1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed When beta will be released?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by GOKOP, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrimsonWingzz

CrimsonWingzz Pangalactic Porcupine

That can probably be done in 1-2 weeks, easily.

2. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

[​IMG]

3. NightFire

not even close lol...have you had ANY experience with coding?!?! it takes a LONG time for very simple things

(for a normal combat system ....i guessssss but for starbound.....starbound seems to want any type of combat complex...which makes the game 10x better)

4. Fishcake

Fishcake Pangalactic Porcupine

That's adorable. Time to bludgeoned it to death.

Lost in Nowhere and NightFire like this.
  5. CrimsonWingzz

CrimsonWingzz Pangalactic Porcupine

Have you seen the progress that Bart can do in about a few days?

NightFire likes this.
  6. NightFire

ik he's quick it's just i have this feeling that something will be complex about it lol (depending i mean combat could mean bullet velocity to the physics and shape of the bullet. i mean theirs always a twist to it EX sword swings could be TONSSSS more complex then terraria's one bland slash attack)

(i'm trying not to compare them a lot i'm just saying it in this instance :p)

7. Fishcake

Bart will be a hair model.

8. Aqualex

Aqualex Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm back, and I got my science machine, and my alchemy engine. I'll get a 100% accurate estimation by prototyping it, gotta get the items, brb.

9. Fishcake

Prototyping is overrated. Finding dead bodies with the tools is more efficent.

Lost in Nowhere and NightFire like this.
  10. shadowcross3

shadowcross3 Space Hobo

Hi i was wondering if i donate to this game can i play it?

11. Fishcake

You can donate, but you aren't able to play it. You can play the beta when the beta is released.

12. shadowcross3

shadowcross3 Space Hobo

13. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

Do you have any experience coding combat systems for 2D sidescroller sandbox games?

14. ZioChombo

ZioChombo Space Penguin Leader

The fact that devs start to post daily updates is mainly a favor to the community, I don't really think that this means a beta will be released soon. Certainly the pre-order gives a considerable financial boost and might speed the progression, but I guess that the team worked at their fullest from the beginning. Therfor just enjoy the fact that you are able to learn about new stuff daily and keep cool. A beta will come sooner or later, and it will be great.

15. FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame Giant Laser Beams

Also adding to the beta to remove doubt.
    You can play beta when it goes live, and still get to play the full game at launch without additional expense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.