1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Who has watched the new trailer?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Starbug, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Madzai

Madzai Phantasmal Quasar

I remember it as a bit different. Steam page contains false (ok, ok, outdated) info for a long time. There we numerous complain about it both in Steam and in on forums for a long time. And yes, one day Molly appeared and said she'll to change Steam page. So, some things changes, some people view it as Devs goodwill, other could saw it as "covering failures". To find out that actually happened (or even to be more certain about it), one, who doesn't follow Starbound development closely must look for hours in different sources. Expecting everyone going to do it is a bit naive.
    But YT comments were always like that. It's always easier to write "You and your game suck" instead of writing small essay :"On ungentlemanly behavior of Tiy and his team" but, again, not everyone have time to follow Starbound closely. They check it from time to time, and if the things are not to their tastes they probably write some short, rude comment an be off to something else. And providing such people with actual, easy to access and understand information about actual state of the game is part of Company job. IMHO.
    QFT, but some of us still complaint because we have a glimpse of hope that, maybe, some of missing features could be back in we complain enough.

drakd, Heartstrings and Pingeh like this.
  2. Just to alleviate some concern -- builders will want a home planet to rent out constructed rooms to NPC's -- one of the intended progression type features specifically for builder type players. That feature may or may not happen, but as of now, there's no reason to think otherwise.

Axe Garian, Serenity and Heartstrings like this.
  3. Attack_Fish

Attack_Fish Phantasmal Quasar

Oh right! I totally forgot about that portion Izzabelle!
    I think the DEVs shouldn't stress themselves with more than is needed. I'm fine with waiting for renting rooms until a later update to get this one out sooner.
    That's probably going to be my specialty, I love decorating :rofl:

Tamorr and Izzabelle like this.
  4. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Subatomic Cosmonaut

Some interesting changes, will have to wait to see them ingame itself.
    The trailer in itself was pretty average, so i'd give it 6/10.

Skarn likes this.
  5. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

I got the opposite impresion, that the video only contains like 20% of the content changes i have seen covered in the blogs.

Edit: Btw, people that feel cheated since some feature mentioned early isent ingame:

Thats not how game development work, you werent given a list of promises on kickstarter etc, you were given a game concept (well, they pretty much have to include the stretch goals, but other then that).

They develop a game towards a concept but the end product is pretty much allways wastly different from the early concept.

So you cant view things they have said early "This will be ingame" as anything more then "what they are planning at the moment they say it".

Again, just to hammer it in, its not promises, just a early game concept.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Tarsen

Tarsen Void-Bound Voyager

oh wow that looks great.

thanks for the link, izzabelle.

7. TheFudgement

TheFudgement Ketchup Robot

8. Snappyr

Snappyr Big Damn Hero

No opinion formed yet.

That must wait until we get to play it.

Darthkitten likes this.
  9. Paco495

Paco495 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fixed...

Serenity and Zouleena like this.
  10. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Yes, I so want this. But bug catching will make do in the meantime.

Serenity likes this.
  11. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix Ketchup Robot

Nice trailer but the endsequence is real to fast (sorry).
    Was this real needed?
    :-(

12. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Even though was answered well by Izzy, for myself I would build on the surface anyway. I have a master plan to build an entire Universe planet to planet. Adding this or that is not reconstructing here or there. I want to make it so that in what I build I could visit later on with another character and look back at what I did build.

What I would use the ship for, especially with the size it will be eventually, is a simple matter of organized chaos. Well sort of, as I am a packrat per say. I probably would design certain sections to look well in my eyes and quite a bit of it as storage for things i would intend to build, or just want to keep.

I too like decorating somewhat. I build mainly and what Izzy mentions rings true with me.:)

Serenity likes this.
  13. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

>reading YouTube comments in the first place

bruh

I've had them AdBlocked for a long time now

14. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Oh, I forgot to say that there was no keybinding GUI in the trailer. So the winter update is dead to me.

drakd and Pingeh like this.
  15. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

Aren't they always?
    No, just me?
    Oh, thank god.
    Well, if you'd played the nightly builds...
    The heat protection tech allows you to visit extremely heated planets without bursting into flames, but your original nanoskin can also handle lava's temperatures. Or something. That's the headcanon I'm going with. You won't roast in seconds, it'll start dealing damage in the 7-10 range, then 15-20, then 20-40, and eventually you're going to die.

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. Uzkniso

Uzkniso Big Damn Hero

I watched it.

Loved it.

Hopefully health restoring will be as easy as mana, though. I didn't see anyone mentioning anything about health restoration. Just the new energy (mana) restoration...

17. Dr. Otaku-Sensei

Dr. Otaku-Sensei Phantasmal Quasar

Rekindled my hype for the game, that's for sure.
    But Chuclefish still have a long way to go
    for them to consider this a "finished" product.

18. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Some things I saw in the trailer were obviously copied from the Terraria 1.2 update : the beach ball, bug catching - to name two.
    Is Tiy playing Terraria ?

Dr. Otaku-Sensei likes this.
  19. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Nice trailer! I've been playing nightlies for a while now and I can verify that they only had time to showcase a fraction of what is really there. Thanks for all the hard work CF!

Serenity, Heartstrings and Tamorr like this.
  20. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

Hyyyppppeeeee.....*runs into a wall*.....
    I am so hyped now! *fainted*

TheFloranChef and Tamorr like this.