which NPCs do you bond with first?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wronghandle, Aug 5, 2017.

1. wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

Re: my original question - it's interesting to hear so many people approaching the friendship system in terms of proximity/convenience or role-playing. That's pretty much how I played it for several run throughs. It wasn't until I started writing a guide for fishing clutzes that I really started to dig into how friendship interacts with other game systems. In my new build, I want to explore managing energy, and I think leaning into the friendship system will be part of my strategy.

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

Right!? To quote the show "Weeds"

Heylia: "If it's free, it's me! And I don't turn down nothin' but my collar!"

• ruddthree

ruddthree Phantasmal Quasar

Haley and Abigail are pretty high on my list, but Leah seems cool.

• Icewinde

Icewinde Space Spelunker

Shane gets parsnips in the first weeks and a beer bought in the pub on his birthday.
          This gives enough friendship to do the flowerdance with him that first year, increasing friendship even more.
          In summer a few Hot Peppers brings him to 8 hearts in no time and I have a chance for blue chickens from start (I always keep breeding until all my chickens are blue)
          Spring ognions for Linus (only 8 gold) daddofil for Evelyn and the leek for George,
          And I might trow a dandelion to Pierre when I visit his store.
          Once i start going mines Seb and his mom can have the quartz and frozen tears for Seb when I get to lower floors.
          Ow and Pam can have parsnips aswell cos its a loved gift for her, (and they are only 35 gold anyway, I like cheap gifts!)
          Others I usually start gifting in winter or even second year.
          Starting to think to only focus on Shane for the blue chickens and my spouce candidat whoever that going to be next time tough cos I always seem to have a huge shortage of gold those first seasons so it might be better to sell all that forage!

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

In looking at my saves, I'd say the first two people I try to buddy with are Marnie and Robin. Marnie so I can get into her room and get the purple shorts ASAP (I don't care for blackmailing Lewis at the grange show, plus the 750 reward is more useful in early summer when he makes the request), Robin I'm not sure on, it just happens. She apparently loves it when I give her carpentry projects, so my relationship with her is pretty strong.

I also like to buddy it up with Leah early, maybe because I can relate to her aspirations.

• Muny

Muny Void-Bound Voyager

I always buddy up with Linus and Willy. I am usually fishing so I see them quite often, but will still go outta my way to share natures wealth with them :)

• Eridanos

Eridanos Tentacle Wrangler

Playing for the first time and basically befriending the shop owners (Pierre, Robin, Marnie, Clint) along with Alex since I repaired the bridge heading to the East Beach early, so in Summer took the chance and managed to gift him any flower I picked up. (8 Hearts now and I'm seriously considering marrying him)

When I started running the Mines, Linus was an easy target - I actually harvested Yams specifically for him.

About to start my 2nd year so I'll guess I'll continue until the shop owners are at 10, and maybe focus on Shane, since I want Blue Chickens.

• LadySurly

LadySurly Void-Bound Voyager

I always forget to friend Pierre. I assume that since I see him every damn day to buy or sell that will boost our friendship but then remember that doesn't actually count as talking to him lol...

wronghandle likes this.
                  • Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

depends but at the same time it's random, my latest character I have him ready to get married to Haley just because he's lonely, though he has his eye on a second lady and one as his end goal that I don't talk to much. I pass Harvey, Linus, and Shane the most anyone else I bump into I give them a gift if I can though most don't know him yet.

• ScarletAurora

ScarletAurora Poptop Tamer

I go for befriending the ones I like the most and in the two games I've started I befriended Shane and Linus first. They are always on the top of my friends list. I'd like to be friends with Linus in real life, he's a sweetie.

• alyssadower

alyssadower Void-Bound Voyager

I usually end up with Linus as my first friend, him being lonely makes me sad D:

ScarletAurora likes this.
                        • Eridanos

I like how Alex's character is developed through his heart events and how his dialogues change once you reach 8 hearts. (Definitively marrying him...aiming to win over Grumpy Pops and Granny now)

Though I feel Cooking really speeds up the friendships as you can focus on what they like and batch-cook them and just deliver them over the week. Or you could always visit the Stardrop Saloon and see if you're lucky with the dishes. (Bless the Beer, Coffee, Salad and Pizza)

PS: Godammit Kent...Roasted Hazelnuts and Fiddlefern Risotto?! I'm not gonna scavenge like crazy for the ingredients man...just take one of my fancy arse Eggs.

• Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

Marnie and her family, for practical reasons. I usually 'clear' an entire map before moving on.

wronghandle likes this.
                            • wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

Part of my greenhouse is actually called Kent's Corner because I'm constantly growing Autumn wild seeds to feed his hazelnut habit.

Eridanos likes this.
                              • Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

That's actually a great idea! I never thought of that.

Eridanos likes this.
                                • Eridanos

*Looks at post with bewilderedeyes, clothes dirty from autumnal leaves* *Looks at Kent's Friendship meter, reading 10*

Ehh...too late for that now. (Thanks Yoba the hazelnuts where bountiful this year)

wronghandle and Jack Of Shades like this.
                                  • Reneeisxena

Reneeisxena Big Damn Hero

My first real friend was Linus. I just like that homeless (?) dude. I was really good friends with Abigail but after I married Harvey we didn't talk much anymore. Just like in real life if you think about it.

newhpete and Jack Of Shades like this.