When you run into your ex-spouse after making them forget about you, or did you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrsEvilbird, Feb 28, 2017.

1. MrsEvilbird

MrsEvilbird Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]

Has anyone else had any "out of the ordinary" comments from an ex spouse?

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

CA really knows how to twist your heartstrings, eh?

springacres and MrsEvilbird like this.
      • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Elliott doesn't recognize you because he never truly saw you beyond his waves of hair.

• MrsEvilbird

Wow.. That .. Made me laugh way louder than I care to admit, haha

Borodin likes this.
          • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

~Oh beautiful, for chiseled chin/ For amber waves of hair/ For ruffled ascot's majesty/ Below a profile fair!
            Oh, Elliot/ Oh, Elliot!/ You pretty, pretty man/ With pompadour/ You live on shore/ and work upon your tan!~

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

*spittake* I use Dreamburrows' Elliott portrait mod so that totally fits!

• ZeroMGA

ZeroMGA Industrial Terraformer

You seem to get that message once when you first talk to a former spouse after erasing their memories.

I got this after I divorced my longtime girl Leah for Abigail, followed quickly by divorcing and marrying Haley. Sadly, even though I spun off multiple saves so I could just jump between them, this ruined my enjoyment of that game. I felt bad for playing with all of them while still pining for my one true Jodi. Or because jumping ship around that easily ruins my "gotta earn it" fun.

Jaed likes this.
                • Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]

It definately is the same message with every spouse. I think it adds to the eerie feeling of the deed. When I wiped her memory, I had some second thoughts, if I should not have to live with a villager hating me because of my decisions.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
                  • MrsEvilbird

Awh okay.. I thought maybe there'd be a couple different lines from different people..

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

• jervl/kg

jervl/kg Void-Bound Voyager

Fun fact: If you divorce someone, you get an interesting comment from the Fortune Teller at the fair.

• Dancy123

Dancy123 Tentacle Wrangler

Aww - so sad...

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Oh man, the heartbreak. Literally D:

I've considered doing that as a challenge one day, marry and divorce 'em all on one save, but I don't know if I could do it. Honestly. A town full of heartbreak, doesn't sound like fun to me.
                          It is interesting to see what they all say after you divorce them though, then I don't have to do it to see it for myself!

springacres likes this.
                          • springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

I *KNOW* I couldn't. (Well, maybe to Alex...)

• KathGray

KathGray Aquatic Astronaut

I divorced Seb but I'm not really all sad about the comment because he wasn't really happy living with me, for some reason. Everyday I lost at least one entire heart with him (during the night, not like the thing where you leave objects on their path. He never gave me any angry comments or things like that), and I just couldn't stop the afinity from decaying. In the end I think he'll be happier back at his house with his two bffs...