1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the worst thing you've done in Starbound?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by The Squid, Dec 1, 2015.

1. AaronFlint

AaronFlint Void-Bound Voyager

Yesterday I was on a desert planet, which had a small village near some healing water pools. I stole all the water.

2. Masich

Masich Subatomic Cosmonaut

On one of my worlds, I lived in harmony beside an Avian village...until I got tired of them clogging up my land, so I burned down their town with Molotov cocktails and grenades, and slaughtered the villagers. Later I came in and bulldozed all their buildings down and used their materials to build a statue of myself.

The Squid likes this.
  3. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

I played on an rp server and used modding magic to get an adult pop top Pokeball. While another person was afk and noclipping into the floor, I threw the pokeball down on them. The poptop was stuck in the ground behind the female character and tried to play its walking animation.
    To everyone else, it looked like the Poptop was humping her aggressively for 20 minutes until I killed it with fireworks.

Another thing I did, (Not that terrible) was go up to a naked blue nova kid and go:
    "Hey, did you know Novakids are deathly allergic to coconut milk? If they so much as touch it their breasts fall off."

Then I threw the coconut milk at her and spawned two of the glowy round blue mobs in the update, while screaming:
    "THE BOOBS HAVE GAINED SENTIENCE EVERYONE RUN"

[​IMG]

4. Macoroni Salad

Macoroni Salad Space Hobo

noob lol i created a massive underground city of apex humans and hylotl with about 120 colonists, then i changed the water to lava with a terraformer and broke a single panel of glass. it took about 20 minutes for all of them to die because some of them still believed they had some kind of hope left. lol they didnt

5. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Testing fall damage in a hardcore character...I didn't calculate it properly...(now only playing in survival)

6. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Back when I started the game when I found my first village I kept stealing all the furnitures ( I didn't knew about the printer yet) and the florans didn't liked it, they killed me and wouldn't let me get close from their village.

So I digged tunnels under their house and throw lava in their houses. I got rid of the entire village like that.
    That wasn't really worth it but hey I was a noob.

7. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

When I was the most dreadful and merciless space pirate in Starbound. I brought fears in to the universe (worst than the Dreadwing).

I looted all temples and villages I stumbled upon. I took all their furnitures and resources (and even their doors). I massacred all its inhabitant (just the guards, actually. I locked the civilian inside their own houses with dirt). I enslaved a group of mooshi and floofalo of all kind to produce goods for me (hehehe, LOL).

And finally, the worst I thing I have done,. The worst of the worst, but not least. Prepare your guts before you take a peek the spoiler below:
    I never feed my pet cat.

Muahahaha! Hahaha... *cought* hahaha...

But, I decide to retire, and become a space adventurer.

The Squid likes this.
  8. The Avelon

The Avelon Phantasmal Quasar

The first time I played Starbound, it was with a buddy of mine who hosted a server for us and one other friend. I'm not much of an artist and that translates to me not being much of a builder, but I am a big fan of circuitry, so I build some rather complex wiring systems sometimes.

I had a storage facility planetside on a Toxic planet, and I was curious if NPCs had any concept of consequences. I made a trap that would cause the room to be flooded with poison if my tenant merchant NPC opened the door and left his room. He never did, but when I disconnected the poison he would.

Excited, I set up a different variant of the trap: in a chamber below, made out of ice, I put all of the pastel set and summoned a tenant. His name was Brent.

I rigged the merchant NPC's door to drop poison into Brent's room.

I have never seen an NPC make the happy face and toggle a switch so hard In all my days of Starbound. He tortured Brent, because the drains in Brent's room would engage once the NPC's door was closed (on a timer). It was never enough to kill him, but the merchant would stand next to that console and trigger it as often as NPC behaviors allow (I know because I checked to see what the limit was for repeating an interaction in vanilla assets). In fact, the merchant didn't do anything else.

I never dismantled that trap. I just chuckled whenever I beamed down to store some stuff and heard the click-whoosh-argh noises.

9. Corleone

Corleone Subatomic Cosmonaut

One of my characters is a dual sword wielding Hylotl Ninja who has made it his purpose to revive an extinct ancient Hylotl Death Cult which existed long before the Floran war (Headcanon).
    I have built him a Ninja Temple on a Dark World with initiates and everything.
    Anyway his purpose is to kill off and destroy every Floran village he comes by.

I have lost count of how many Florans I butchered..

"They fall like weed before my blade!!!"

10. TheMrAdam

TheMrAdam Astral Cartographer

I installed some sexbound mods(nope)

The Squid likes this.
  11. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

The conquest of slootifying Starbound begins...(it's an mxr joke)

12. Maethendias

Maethendias Phantasmal Quasar

start a massive asteroid base project like half a year before the new space update -.-

The Squid likes this.