1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which weapon mods do you want?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by The Enderman, Jun 8, 2012.

?

What is your favourite mod type

1. Damage Increase

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Scope/ Laser pointer

20 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Flashlight

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Silencer

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Defensive

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antarus

Antarus Void-Bound Voyager

But how would it work? Would everything be visible? Or would it just be a green, higher powered flashlight?

2. Gadgetguy

Gadgetguy Bag of Holding

I think it would have the see everything green of the night vision, and the zoom of the scope.
    I was thinking about it and it would be cool to have a defensive robot port on your gun ala Starcraft Carrier style (With much smaller bots)

3. Antarus

Antarus Void-Bound Voyager

A carrier gun? I'd use it.

4. Gadgetguy

Gadgetguy Bag of Holding

My gun doesn't shoot, the robots my gun shoots shoot at you.
    Having a really rare carrier gun that let me have 50 robots would be a dream.

Stompopolos likes this.
  5. Daston

Daston Space Penguin Leader

like a bee hive gun?or ants nest gun? thats very interesting... Oh, youre talking bout bots not animals. I would like to see that

6. Gadgetguy

Gadgetguy Bag of Holding

Yes, it would be like a robot bee hive gun in a sense.

7. The Mute One

The Mute One Phantasmal Quasar

Rifle. RIFLE. RIFLE! I want to add the laser shooting thingy to it.

Stompopolos likes this.
  8. Sir_Animus

Sir_Animus Title Not Found

Here are some mods that I cam up with:
    1) Seismic Ammo - Would allow the gun to shoot blocks to dislodge or destroy them
    2) Thermal scope - Would allow you to see warm blooded enemies through walls within a certain distance (depending on scope strength or body temperature?)
    3) Subspace Ammo - Would allow the gun to ignore the presence of blocks entirely and shoot through walls
    4)Bonus X (bigger clip, higher fire rate, more accurate).

I like the idea of the laser sight mentioned earlier too. Having a beam drawn to the cursor might help in lining up shots for weapons that penetrate through multiple baddies.

I really like the idea of a carrier gun because it would make for quite a unique weapon. I'm actually thinking of the locust plasmid from Bioshock here. Maybe firing out a swarm of insects that unpredictably home toward nearby targets and ignore (held) shields on enemies raising these for defense. Maybe the player would have to go collect unique ammo for it, like harvesting the insects themselves from pods that spawn on certain worlds. Are there plans for energy shields (armor that recharges)? On all characters? If this is limited to some characters the insect swarm would rather stupidly go to the shielded enemy as if it were a buglamp and just be nullified.

Stompopolos likes this.
  9. Stompopolos

Stompopolos Gotta Catch 'em All! Mk.2

Either a long-range scope, or some sort of Electrical mod. Better yet, a combination of the two. Imagine your surprise when my electrified bullet zips out of no where and paralyzes you for a few seconds.

Sir_Animus likes this.
  10. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

Undermounted Shotguns/grenade launchers/etc.

It'd be awesome if certain weapon classes had a chance of spawning with an undermounted attachment.

11. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

I want the Moar Sword mod, I want my swords to have swords on them.

LastDay likes this.
  12. Kentos

Kentos Orbital Explorer

What about a gun that Modifies the bullets that you shoot? Pretty much like in borderlands were some guns shoot acidic bullets, incendiary bullets, bullets infused with electricity, and rounds that explode upon impact. Although i should involve more creativity with this so i thought homing bullets would be kinda cool....and OP :p

13. [​IMG]

Marshall.Duke and LastDay like this.
  14. pokecoop

pokecoop Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not a defensive person. I want my gun to do as MUCH damage as possible to clear anyone or anything in my path. Accuracy won't matter if I'm shooting everywhere! TL;DR- Any mod that increases the damage.

15. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

Oh, you mean an ingame MODIFICATION. See, when you said "mod" I assumed you ment a player-made addon to change the base game. BIG difference :p But that being said... well, I have no imput because I am a sword user, and i can't help but notice that the poll at the top of this thread seems to be rather gun-based :rofl:

16. Gman_Austre

Gman_Austre Phantasmal Quasar

If i have like a sword i want like a head mod for it that puts a decapitated head on my sword and makes me look like a monster

17. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want scope, silencer and armor-piercing bullets. I love killing enemies before they could see me.

18. Aeridan

Aeridan Pangalactic Porcupine

I want to put a flamethrower on my battle axe! :viking::fireball:

19. Kelp

Kelp Big Damn Hero

A solar panel is a must! All right, that would be highly impractical.

How about an under-barrel harpoon or grappling hook? Yes, that sounds good to me. I'd want that.

20. Combine_Kegan

Combine_Kegan Phantasmal Quasar

I couldn't choose any of those. If I had my say I'd choose a homing mod. Though for the sake of fairness it'd lower the rifle's rate of fire, slow the projectiles down, and consume a little energy with every shot, but I like the idea of firing a few rounds knowing they're going to hit whatever may be chasing me while I flee like a little girl tactically retreat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.