What's the most cruel thing you've ever done in a video game?

Discussion in 'Games' started by adimetro11, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Does it count as a "cruel thing" when it is done against another player? I have pulled more than a few sneaky tricks on some other players in Splatoon. Two of my favorites are;

Using rollers near edges so that players unwittingly climb right into my roller. Player starts climbing the wall, I am standing there at the top with my roller down, player hits my roller and gets splatted, I laugh.

(I am not certain if this qualifies as "cruel thing" but I generally get a similar feeling of satisfaction from this.)
    Furiously attacking players who are taunting at a defeated ally of mine (I can not count the number of times I have done this one.) "Avenging" my teammate is good; but I just enjoy the satisfaction of splatting that player in his "Moment of Triumph" way more. What I find really amusing about this is that I have been sloppy about approaching them on one or two occasions, but they are so absorbed in their gloating that they fail to notice me before it is too late.

I may enjoy fighting dirty sometimes but I, myself, never taunt it. Having gotten them is a taunt enough in my opinion.

2. Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Lorekeeper of Wyverns Void-Bound Voyager

While I'd normally say kind of, in that case, I'd say it's more their fault. I'm not sure how close you are to the ledge, but I'm just kind of surprised they don't notice you there. Though I'll hand it to you, that is a pretty smart trick. Can't blame you for attacking the squidbaggers, though. It's frustrating.

As for cruel things I've done myself, there aren't a lot I can think of, but still...

-Seeing as we're talking about Splatoon (2, to be specific), I like to use the Heavy Splatling Deco when Arowana Mall shows up in the rotation purely because of the Bubble Blower. I usually flank, and as I get to the centre when I have my special, I'll use it there. Nobody realises it's being used until I've popped the bubbled and splatted them. So I take advantage of that as much as I can. It works in other maps- I managed to basically eliminate the entire other team with it when I used it in Musselforge Fitness- but it works best on Arowana. It's the sneak attack no-one expects, so the one that works the best.

-In the original, I basically used one of my teammates as an unknowing distraction so I could sneak past a charger on Camp Triggerfish and get into the opponent's base. And then to make matters worse for that charger, I took up a position on a higher ledge and splatted her. And when they respawned, because I was using a Mini Splatling, I whipped out the Inkzooka when she respawned and splatted them again. Though to be fair, it wasn't meant for her, but the entire team. I felt a little bad both for doing that, but eh.

-In Skyrim, killed a fair number of NPCs simply for annoying me, even as my so-called 'good' characters. Though for them, it's usually in werewolf form. My worst was when I went for Revyn Sadri because I thought he sent hired thugs after my thieving dark elf character. It wasn't him. It was actually Moira.

-In Death Road to Canada, I used one of my companions as a meat shield so I could make a final push to the border alone. Though I quickly got killed by zombies myself and failed the run a few seconds from victory.

-Also in Death Road to Canada, threw out members of my party because they were low on health to make way for familiar characters with full health. To be fair, it's a valid strategy, I think, as both times I've used it, I've basically gotten to the end (though not won), and it ensures that I have a healthy party from that point on. However, I will do it no matter who a character is and how useful they are.

3. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I rarely do cruel things in a video games. But I am a human, so it is impossible to not do something cruel in a video games.

So here's the list of what cruel thing I have done in a video games:

- In Minecraft I commit a genocide against the Villager kind. I murder hundreds of Villagers, I sack dozens of village just for their wood, I also killed thousands of chickens, cows, and pigs. Finally I prank and trap my friend to death for many times.

- In Starbound I accidentally killed the whole inhabitant of a settlement. I killed dozens of innocent animals (because they are ruining my builds). Finally, I order my brother to go down the lava ocean with his mech (it didn't end really well, I just want to know what happen, a.k.a experimenting, I realize it was dumb).

I guess that's all in my mind right now (I believe there is more).

4. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Those Villagers are clearly up to something, with their constant "Hmms" and "Haws". And then there was the villager rebellion of 2014! It is obvious that they are the villains.

I took this one video recently where I managed to get a player with the roller trick, I will look into getting that later. The trick is timing, you have to surprise them.

