1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

White/Unfinished Screen Popping Up Randomly

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lachlinobeast, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Lachlinobeast

Lachlinobeast Space Hobo

I just bought the game today, and I'm already having issues. On my first day, I get up, and start clearing the debris off my farm. Suddenly, my screen goes white, with a few brown dots (this happened three times, but not all at the same time.) Thankfully I knew how to exit the game, as it could have been worse. Anyways, I don't know what is causing this, and I don't know how to fix it. It might be my O.S., as I still have 7 standard embedded, but it says that 7 works. The latest it's happened is around 10:00 a.m.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

This happens to me every single time I load or start a game, about five minutes after I first get going. What works for me is to minimize the game window and then open it back up again, and the screen is restored. So far it does not come back during that session no matter how long I leave the game running, so, I consider it a pesky bug but not a game-breaker. I'm also running Win 7, as it happens, but I'm not sure if that's the cause. But try to minimize and restore the game window while keeping it running and see if that returns your display to normal. (When starting a /new/ game, from scratch, the same thing happens when the control tutorial graphics wander in along the sides of the screen. The solution works for this as well.)

• Lachlinobeast

Lachlinobeast Space Hobo

Thanks a lot! It worked!