1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback where are the novakid quest line? also not only one quest!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by General Nuclear, May 23, 2017.

1. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

-> upload_2017-5-23_10-32-37.png <-
    THIS!
    This!
    This right here! the original concept art for the novakid race needs to be a quest this picture, that place, those guys. where we help this skinny nova guy in the picture lets call him clint Novakid eastwood for now and that chunky villain that it looks like clint have chased for a long time now for his numerous crimes, murders and scams that he have gotten away with and then finally managed to catch up with him only for him to pull a dirty one at him, But that doesn't stop him nothing will!. some novakids might forget the unspeakable crimes that was don by that villain But never him!

'Clint' needs to be as tough as a nail just look at him!
    Tougher then a train! It's just a flesh wound!
    it really isn't and his critically hurt but he wont let that stop him! He can't let that stop him! He doesn't have time to bleed! not when there are Evil bastards around to kill and people to protect),

[​IMG]

who probably saves us dozens of times through out the quest line
    (And i mean saving us not by opening a door we can't open like nuru did, but by actualy fighting for us or tricking the enemys maybe that capture us all while having a badassitude through out all the quests).

And we help him take down a highly dangerous criminal who probably are above the law in a lot of places and have gottan away with so much (that we can see not only hear about).
    also he should helps us too not just watches and den take the credit for our work like most in game npc ''heros'' do now days WE HATE THAT and its bad for the story (yeah i know its hard to balance but atleast try) unless his famous for it like zapp brannigan but we don't want this guy to be like that.

(feeling luck punk!)
    And don't you guys even think about working on this quest line if you haven't seen a single clint eastwood movie.

If you can't come up with a personality for the villain then i suggest probably have a personality inspired by a mix up of Pete from disney (The old mean son of a gun version) and Bluto from popeye since it is after all for kids. also maybe his just a merc and part of a even bigger scheme and maybe he escapes.

Also last but not least take your time don't rush it i don't care if i have to wait a year or two for it as long as it turns out good, badass and action filled.

you can do it devs YOU GOT THE POWER!

some inspiration music also the best workout music ever.
    not a song about rainbows just so ya know.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  2. Atri

Atri Void-Bound Voyager

I can get the energy in your speech. I feel you. And I must agree with you. A novakid story line is needed. They are the fu***** best.
    So yeah, plis devs. You work hard. Your hard work pays off. But fu** if we don't need a Novakid Quest Line or something!

General Nuclear likes this.
  3. Shaggyd0g

Shaggyd0g Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It makes sense canonically that there isn't a quest in the main story as the Novakid are the scattered remains of the Cultivator so they would never have received an orb as they were created after that when the Cultivator Made the orbs for the existing races then exploded thus creating the new Novakid race...

BUT

In saying that I would love a post-game / end-game quest after you beat the ruin to do with them. Because yes, Novakid are freakin awesome.

Atri likes this.
  4. General Nuclear

who said it had to be about the orbs.
    besides on the ruin gateway we can clearly see a novakid face meaning they where before the cultivator.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    Atri likes this.
  5. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Or the gate was constructed by the ancients after the cultivator sacrificed itself, which, given that that place is special mostly because it acts as a teleporter to the weird sub-dimension thingamajig where the Ruin was captured, makes more sense timeline-wise. I mean, it being constructed to as a way to easily use the artifacts needed to get to the Ruin's dimension makes more sense than "the Cultivator stuffed the Ruin into this little door right here".

6. General Nuclear

but still it don't have to be about the orbs or the ancients for that matter.
    but it could be about the ancients and orbs in another way too, but in way that makes it not about them but with them stumbling across the orb or the ancients in a way, if you get what i mean.

like for exsample of they are a part of the story with that one of the novakids have stolen one of the orbs or have found some forbidden devise from the ancients that they should not have been messing with and we need to stop them with help from ohter novakids. or they are only mercs or part of the plan working for someone else maybe a evil crime syndicate maybe a cult or evil master mind. maybe it was only for money first but they decides to turn on there master ones they find out about what power the artifact holds within and keep it for them self and use it.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  7. Thewolfbuddy

Thewolfbuddy Void-Bound Voyager

If by questline you mean the "scan important floran/avian/other race artifacts to unlock a dungeon to do stuff" then that'd be cool. Novakids are best race. I was sad because in my latest playthrough probably 10 hours in and I haven't seen a Nova. Maybe Clint Eastwood Nova could be tied up at the end of the Erchius Horror mission, because he tried to go stop the thing and got overpowered by Horrors, but couldn't be converted so they captured him instead. Then he'd set up shop at the ark kind of like the other quest dungeon people.

I think it would be cool if the race leader people gave out more quests. Like sure we did your dungeon and you want us to do this trial or something, but let's go stop a group of Floran cannibals or save some Glitch defectors from an execution. The quests are kind of boring currently.

8. General Nuclear

The novakids really need to ride on glitch horses

upload_2018-8-19_16-39-7.jpeg

https://orig00.deviantart.net/2b54/...___robot_horse_thing_by_rhopunzel-d6rh00v.gif

Not only are they steampunk AF but they really fit through out the whole novakid theme.
    maybe they bought them off some glitch traders or just stole them from glitch natives since the novakids are traveling around the galaxy after all. also the quest really need some diversity when it comes to the race quests because even thought its a race quest dosen't mean that its 100% just that race that need to be involved.

