1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is Novakid artifact?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by TheMrAdam, Oct 27, 2018.

1. TheMrAdam

TheMrAdam Astral Cartographer

A playable race in vanilla game.Robot's.Mediaval culture.

Yeah
    .But this text can delete, and forgot about it.If Novakid cn't have artifact,why it's playable rece?It's stupid.If they no need fo storyline ,why his in tbe game?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I think he means the "Glitch".
    Well... it doesn't have to be artifact. They can have some kind of story that connects to the main story, instead. I think Starbound has a good potential of extending the main story, making it like a TV series, for example Episode 1 - The Hatred of the Occasus, Episode 2 - Nox's Revenge, Episode 3 - The Beginning of the End (I think this one comes from Minecraft). I guess something like that.

3. TheMrAdam

Yeah, i want to say about artifact and storyline, but i forgot about it.Also, we don't see Nox in stroy line after Pagoda, and Chucklefish can make a new story quest with Novakid's and Nox.Something like, that.Asra Nox is wanted in Novakid city, and she steal... somethig. Trains, revolvers, and all wester-like things. It's be awesome.But looks like it just dream...

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

@TheMrAdam please avoid doubleposts after such a short time. Edit your previous post instead if you want to make additions. You can also put multiple replies in one post. I merged the doublepost. :nuruhappy:

5. Daikon Ocelot

Well, that's quite not true. The last time we saw Nox is when we fight the Ruin. After that she gone away, and no one know where she goes. But your idea about the Novakid can be great addition too.

6. TheMrAdam

Oh sorry, i don't know about Nox. But yeah it's was really cool. I hope they make Novakid's storyline, maybe with no artifact, but story

7. NPete28

NPete28 Poptop Tamer

I have a theory that the Ark itself is the Novakid artifact because when a novakid scans ancient things, he/she makes an indication that they have a faint memory of them. The Novakid have short memories, so that would explain no one knowing about the artifact. Since it has been heavily suggested that the Novakid are the scattered remains of the Cultivator, it would make sense that they take ownership over the Ark, where the other artifacts are united.

8. DellTheNovakid

DellTheNovakid Space Hobo

They meant Glitch

9. KosmyvKroids

KosmyvKroids Intergalactic Tourist

At the Opening The Ark quest your Manipulator is the Last Artifact in the gamed
    The Human Artifact was known as the Master Manipulator that you obtain from your First quest called The Protectorate
    The Human Artifact has a Yellow Collours once its Placed on the Gate

To know all the Artifact Visit
    https://starbounder.org/Artifact

Be Sure you do all the Story quest if you wanna know all the Artifacts

10. Daikon Ocelot

Yeah, every major race except the Novakid have their artifact, and that's why this thread was made.

11. DarkAvery

DarkAvery Void-Bound Voyager

There's a theory that suggests the Novakids were formed after the Cultivator defeated the Ruin and that they are made from the "ancient and wild" fragments that broke off of the Cultivator. While this wouldn't explain how the Novakids have their own little sculpture within the ancient gateways, the Apex are also inscribed on these and even have their own artifact. This would imply the Apex were around during the tenure of the Ancients, but that doesn't really make that much sense. Only now am I realising how messed up this game's chronology is.

I'm also really interested in what race was supposed to be in the broken off segment, though we don't have any concrete evidence for any answer to that either.

12. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

Honestly the gates alone don't really mess up the game's chronology, especially when you consider how we're not given any specific date or solid estimate of when the Apex underwent VEP, there's only some in-universe guesses that throws out some hundreds of years as maybe when VEP happened. Admittedly I have a head-canon that the apex artifact had the genetic code utilized in VEP within it, which does seem to conflict with my first point here, but I haven't gotten to my second.

There's nothing that indicates that the Ancients just up and vanished after the Cultivator sealed the Ruin away either, in fact if the caretaker is the last of their kind as many are inclined to think they likely merely dwindled away over the eons, plenty of opportunity for them to keep the gateways up to date on their representation of the chosen races, especially since they're probably the only ones who can actually modify them.

We also need to consider how the artifacts were granted, I wouldn't be altogether surprised if they were deposited one the homeworlds of the chosen species rather than directly gifted. I am aware that there is an unused object that seems to depict the cultivator gifting the Floran their artifact directly, but given the fact it isn't used at all in game, its canonicity is dubious at best.

13. Terra999

Terra999 Space Hobo

Glitch i think he means im new on chucklefish but not on side scrollers
    anyhow i believe the reason why is even why the thread is old the Novakid Were Implemented into the game by a donator to the game and everything else thats bin said here

14. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

pretty much yeah lol, the boring real world answer is that the Novakid were added last and were only tied into the storyline at the very end as a result (in a rather ingenious way imo)

Terra999 likes this.
  15. Terra999

Terra999 Space Hobo

also notice how each artifact is the color of that races AI? /Teleport Color bingo! Novakid beam is PINK and unfortunatly pink doesnt fit in the starbound rainbow too well :p

16. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

I like to think it's a nod to the Ancients actually, of which purple seems to be the most fitting racial color, pink just happens to be rather close to purple :p