Whats your favourite Boss of all time? / most difficult boss?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Corraidhín, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

This is why I said they werent relevant c: if we go to that age... so many games had so many difficult bosses, this post would become a time machine of videos, memories and text walls that might shoo people away, maybe if you use spoilers... ah well

Also remember I asked about THE most fun/hardest :p as in ONE and possibly TWO like your fellow starbounders have posted

2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well, I posted 2 examples from 2 different generations? lol.

Was just making a point that there were lots and lots of awesome bosses back then.

Buuuut I suppose if you really really want something newer... uh. I'd really have to think on that. Oh. Oh.

Forgive the bad video quality, this was recorded a long time ago. This is on *EASY* but I was rusty while recording this. I can beat him on Normal but it takes a few tries.

Corraidhín likes this.
  3. Jewboymini

Jewboymini Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure if this really counts, but I used to play modded minecraft a lot (starting to get back into it), and there was this one mod (factorisation) that added these colossus enemies. They were made of blocks, but what made me love them so much was how, they moved around and crap, they would slowly move, and you needed to break certain blocks on them, because of their size, it would seem impossible without flight, except the mod maker made it so you could walk ON the boss; it was a solid object. I found it enjoyable to take them down, as they would attempt to shake you off. It was sometimes extra hard, because you had to clear off dirt and crap surrounding the block that needed to be destroyed. Thats the boss fight I enjoyed the most, because none of the crap was scripted. In other games, you don't control the movements as your character does a fancy cinematic and climbs up the boss.

The most difficult boss fight I ever experienced, would have to either be the legendary mirelurk queen in Fallout 4, or the Legendary Alpha Deathclaw. The mirelurk queen was hard as hell, because there was a bunch of mirelurk hunters around me, and I was taking carloads of damage and my power armour didn't last long. But the legendary Alpha Deathclaw, that was really scary. I was completely unprepared, no Big Boy, no Broadsider, just my rather powerful 10mm pistol. I wasn't in power armour, which made it harder. It seemed like it was supposed to be a crazy boss fight, as it was in a carpark, with the only entrance being the elevator (basically a square arena).

Corraidhín likes this.
  4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

that minecraft boss sounds like something out of Shadow of the Colossus (if you havent, check it out... its a really good game)

5. Cyber-Toast

Cyber-Toast Big Damn Hero

The hardest boss ever?
    The nightmare of Metroid Fusion (I spend almost a month of playing to beat him...)

The easiest?
    Monstro of the Binding of Isaac

Corraidhín likes this.
  6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

It took me a few tries, but I didn't think he was all That hard.... but then that's just me I suppose, lol. The one I didn't like was that stupid plant you had to fight for the Plasma Beam, the arena you fight him in is annoying if you get stuck in one of the plant pits, it's hard to get out and by the time you do, you might be missing a third of your energy....

Cyber-Toast likes this.
  7. Cyber-Toast

The plant?
    I beat it at the second try (but yeah the pits are vicious) :rofl:.
    And the spider is hard too, if it catch you, you lost 2 energy tanks and then if you don't run just at the moment you touch the ground, it catch you again. (to beat it just stay in morph ball in the right corner until it open it's mouth)

8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Man, such good times I remember from that game... sadly, my GBA started going kaput and I haven't played it in a long time. I remember the fun of doing No-Hit SA-X at the end, I had the timing down so awesome that three-quarters of the time I could beat her without getting hit, that's how much I used to play that game.

Might see if I can get it to work half decently on an emulator... I wonder what kind of mad skills I could do if I were to play it with a Playstation2 controller....

EDIT: Awww yiss, I remembered that I DID have Metroid Fusion a long time ago but never played it because of a lack of a good D-Pad controller years ago. Found it on an old HDD and I already had a GBA Emulator because a couple years ago a friend suggested I try pokemon, and it seems to work fine.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    Cyber-Toast likes this.
  9. Scarionate

Scarionate Yeah, You!

Probably going to be Nightmare from Metroid Fusion. I spent weeks trying to beat him.

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Makes me want to upload a video of me fighting him even more, lol.

11. Cyber-Toast

The game bosses are MEGA hard (not all the bosses but Nightmare and the Spider are difficult to beat the first time), but SA-X at the end is the easier boss of this game.
    When I think Adam warn you about 10times that the SA-X is more powerfull than you and when he(she?) appears you can beat him without taking damages:lolwut:

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Whether or not the SA-X is easy depends on whether or not you practiced the "Charge, Jump+Shoot, Charge while jumping" technique that was very useful on the Beam bosses' cores. Earlier Metroid Games did not allow you to charge while jumping (though Super Metroid allowed you to KEEP a charge while jumping, you couldn't charge while jumping though) and some players might not have noticed that it is actually possible to do that.

I suppose if you didn't know you were capable of doing that, the SA-X could be a lot more deadly if you didn't know that you can lock it into a repeating pattern just by doing that.

Just getting hit ONCE by that Ice Beam hits like a truck, it's like 4 energy tanks or thereabouts IIRC.

13. Cyber-Toast

Yes, he beat me a few time before I got the technique.

14. Toporonin

Toporonin Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, I love that game. Every boss fight was full of epicness, though in retrospect the fights were kinda repetitive. But the IMPRESSION!

And as for me, favourite boss fight is either Monsoon fight from MGR or Dagoth Ur from Morrowind.

And the hardest fight of all the time would be without a doubt Sega Genesis Sonic 3 zone 6 "3-in-a-row with no checkpoints" dr. Robotnik boss fights. My childhood was full of pain. even now it echoes in my mind. :rofl:

Corraidhín likes this.
  15. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ooooh Monsoon... im still fighting him for the no dmg achievemtn on Revengeance difficulty... almost got it but got hit by a delayed explosion wen he was at 40% health

16. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

[​IMG]
    Lol my favorite boss is the guy from Test Subject Complete. This game was very emotional, and I suffered from internal feels for three weeks after playing it.

Corraidhín likes this.
  17. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

the image is really small :c and wow, that must have been like getting hit by a truck of feels

The Squid likes this.
  18. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

Most favorite boss would be Mother Brain from Super Metroid. My hardest boss? Knight Artorias from Dark Souls from the DLC.

19. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

dark souls itself

20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Dark Souls.... I played up until the part where you're supposed to jump in the Abyss, just got kinda bored of the game.

There are only two bosses that I hate.... Capra Demon and O&S. Capra Demon, at least for me, is a "kill the 2 dogs or die". If you kill the 2 dogs, you can tank him all day long unless you suck or get really unlucky and you just have to wait for a specific attack and then attack him.

O&S.......... yeeeeah.

That's more in the "cheap" territory than actual difficulty.