Whats your favourite Boss of all time? / most difficult boss?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Corraidhín, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Sazanaara Eleven

Sazanaara Eleven Poptop Tamer

My favorite boss fight of all time has to be the final battle with Xemnas in Kingdom Hearts II HD Remix. It's just... so complete. It's long, but it's the end of your long fight against Organization XIII. And that reaction command where he fires all those ethereal blades at you is amazing.

As for the hardest, I could say Lingering Will from the same game, but I haven't actually beaten it. So instead, I guess I'll have to go with the Mysterious Figure from Birth By Sleep. Took me like 60 tries.

Gilligan Lanley and Corraidhín like this.
  2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Wow I just saw the fight, it looks pretty intense!

Sazanaara Eleven likes this.
  3. hOI im tEMmIE!!

hOI im tEMmIE!! Void-Bound Voyager

I'd say the most difficult boss I've fought would probably be Anima or Evrae from Final Fantasy X. I only got as far as the part where you fight evrae though. The disk got scratched up and we ended up selling our ps2 in a garage sale years later.

4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

ouch, I hated when disks got scratches on them xD so delicate! that reminds me... I spent 5 days fighting a boss in FF12, the game would let you run to continue fighting :eek: but if you died the fight would reset.... good days!

5. Flarezerker

Flarezerker Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Spoilahs, don't like don't read.

Boss from the end of chapter 2 was Queklain, The Fallen King. He has Nightmare, which costs 0 MP and causes Sleep and/or Doom/Death in an extremely wide area, has Bio 2, and I'm fairly sure he has Doom and Death by themselves. His physical attack deals tons of damage, he has plenty of Def. and Res. himself, is invulnerable to silence, and moves really far. He's a huge pain. I had to sacrifice Mustadio, which pissed me off. I was gonna make him a Ninja, learn Dual Wield, change back to his base, and give him double handguns.

Corraidhín likes this.
  6. Expax

Expax Tentacle Wrangler

My favorite (and probably hardest) boss battle of all time is Sans from Undertale.

Corraidhín likes this.
  7. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Undertale sure has some of the most badass boss fights of this decade, maybe other games will take the example and stop doing the "chip away at healthbars" like so many games do nowadays

LOL BALL and Expax like this.
  8. Flarezerker

Flarezerker Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*cough* Literally every Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem ever *cough* Must have something in my throat.

9. Literature.

Literature. Space Penguin Leader

the hardest boss ive ever fought was the Moon Lord in terraria, i had tio use a small, admin mod to kill him xD

10. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Lol, what command :p

11. Literature.

Literature. Space Penguin Leader

not a command, i used the Terrariapatcher mod, i enabled an insta kill with it

12. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

insta kill? must be an intense fight if you had to resort to that!

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Shameless self promotion:

Start the video at 4:45 unless you want to watch 4:45 of random derping to get him to spawn first.

He's really not that hard, but then I play the Melee Tanky playstyle... I imagine a ranged or magic setup would be more difficult.

Also, sorry about the bad video quality, I was streaming when I recorded this and I only have a 750kbit upload.

Corraidhín likes this.
  14. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Dunno why, but when I fought him, all he did was Sleep+Poison and run away. That's all he did was cast Nightmare over and over again. It was annoying and I barely killed him before a couple of my guys' counters reached 0.

Corraidhín likes this.
  15. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

That is one creepy motherfluffer! so that is Terraria huh? the boss design kind of reminds me of Demon Crest, interesting fight

Gilligan Lanley likes this.
  16. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

Terraria is fun game, the bosses pose a really nice challenge. ^.^

Xylia and Corraidhín like this.
  17. Expax

Expax Tentacle Wrangler

My favorite boss is now Red from Undertale RED. I beat her pacifist mode without using any healing items. The genocide mode is extremely hard although not impossible.

*shameless self promotion*

18. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

My favorite fight in terms of having fun while being mildly challenging would be the Sephiroth fight in Kingdom Hearts 2 on Proud.

Corraidhín likes this.
  19. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Kingdom hearts 2 and Terraria are names I hear a lot when it comes to bosses, I guess they are mighty fun or memorable

Gilligan Lanley likes this.
  20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

All three Hardmode Mech Bosses simultaneously without overgearing any of the fights, though at one point I get within 1 hit of dying, I barely survived because I was playing rather sloppy due to nervousness as I was streaming this live and I hate looking like an idiot, lol.

EDIT: OBS was giving me crap that day, so start 2 minutes in. I really need to learn how to edit video lol.