Also the song gave me a idea what if sheriff clint Novakid eastwood gets wanted for something he didn't do and have to catch the true villain behind it all to regain his honorable reputation.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    theflamingchuthulu likes this.
  9. General Nuclear

Heh i just found this while randomly listing to music on youtube.

someone used the novakid concept art for the cover on their song.

Only makes me want a nova story line even waaay more then i already did.

10. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

How about a gaseous horse, a novakid-like horse. They are made from the same material as the novakid. They glow and have symbol as their face like the novakid (sadly, I don't have any illustration for it). I mean instead of buying or stealing from the glitch, it would be nice and better if they have their own kind of horse. Well, it is kinda like the pet they have in their space train.

11. General Nuclear

Why do everything about the novakids have to be neon-gass based?.

I for ones mean that they could use some diversity from other races instead of only having everything in one theme when it comes to the quest lines they did for the other races since it is after all a very rare race all. and they even have one other human cyborg cowboy theme Main Npcs with that hover bike that they never used in game.
    [​IMG]

Anyway the novakids are after all a pretty new race to the whole starbound galaxy and since they have problems with memories and all of that and because they don't write down any of their history (probably only writes down their recipes, calculations, promissorys and money exchangements i guess since they still have books) i figure it would only make sence if they got most of their technology from somewhere else like the florans.
    They probably borrows some from their neighbors tech most likely the glitchs since they are the closet to their area of technological advancement which is the Renaissance Era which is very close to the industrial revolution era of tech and they just modified it further since the glitch are forever stuck in the Renaissance Era and can't really advance further without losing their.. well glitch.
    But the novas could since they have free will but a rather short turn memory.
    And then again the space tech the glitchs uses have to also have been brought to them by a foreign power like either the humans or the apexs or maybe even the hylotis which might have given them the tech or it might even have been stole from some traveling floran space scavangers which again probably stole it from one of the other races, but which we would never know since they don't write any of that down.

But thats only my opinion and what i mean would have made sense.

[​IMG]
    Probably Not as bad as illustrated in this comic and like i mention They probably only writes down their recipes, calculations, promissorys and money exchangements i guess since they still have books but you get what i mean.

But i might be wrong in what the devs think they should do and maybe all their technology is based around maybe lets say some plasma based waste material from their bodys which again powers all their plasma-gass-steam-powered devices.
    I don't know i am just making up stuff that i think sounds logical.
    its up to the devs after all. And as long as they Don't do it like the main quests with (scan this random objects then do this one single quest) thing and gives us more then a few short quests then i am happy.

They do have the glowing sheep things so if they add mounts then they might go for your suggestion i guess. But they don't have a bran on their face to stabilize it and for some reason have a visible face which doesn't really make sense since they are of almost of pure light so you wouldn't really have seen it because of that even if they had a face.
    [​IMG]

But then again the devs have broken the nova creators lore before with the whole mystery of what the novas are made of "that no one not even the novas knows off only that they are some sort of plasma based beings," When you scan one of the laser bridges in the challenge doors pocket dimension. so i don't know.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  12. Daikon Ocelot

Well, yes of course. You got a good point there. I think there should be place where we can buy our own mount in Starbound (and not cars or ships I mean), and the kind of mount availabe would come from all kind of races and not only the majority races, but the minority races too. So, we can ride what the other races usually ride, example: the novakid ride the mechanical glitch horse or the human ride the floran-like mount. Well, I think this thought is kinda off-topic, I am sorry. It's just pass trough my mind, I mean because you talk something about what the novakid ride.

13. TheMrAdam

TheMrAdam Astral Cartographer

Yeah, i think aboui it. I made a post like you, and i saw what i,'m thinking about Novakids storyline.

14. Daikon Ocelot

Basically, they need to make the Novakid take part in the main storyline.

15. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Would be funny if they are connected to the Ancients race, I mean they don't really know their history they just get on with their lives doing novakid things...

16. Maethendias

Maethendias Phantasmal Quasar

because novakid are too young of a race to matter in this storyline (logically) (considering the whole artifact thing too)

also, novakid are the epitome of adhd so an individual probably wont have the capacity to stay with the protectors for too long considering their interests fluctuate in such an extreme manner

17. General Nuclear

For the last time it doesn't have to be about the artifact.
    Beside you don't need to have a story to be a part of someone else's story.

18. Maethendias

Maethendias Phantasmal Quasar

^dude... novakin are literally unable to concentrate on anything for longer periods of time

the whole concept of a "job" is non existent for them, so theyd be unable to work or even join (for that matter) the protectorates

19. Daikon Ocelot

At least they make a good portable light. The protectorate could use that. In case there are no electricity the Novakid could be savior of all. Engineer and mechanic are the best job for them.

Maethendias likes this.
  20. smashmallow101

smashmallow101 Void-Bound Voyager

And a Human Questline for that matter