthony had.

“Who…are you?” Anthony stammered.

“The eyes...the EYES! MAKE THEM STOP!” the man shouted. With a surprising burst of speed, he leapt at Anthony, crushing his already fragile lungs

Anthony howled in pain, now completely pinned to the ground. He fumbled around for something, anything, to get the person off of him. He spotted a dagger in the other guy’s belt loop. With his last measure of strength, he grabbed the weapon and stabbed the man on top of him.

For just a moment, Anthony thought he saw something dissipate in the man’s eyes, a murky cloud. Then he slid off of Anthony, rolling onto the cracked floor of the ship.

Anthony, despite his adrenaline, could not get up to move. After testing his weight again, he settled for a slow crawl. As he made his way through the dimly lit area, a part of his brain told him that he was in the control room of the vessel. And even the most basic of ship systems had an AI.

His eyes frantically searched for a control console, or something to access the--

There.

The control panel’s display flickered rapidly, but it still looked functional. Anthony crawled on top of a beaten chair, and accessed the AI.

“What...unit is this?” Anthony heaved.

“Tyufscbkyresvnkl67853hhddz7@@:):mmczREBOOTyjdsdgkirbn753!&-^~!!£?hitchnmREBOOTcdhk$;5¥!,’jhhkjduREBOO878037ro;apIPSDUJ:"S JDPSJ"U[-3uREBOOTphaposydhup93u90a37upjs867676LKHLHP9ReBOOTS]ipauspdahs-”

Anthony, sensing a pattern, hit the aptly named “RESET” button. Whirs and clicks spewed out of the machine for a minute, and then, all fell silent. The main monitor, albeit cracked, displayed a portrait of a faceless Human.

“Greetings! Please state your name, race, and position aboard the ship!”

“Huh?” Anthony mumbled. “Oh! Anthony Crossland, Human… Captain?”

“Confirming information.” A few more whirs and beeps, then:

“Welcome Captain Anthony!” it gleefully said. “I am A.C.E, the Advanced Communications Expert installed for this ship! What can I do for you now?”

The computer looked at the bloody mess in front of him, and frowned.

“You appear to be injured. Would you allow me to treat your wounds?

All Anthony could offer was a grunt of approval.

“Splendid!” the voice cried. “Please remain still while the injections are occurring.”

Anthony felt needle after needle stab through his skin, into his bloodstream. He could feel his consciousness slipping away, but he couldn’t tell if it was the chemicals or the wounds. As his train of thought went off to other things, his mind drifted away, and he closed his eyes.

When he awoke, the first thing he noticed was the tubes feeding into his body. On one side, purple slugs sifted through what appeared to be his blood, sucking something in or out of the red substance. The other tube led back into his arm, with the filtered blood entering back into his body.

The next thing was that he didn’t feel any pain, despite still having all of the wounds from before. Long, thick bandages were wrapped around his legs and arms, but he was able to flex them easily enough.

“You’re awake!” A.C.E exclaimed. “Are you feeling better, Captain?”

“What...what did you do?” Anthony said in a raspy voice.

“I used Byressian slugs to act as...antibodies, if you will. They are currently purging the last of your cells of infections!” he said cheerfully. “Oh! I also bandaged your wounds, and injected you with painkillers to ease the pain.”

“Thank...thank you, A.C.E. Where am I now?” he asked.

“My navigational systems are unfortunately damaged.” he said gloomily. “I’m sorry Captain, but I have no idea where we are.”

“How were they damaged?” Anthony questioned. “And what else is damaged?”

“My analysis of the ship shows that Weapons and Shields are completely gone. The fuel lines to the Engines are cut, and the Engines themselves will need to be replaced. Life Support is at minimum functionality. Power will have to be restored to gain access to other floors.” A.C.E explained. “As to how, my memory banks do not display any information as to why the ship is heavily damaged.

“What can I do to get the ship running again?” Anthony asked. “Does anything work?”

“My calculations say that the best course of action is to land the ship on the planet we are currently orbiting, and to look for intelligent life.” he said. “As for the second question, the engines themselves seem to have sufficient fuel to land on the planet. The boarding ramp is surprisingly undamaged, as well as the landing gear. Your personal locker is fully functional as well.”

“Am I well enough to travel, A.C.E?” the Human replied.

“I would advise that you should stay away from combat as much as possible. Do not overexert yourself.” the A.I warned.

The Human pushed. “Can I travel?” Anthony asked with a little more force.

With a visible sigh, he answered, “Yes, you are well enough to travel.”

“I will begin flying down to the planet. Prepare yourself for the journey at your ship locker.” the computer ordered.

Holding his breath, Anthony took a shaky step. Then another. Taking care to step past the dead Human and the rubble, he slowly marched towards his personal chest.

He punched in a code on the box’s keypad. After a *click* was heard, he opened the locker.

To his disappointment, the locker contained almost nothing of use. A few changes of clothes (which he appreciated very much), a flashlight, undoubtedly expired canned food. His personal gun was in there, but he discovered no ammunition for the small pistol. The only weapon he had was the dagger he had stolen from the raving Human he had killed earlier.

Looking at the dagger now, Anthony could see that it was definitely not a normal weapon. The blade wasn’t straight; it curved and weaved in the shape of a snake. A red crystal had been inserted into the bottom of the hilt, although it’s purpose was unclear. The golden hilt had a design that looked similar to Avian markings he had seen before. Staring at the carvings made his head ache, so he turned his attention elsewhere.

Finding nothing else wrong with the ritualistic blade, he tucked it through a belt loop in case of problems on the surface. Vertigo struck him as the ship entered the planet’s atmosphere. Anthony was forced to the ground, but he was used to the feeling after many landings.

He could feel the ship settle down onto a clearing, so he stood up and steeled himself for what lied ahead. The ship’s boarding ramp slowly lowered, with a satisfying *chunk* as it hit the ground.

With a final breath, Anthony headed down the ramp to the foreign world.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Solar313, Ponamis and Gilligan Lanley like this.
  19. Solar313

Solar313 Fat Man

This is awesome! I'm really sorry I haven't been online much, I'll try to check back more often!

Combozone likes this.
  20. unilew

unilew Space Hobo

Hi i am not sire if you are still doing it, but if you are can i suggest?