1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Whipcraft 1.3

New whips & recipes to even out the progression of whips in the game

1. Nirrudn

Nirrudn Void-Bound Voyager

Nirrudn submitted a new mod:

Whipcraft - New whips & recipes to even out the progression of whips in the game

Read more about this mod...

2. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Belmont's Flame Whip huh, I get the reference ;)

Anyways, thank you for this. I've been using a whip and dual pistols to keep my Novakid as western as possible.

3. Nirrudn

Even made it one-handed so you can put throwing daggers or axes in your offhand!

4. Phantaeon

Also what I use on my Novakid :rofl:
    Also aren't all whips one-handed?

5. Nirrudn

There's a legendary whip in the default game that is two-handed, with a special attack.

The Slime Whip from this mod is also two-handed because I want to add a special attack to it, as soon as I figure out exactly how it all works.

6. Nirrudn

Nirrudn updated Whipcraft with a new update entry:

Chains, Flails, & Terrible Programmer Art

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. Megumin

Megumin Guest

try to add Castlevania's whips

8. Nirrudn

I might add something iconic like that in the future, when I can do it justice. I'm still learning how to mod Starbound, and I'd want to script some kind of special effect if I were to make Vampire Killer.

9. Phantaeon

Sorry I couldn't react sooner, but I can be of use in the pixel art department.

10. Megumin

Megumin Guest

Vampire Killer is pretty awesome thing, try to make it cool
    [EDIT] try to add mechanics like in first part of Lord of Shadows it's 2d

11. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Question: Will more whips be coming? X'D

12. Nirrudn

I'm planning on implementing two more whips with custom special attacks, but I don't really have an ETA for it.

Crusism likes this.
  13. Nirrudn

Crusism likes this.
  14. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

now i can play this song while using a whip :D.

[Video][/Video]

15. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

Will you make a razor whip? Or a sword whip? Ooooh classic dnd spiked chain?

16. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

17. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

I was wondering if you could make an iron chain whip that is enchanted with fire while having a faster attack speed and a long whipping range (i.e. at least twice the attack range).

The desire of such a whip came to me when I was remembering old Castlevania games and when I started seeing so many whip mods that either hadn't had the exact whip I am looking or hadn't had the range nor attack speed to make use of the 'Grapping Whips' mod.

That and it always peeved me that whips in Starbound are quite slow in attack and very short in range to be viable enough for combat. X'D

'Grappling Whips' is a whip mechanic mod, which allows you to grapple your whip onto light sources (i.e. re-creating that Indiana Jones feeling) and which works with custom whips from other mod (e.g. 'Whipcraft'). This is the main reason for the long whipping range and, sadly, a lot of Starbound's whips are a bit too short to actually make fun out of it. =/

'Grappling Whips'
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/grappling-whips.4155/

With this, I have the tendency to create dungeons for my friends and myself with this mod in mind (placing light sources all about at high spots to swing around to reach places - lol).

While 'Grappling Whips' has a whip that has the exact range and attack speed needed (i.e. its custom 'Indy Whip') to make use of its grappling mechanic, the whip is very weak (in that it is a low-tier weapon even after a lot of damage buffs) and I prefer chain whips (haha) and whips that spew fire (I do love Castlevania).

So, I would really look forward to having such a whip (for low tier and high tier); such a desired whip would let me live my dreams as SPACE CASTLEVANIA! =D

18. Phantaeon

I could create the sprites for such a whip. If it's possible to give the whip end multiple animations. Which hopefully is the case since I designed the Solarium Flail around it.