Modding Help whats wrong with my headwear?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Cootaloo, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Cootaloo

Cootaloo Poptop Tamer

cans
    Can someone please tell me what I've done wrong? whenever I load up the game the icon works but not the atual headwear. The headwear is always invisible someone please help?
    upload_2018-8-8_20-50-58.png
    upload_2018-8-8_20-51-17.png
    Heres some pictures, please tell me what I've done wrong.

2. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

Check your log file. Its called starbound (no numbers)
    Starbound/storage

You can paste it here using the code tag.

3. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

just looking at your pictures you posted.... your demonhorn.png is solid black..which means its empty

4. DrPvtSkittles

I thought that at first, but if you zoom in
    [​IMG]

5. Cootaloo

Cootaloo Poptop Tamer

[13:28:35.297] [Error] Cannot set Steam achievement kill10poptops
    [13:28:39.311] [Error] Could not load image asset '/items/armors/demon/demon-horns/demonhorn.png:normal', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/armors/demon/demon-horns/demonhorn.png' while resolving image frame '/items/armors/demon/demon-horns/demonhorn.png:normal'

this is the error I could find when looking through the starboud log. Whats causing this?

6. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

there is no frames file for your png. I think all you need to do is rename it to head.png , which follows the vanilla naming system
    if you do not follow the vanilla naming/folder system, you have to create your own frames files.

When looking for a frames file for armor (not sure if this applies to other stuff) the games looks backwards in folders for the frames file. If you look in your /items/armors folder , you will notice there is frame files for chest, head, pants, etc. All the armor uses these frames by default, because all the armors png files are named the same, head.png, chest.png, pants.png , etc.

7. Cootaloo

Cootaloo Poptop Tamer

The problems been fixed. Thanks so much

DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  8. Cootaloo

Cootaloo Poptop Tamer

So, one more thing. For the demon horns, since I want one of the horns to be coming out from behind the head, is there any way to adapt this kind of thing for multiple hair styles?

9. DrPvtSkittles

You cooooooooooould cheat and make the hat the single front horn, and a back item that is the partially hidden horn.