Whats your favourite Boss of all time? / most difficult boss?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Corraidhín, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Davoraptor

Davoraptor Tentacle Wrangler

Striders at the end of Half-Life 2 Episode 2 aren't really hard, but they're really fun to fight

Oh hey, a new page

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  2. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

[​IMG]

The battle against a being who practically rose to God-hood, and actually destroyed the world. Were it not for a few good comrades who found each other after the world's end, this mad man might never have been stopped. A boss battle from the depths of nostalgia ^_^

I'd also have to recognize the battle against Lord Jabu Jabu from Ocarina of Time. It was one of the first tactical fights that threw me for such a loop as a kid, that I didn't know how to beat it for weeks until a friend told me lol >_<

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  3. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

So uhh... whos that guy? he looks mighty impressive allright, but ho-dinky-di! Im afraid I dont recognize him whatsoever!

4. AmazonValkyrie

Kefka Palazzo from Final Fantasy VI ^_^ His end boss form

5. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oooh I ve heard of him before... sure looks like a fancy fight all right! hmm... how do you fit that boss on one screen though?

6. AmazonValkyrie

You fight the boss in portions and progress to the top ^_^

Arnust and Corraidhín like this.
  7. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

When it comes to trying to pick one boss out of hundreds, many games come to mind, but few stand out as much as Monster Hunter, where every fight is literally a boss battle.

Favorite MH Boss Monster: Nargacuga. A black cat/bat/dinosaur thing with glowing red eyes. He will fight you by jumping, slashing, and hurling blades at you, and then fades into the night. He also sleeps in trees, which is... admittedly way too cute for something so vicious. He's like a sleepy ninja. :3 Still, a fun and challenging fight, and very rewarding (as some of his weapons rank amongst the highest in the end-game scene). Plus the armor makes you look like a ninja, too! :O

Werty9 and Corraidhín like this.
  8. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oh yeah, I love the Silverwind set from Meownster Hunter X. The fight made so many randoms quit while I was trying to complete it <w<

Hidari likes this.
  9. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

Oh, man. Trying to find people even willing to entertain the thought of fighting a Deviant is a trial in and of itself, to the point where I actually started solo farming them.

Managed to KO Dreadqueen Rathian by myself, using a Gunlance, and after having forgotten to bring antidotes. It was... really rough. T-T

Corraidhín likes this.
  10. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Man, i have some new favorite bosses.
    Wheatly in portal 2 and Sho Minamimoto (taboo form) in The World Ends With You

11. moremuffin

moremuffin Cosmic Narwhal

Probably a tie between these two ...

Admittedly at least in part due to the music for both of them.

In terms of difficulty though, definitely Lingering Will. Daimon's really not that hard once you get a handle on how he acts.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    LOL BALL likes this.
  12. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Phew, I think the hardest boss I ever got to fight was Omega in his final form, in Megaman Zero 3
    Ironically, tho, from his three different forms, this one was the simpler to fight, due to the arena layout, but man do my ass still hurts from hat fight :wut:

Corraidhín likes this.
  13. Megumin

Megumin Guest

Dungeon Guardian from Terraria please

14. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

The dungeon guardian isn't even a boss, it simply is an entity designed to keep you out of the dungeon before defeating Skeletron.

15. Megumin

Megumin Guest

waait, did you said ground control? first part was my fav game

16. Starfeather

Starfeather Phantasmal Quasar

Favourite Boss - Magma Dragoon from MegaMan X4. If you play as X he's not that hard, because he's most dangerous up-close. With Zero however it becomes a deadly dance of flames, plasma blade strikes and a real test of reflexes if you're going for no weapons, no ridearmor, no upgrades, no damage. Always fun to try and do it.

Hardest Boss - Extreme Mode MoonLord from Terraria. I can't even imagine how to beat him with no Nurse to quick-heal you. Than again, I refuse to fight with an arena, so yeah, I technically could make him a bit easier.

Corraidhín and Firebird Zoom like this.
  17. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ooooh never tried challenging myself back then, I should try it sometime! sure sounds like a very fun and hard fight as Zero!

18. Werty9

Werty9 Seal Broken

Oh, yes, as for me it was also very challenging!

19. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

The Rebel Flaghsip from FTL is one tough sonofagun. You can be OP as much as possible, but if you get distracted and stop micronmanaging shit hits te fan real fast. Not killed the crew? There's a party going on right 'ere in your ship! Hacked your Hacking? Bad news for you if you cab't go through Lvl 4 Shields. Satisfying AF tho

20. maestro kitty

maestro kitty Aquatic Astronaut

While not particularly challenging, I think Squashini of Kirby's Epic Yarn fame gave me the most enjoyable fight. He literally used magic tricks to fight (decided via slot machine), and they were all really entertaining (one of his attacks was literally strapping you to a bomb).

My hardest boss battle would have to be fighting Cynthia in Pokemon Diamond. Damn her and her Pokemons' perfect IVs...

Corraidhín likes this.