1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue White Screen Startup. Common Solutions Don't Fix it.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Zoie, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Zoie

Zoie Space Hobo

This error makes my game unplayable. Stardew Valley has worked on my computer correctly for a long time, but now Stardew Valley loads as a plain white screen with working sound. The error always occurs whether I am in Fullscreen or Windowed mode. Notably, screenshots from Steam show the game working correctly.

System details and tested solutions below. Thank you so much to anyone who is willing to help. I really don't know what else to try at this point.

___System Details___

Operating System: Windows 10.0.17134
    Error Logs: None under Appdata\Roaming\StardewValley
    Save Files: I deleted them to try to fix this, so I dont have any on this laptop.
    Build ID: 2841548

I don't have any mods. I have tried with and without Beta installed.

___Solutions that I Have Tried___

- Everything under "How To Fix Your Game" (https://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/discussions/0/142261352650065356/) EXCEPT Scorched Earth Method because I don't trust myself.

- Reinstalling Stardew Valley (part of "How To Fix Your Game")

- Verifying Integrity of Game Files (part of "How To Fix Your Game")

- Running Steam as Administrator (part of "How To Fix Your Game")

- Restarting my computer (part of "How To Fix Your Game")

- Running Stardew Valley as Administrator

- Pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete and opening Task Manager during game.

- Pressing Alt + Enter to switch between Fullscreen and Windowed Mode during game.

- Reinstalling drivers from Dell and Intel on my computer.

- Disabling and Reenabling Steam Overlay

- Deleting startup_preferences and all other files under AppData\Roaming\StardewValley

- Changing the resolution on my computer