When is the latest you got the community center event?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThitPoulsen, May 24, 2016.

1. ThitPoulsen

ThitPoulsen Subatomic Cosmonaut

Im talking about the intial event when he unlocks the community center. its spring 26 for me right now and i STILL havent gotten the event. ive never gone this long without getting it and its bothering me x.x

is this normal or?

• bozirra

bozirra Aquatic Astronaut

Does this not happen when you walk near the community center?

• ThitPoulsen

No, ive been going there constantly after the 5th like normal and nothing is happening. all my other events happen fine, but the community center doesnt. ive had a bunch of other save files where ive gotten it in about the first week so i know how its supposed to work and even if not its supposed to trigger just by going into town on a sunny day after the 5th. which ive done like 50+ times. its really annoying.

• NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

took me about 3 weeks? Into like 22 spring

• MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

has always been within the first week for me... not sure what's up with that save? Since you're not that far in, might consider deleting it and starting over? or just keep waiting. if you know how to look at the save file itself and see where the info for that trigger is, maybe you can force trigger it? I have no clue, I'm sorry.

• Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

hmmm... even though I have only 1 file... I believe it is more than just days for trigger. Think about maybe what things you did differently in the prior files? Might help in narrow down what else needs to be done to trigger.

Thinking on maybe the initial quests. Like the towns people one or maybe the other. Getting maybe a certain level in farming, or could be visiting all you can of the map; maybe even how much forage or things learned. Could be... I am at a loss of other things, but one thing is for sure; quite possibly you hadn't done one of the triggers, and that I don't really know fully what does trigger that specific one. But yes think of what you did differently on other files in comparison to the current is best way to determine maybe what it was/is... :nuruhappy:

I would hope anyway.

Aurrelia likes this.
              • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I'm pretty sure you probably have, but just in case you havent, have you tried opening the CC? I know that I once forgot he scene had occurred and was waiting for it in the middle of Summer.

Other possibilities... Have you done the early quests? Meet almost everyone, get fishing rod, plant and grow parsnips, get the adventurer guild difference in the mine, and/or gotten to level 10? Have you shipped goods? Sold goods too Pierre? Did you somehow buy a Joja Membership?

• ThitPoulsen

ive done all the early quests already, theyre wayyy done, all ive got left on my quest list atm is https://gyazo.com/90dd7b64701a328c5942d2028e2c05ee that. deeper in the mine. and i did try looking at the save file but i cant seem to find where i would have to force trigger it or force unlock the community center. im a few days into the summer season now and its been all sunny days so far. nothings happened yet. i read on reddit and in the steam discussions some people have managed to trigger it by going into joja, talking to the dude and saying no to the joja membership, leaving town and then coming back in from the bus stop location and that would trigger it for them, but it hasnt worked for me x.x

im reaaalllyyy reluctant to start over x.x but i guess i will if i have to

• SpaceClown

SpaceClown Star Wrangler

I didn't get mine too fast but I'm sure you are fine

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Maybe contact support if you haven't started over yet? They might be able to tell you where to find the variable to change .

• ThitPoulsen

I just started over mod-free and i got the event on the 5th, and then i added all my mods back in. idk if that has anything to do with it but x.x fffss i wasnt gonna keep hoping it would happen when i was already into summer

• MoonlitBrenya

Sorry you had to start over, but glad you got it this time around. May I ask what all mods you're using? I have a few myself, but most are just aesthetics, the only serious one is the house mod, but it hasn't
                          affected any triggers so far... -bites nails and crosses fingers since she done went and said it out loud-

• ThitPoulsen

i have around just under 30 mods so it would be a long list x.x most of them are cosmetic mods as well i only have a few that arent like nosoildecay, cjb mods (cuz yes. i cheat. ive played this game vanilla and organically upgraded my tools and since ive started over a few times now, i do not have the patience for the original tools so i spawn in iridium tools and iridium sprinklers etc + i play with infinite stamina. i dont think there should be 2 fatigue "bars" (naturally passing out at 2 am AND an energy bar.. like why? smh) and the energy bar does not give enough energy for me to not go to bed at fucking 5pm) crop label mod, gift taste helper for the calendar etc. Im not sure which one did it. or if theyre even guilty of not having the event trigger because all my character events launched perfectly fine

MoonlitBrenya likes this.
                            • MoonlitBrenya

dang girl, that's a lot of mods, lol. Yeah I hear ya. I am still having fun with vanilla for the most part, but I know eventually, I am going to go all out, soon as I figure out the mods that are more difficult than drag n drop. Maybe was just a random glitch... seems like there are still a few of those in the game. -shrugs-

• ThitPoulsen

yeaah :laugh: i keep finding mods i like so its hard not to get them and a lot of them are for better function too. like i downloaded a grass mod for the farm and the town (the town is a little iffy cuz all the paths are gone now so i put in stone paths and lights everywhere which in the end actually ends up looking nicer, i just wish the color matched with the townsquare stones but no such luck) which means the worms are damn near invisible so i downloaded a mod that makes it look like dug ground instead so i can actually see them.
                                But also just random things that make my life a lil easier cuz i dont have the patience for a lot of the things in the game, for example i got an automation mod so things keep processing even if im in town and they finish, i dont have to keep going back to the farm, it handles it on its own via a chest inbetween 2 machines or 4 if you wanna do it like that, it does adjacent automation. just things that make the game a bit more enjoyable for me personally.

but yeah its possible it was just a random glitchy thing happening.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

*gives the glitchy thing a STERN LECTURE*

I usually get it around day 7, but one it was like day 18 when he finally got around to it. I'm not sure if there is a formula to when he opens the center open to you. I do know it helps to talk to Morris 2x, but that's not NEEDED because Lewis has opened it without talking to Morris at all. Maybe it has to do with Lewis and his heart level too?

• ThitPoulsen

i dont think it has to do with lewis' heart level though because on the new run i got it ON the 5th, exactly , without going out of my way to make buddy with lewis :eek: