1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What's Your Favorite Weapon Combination?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Will Liferider, Jun 9, 2015.

?

What's Your Favorite Weapon Combination?

1. One handed melee weapon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dual one handed melee weapons

5.6%
  3. One handed melee weapon with shield

25.0%
  4. Two handed melee weapon

22.2%
  5. One handed gun

5.6%
  6. Dual one handed guns

11.1%
  7. One handed gun with shield

8.3%
  8. Two handed gun

11.1%
  9. Staff

2.8%
  10. Other

8.3%
  1. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

I'm curious what people like to use, so leave your votes here and discuss in the comments!

2. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Something that shoots and kills things quickly. That won't harm me.

3. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Tu mi it reely stephands an dee da mage outpoot, dee wepan ass tu bee aple tu beet dee mabs relateevli fat so I and app witching tu weather wepan dos dee jab dee fatest.

At dee momont I enchoy usi è powerfulè shogan dee mostè tough. So vouting odder four now.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  4. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I usually use a pistol or other one-handed gun or an Axe.

5. zBound

zBound Starship Captain

I usually use a gun and a flashlight...

6. 1nfinitezer0

1nfinitezer0 Cosmic Narwhal

Grenade launchers for the win! Other hand usually grappling hook or flashlight.

7. TheFudgement

TheFudgement Ketchup Robot

I wish there was one-handed shotguns (Like, sawed-off or just shorter), so I could use one with a shield.

8. Kattanos

Kattanos Pangalactic Porcupine

1H weapons are highly preferred over 2H so I can block what I can't dodge.. It also makes bosses MUCH easier.. I just need to find a decent 1H gun.. =/

9. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Are you willing to use mods?

*prepares to make (potentially vanilla-compatible?) 1-h shotguns with half baseDps for balance*

zBound likes this.
  10. zBound

zBound Starship Captain

Wow someone that doesn't want an over powered mod (gets on creative mode and spawns overpowered gun)

11. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

I hate overpowered mods. :/

I mean, I nerfed my arm cannons twice because they were just too bloody powerful, and I want to make the charge shots cost more because it's kinda strong to be able to hit so hard for minimal energy cost.. But it just isn't possible right now.

Back to shotguns, working on the hand shotguns now, almost ready. They have the same damage as pistols and are one-handed, otherwise they're the same as 2-hand ones.

One weird thing though, uncommon plasma shotguns (and only this one specific type of shotgun) have 0.5 to 2.0 attack speed. All other shotguns have 0.5 to 4.0 attack speed. This means uncommonplasmashotgun is more often the most damage per shot of all types of shotguns, in vanilla. Weird.

zBound likes this.
  12. zBound

zBound Starship Captain

I only use op mods because i try to focus on building, but after I've got a base structure I just build turrets... :rofl:

13. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Nearing completion. I'm in the process of shortening all of the vanilla shotgun sprite-parts. And they're going to be called "Hand Shotgun" or "Plasma Hand Shotgun".

Using vanilla namegen and ammo types. Just gotta finish sprite-work and setup the mod files and common treasurepools, and we're set.

Aside from changing from 2-hand to 1-hand, and lowering damage to pistol levels, they're the same as full size shotguns, but stubby. So far they look good.

Edit 1: Okay, everything is working except the spread doesn't happen for no reason whatsoever. Trying to figure it out. All I changed in the copied generatedgun files are damage, and made them 1 handed. It makes no sense but the spread just isn't happening.
    Code:
    { "edit" : 2,
       "explanation" : "It is impossible to make custom shotguns currently, a workaround is to make custom projectiles, I don't have the time for that right now.",
       "irritation" : [3, 8]
    }

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  14. TheVictorian707

TheVictorian707 Void-Bound Voyager

For me, I use 3 weapon types. First is any strong 2-handed weapon I get (Apex Violum 2-Handed right now). Second is a 2-handed range (Over-Powered sniper my friend died 7 times for). And third is a 1-handed pistol with a shield or flashlight (Using pistol that shoots a plasma ball that explodes after a while, and a tier x Roman shield).

15. Marcos Brinigh

Marcos Brinigh Void-Bound Voyager

I use 2 revolver. because they are awesome

MarcosSB1.png

16. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

sword and shield let me parry, I luv timing for parried things ok. If a person rush in trying shoot or laze me in boss room, it is best thing for me to do to parried.

17. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

Where did you find those wings? They're awesome

18. nukenach

nukenach Void-Bound Voyager

For mobs I use two daggers but then if I face other armored npc's I use a huge two handed axe or rocket launcher

19. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Usually 2-handed guns. Specially Assault Rifles, Shotguns (If they can shoot at least once per second) and Rocket Launchers.

20. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Crossbow, 2-handed sword, 1-handed weapon with shield, and anything i find amusing or just flat out like.:)