1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

When I try to zoom in on a planet in navigation it immediately zooms me back out

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by KrissieFox, Jun 25, 2021.

1. KrissieFox

KrissieFox Void-Bound Voyager

As it says on the title, I was working on bounty hunter quests when I got to "Bounty: Sinister Piro" (I don't know if the title helps since I think this stuff might be randomly generated). The quest is on a planet called Lesath BX-1 VI. All seemed well until I approach the planets "outer orbit", where your ship waits for you to select a planet or moon to orbit. When I right click on the planet to go to it, the navigation screen zooms in on the planet and then immediately zoom back out, preventing me from landing on it. I couldn't find any other cases of this doing a search so I decided to make a thread here. The only mod I have installed is Frackin Universe. I'm using Starbound 1.4.4 Windows 64 Bit Version on a Windows 10 computer.

2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

This usually happens because the planet is "outside" the area where clicking a planet will take you there. The game thinks you are clicking on the edge to zoom out, which is usually the intention when clicking there. You can just wait for the planet to orbit around farther until it is clickable.

3. spyr020

spyr020 Void-Bound Voyager