When will Starbound be "Released"

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by hypersapien, Dec 18, 2015.

1. hypersapien

hypersapien Void-Bound Voyager

Greetings! My friends and I played Starbound together, about a year ago, and we all loved it. However, we agreed to put the game away for a while and wait for future content to be released. We didn't want to burn our selves out on the game and then miss out on the stuff that was being developed.

I've kept one eye on the development blog, and there's been tons of cool and exciting stuff added that I am eager to play with. My question is: has Chucklefish communicated any particular milestone or point at which the game will be considered "release quality" (or no longer early-access)? I understand they may continue to add content over time, I'm just trying to evaluate the best time to jump back into the game when, hopefully, the bulk of the core game has been cemented.

Second question, are there any major features being developed currently that I might want to wait for?

2. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Perhaps you should keep both eyes on the blog instead of just one. They've said multiple times that there will be two more patches; one to add the story missions, and one last polish update.

3. hypersapien

hypersapien Void-Bound Voyager

Passive aggression translator:
    They've said that there will be two more patches; one to add the story missions, and one last polish update.​

Thanks! I look forward to getting my friends back into the game, we really enjoyed it even when it was more primitive.