Modding Help Where are all the Starbound assets?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Master Porky, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Master Porky

Master Porky Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Back in the good ol' days of Starbound when you could fight a giant jelly monster and find flasks of whiskey, I decided I would start a mod. The assets of the game used to be easily accessible and I could use them to help with my modding. Over time I decided to wait until 1.0 to finish my creation. Now that it is here I've picked up where I left off except now when I unpack the assets there are no sprites and the coding has changed a lot. I am a horrible coder so without being able to steal bits and pieces from the actual game I can barely do anything.

So my question is am I missing assets for some reason or is there a new location to find them? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! :up:

2. Alocer

Alocer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You need to unpack the file:
    Code:
    /assets/packed.pak
    Ex:
    Code:
    D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\assets\packed.pak

3. Master Porky

Master Porky Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I unpacked the assets but it seems that some of the files are missing. There are no sprites and I think some of the documents are missing too but im not sure. Is this the same for you and the sprites are no longer accessible or am I just missing assets for some reason?

4. Alocer

Alocer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What are you looking for exactly? I have sprites such as:
    Code:
    /humanoid/avian/femalebody.png
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by documents either. If you mean whatever Lua documentation they include, my location for that is:
    Code:
    D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\doc\lua

5. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

If files are missing - it means you didn't let it finish unpacking.
    Let the window close by its elf - based on the speed of the computer it can take upto 10 minutes.