Whats your favourite Boss of all time? / most difficult boss?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Corraidhín, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oooh is it like yoshi´s whooly world? been considering getting a Wii U and catch up on some old nintendo characters!

Ehhh IVs dont really make that much of a difference, its all down to the set up of your team and their moves!
    (it does make a difference, but its not that much)

2. maestro kitty

maestro kitty Aquatic Astronaut

I haven't actually played Wholly World, but you can play Epic Yarn on the Wii itself!

Corraidhín likes this.
  3. Mike1Bagong

Mike1Bagong Astral Cartographer

I guess Trauma Center's X missions that I fought was the most difficult boss I fought against. All it does is give viruses that I fought before machine guns to drain vitals in a few seconds.

Corraidhín likes this.
  4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Isn't that game something about medics? how does it even have machines guns o.o?

5. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Has anyone mentioned Ballos from Cave Story yet?

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

That's more a result of the ludicrously hard level before him. If it were JUST the boss, and if you could just respawn before you fight him, he wouldn't be anywhere near as hard.

But, for each TRY on him, you have to go through that ridonkulous deathtrap maze before him, which limits your ability to learn the boss when it takes try after try to get through the maze.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  7. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

I know, that level has caused me great pain for over 2 weeks now!

8. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

My most memorable was the final boss from Castle Crashers, mainly because of his magic reflection shield and my Insanely powerful fire magic.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  9. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

So many memorable bosses... in both good and bad ways lol. I think of getting Bloodborne, see what the fuss and buzz is about. I hear the bosses are pretty challenging... we will see about that!

10. Dragon_Knight02

Dragon_Knight02 Space Spelunker

For me, the most difficult boss fight I had is SHDO-TP after he use the H-source in Borderlands: The Pre-sequel! Claptastic Voyage DLC, and not in a good way. He can easily 2-hit kill you and your co-players and a huge bullet sponge, plus he has 2 form.

11. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ouch, that sounds rather unpleasant! cant say I am a big fan of bosses that take too long to kill (to the point you have to slowly scrap at their healthbars) and tend to kill you in just a blow or two. It feels cheap, boring... tedius and hardly challenging...

Dragon_Knight02 likes this.
  12. {insert_name_here}

{insert_name_here} Astral Cartographer

I was browsing through this discussion, thinking of what my favourite boss is, and I saw this:

Yep. Same with me! I can't remember it too well (at least I still have the game so I can try it out whenever I want) but I remember really liking it. Basically every boss in that game was fun and unique (even the mini-bosses). I liked how every boss had a certain group of stickers as their weaknesses, and you had to find out which ones it was (it was always satisfying to actually use the correct sticker on the boss and deal massive amounts of damage). My second-favourite from that game has got to be Bowser (the final boss).

As for most difficult boss, I'm not really sure! All of the bosses in Terraria are relatively hard, but I over-prepared for basically all of them (Golem was pretty much child's play compared to Plantera or even Skeletron Prime). I got the game at the 1.3 update in 2015 a couple years ago and I have 240 hours on it, but I still haven't fought the Moon Lord. :p

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  13. NovaJ

NovaJ Sandwich Man

The Ebder dragon am i right?JK but seriously my favorite Starbound's Bone Dragon and hardest is terraria's brain of cthulu

The Purple Dragon likes this.
  14. The Purple Dragon

I reckon the Brain was one of my easiest, the Twins though...

{insert_name_here} likes this.
  15. {insert_name_here}

{insert_name_here} Astral Cartographer

The Twins were hard, but I destroyed the Brain of Cthulhu with a Medusa Head (this was before Medusa's Head was made Hardmode-exclusive)

The Purple Dragon likes this.
  16. The Purple Dragon

Another one I hate is Ocram from console and iOS versions. Dude was jacked.

17. NovaJ

NovaJ Sandwich Man

really then again I kinda of hedrus

18. Tlactl

Tlactl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've died so many times during the moon lord that i needed to get 2 friends on and "juggle" the boss between us. There was only 1 person alive at any time

19. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Now that I'm playing Diablo 2 again I'm reminded of just how hard Duriel is. Especially on normal when you first meet him. Holy freeze aura and a stun attack are devastating. Even drinking tons of thawing potions doesn't save you completely.

20. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

In the nightly beta for Starbound 1.0 the Heart of Ruin had more health, his little tentacle monsters had more health, the monsters spawned in greater quantities, and he would summon other monsters with higher levels and in greater qualities. I would not say it is the hardest fight I have played before (I beat it in my first try), but it was certainly a very exciting battle that I think back on fondly. I had to wait about two or three weeks for the developers to add that very last mission.I was thinking about increasing the stats of all of the monsters in that fight, so that I could have that kind of fun again.

Waffle-Chan likes this.