The Purple Dragon likes this.
  5. Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Lorekeeper of Wyverns Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, all right. Sorry, was just kind of wondering. Seems like a pretty good strategy, though.

6. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

I was not afraid you were doubting me. It is that I enjoy sharing little various little tricks and the like with others.

I am not sure why I did not think of this earlier when I first posted; Skyrim. Whenever I did a quest for the Dawnguard, the ones where you would have to hunt a vampire hiding among people, I would usually transform into a Werewolf, wander into town, kill the vampire, and leave. Spooking the townsfolk every time I needed to hunt a Vampire, all so that I could earn some gold and an enchanted weapon.

7. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

In Shadow of War, if I ever brand a worm in front of a ledge, I throw him off. It started out as just accidents, then I grew malicious.

I have a killing room in Terraria, which is a pit of lava, one second timers, and every enemy spawning statue I could find. Basically it would spawn a bunch of enemies directly into the shallow lava, killing them but leaving their loot unharmed.

8. Daikon Ocelot

In Age of Empires III, I annihilate my opponent with "Great Bombard" mercilessly when I was playing multiplayer (I play as the Ottomans by the way). I blow all of their settlers, soldiers, and buildings without leaving anything standing. My little brother was one of the victim that day. It was horrible (not by the massacred that I have done, but because my little brother unleashes his anger upon me).

9. PseudoGold

PseudoGold Pangalactic Porcupine

In Tropico 4 I had a tendency to rule with an iron fist. Most of the time I saw nothing wrong with making the island into an industrial hellhole where people were essentially worked to death, putting the death penalty on all criminals and then genociding everyone who wasn't a native Tropican.

But hey, at least they had gay marriage, free housing and so much food that marketplaces had skyscrapers worth of stuff stockpiled.

10. FoxDE2

FoxDE2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In Road Rash 3, I kicked an opponent's motorcycle directly into oncoming traffic :p

Outside of that, I'd say the cruelest thing I ever did was Sim City 2000 after I built a flourishing city, I sent the giant robot to destroy the entire city multiple times.

11. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Did you ever shoot down the helicopters? That was fun.

12. Jim Witness

Jim Witness Subatomic Cosmonaut

I perform the worst imaginable act in the Dungeon Master series quite routinely: performing a TPK on my team, either by closing a door on them (ouch), or the fireball-to-the-wall-at-point-blank-range (more ouch) technique.
    In short, I doom the inhabitants of Viborg (DM1) / Zalk (DM2) to hell on earth.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  13. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

I believe the most cruel thing I have ever done in a video game was in Stellaris. I was commanding my empire of overly bureaucratic species of plants, when one day in my golden age a rock told me to genetically change my entire species to its design, and of course I obliged. It turned out that the rocks design was utterly hideous, so I spent an enormous amount of time trying to return most of my species back to their original state. I then used the rest of the rock's version as a slave race.
    A few in-game years later and a black hole starts sending love poems to some of my citizens, so of course I did the most civil thing I could think of and put them on a spaceship and sent them through it. They were never heard from again.
    20171109204527_1.jpg

14. Daikon Ocelot

Poor rock-like people, even though they are just a rock.

15. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

I should've clarified that it wasn't a people, but a sentient asteroid.

16. DragonZombie

DragonZombie Pangalactic Porcupine

Heres what i did in skyrim:
    After getting 100% achievements on steam, i decided to go on full genocide and kill everyone i could find, even in caves, ruins, cities, everywhere.
    I used console commands and a handful of mods to make everyone killable, even essentials, children and protected npcs.
    Once i was done with all this, i spawned a lot of dragons using both console commands and the creation kit.

Alduin would be proud.

17. Hentasie

Hentasie Void-Bound Voyager

In Starbound, I killed Chicks and Chickens to make more room...I ate chicks too...I destroyed my ship and made all of my colonists go.. Now my ship runs on depression! :nuruevil:

18. Chir

Chir Pangalactic Porcupine

Just like me.

19. Hentasie

Hentasie Void-Bound Voyager

High five, dude.

20. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

In Saints Row IV, I call my gang to guard me when I go shopping. Who ever survives gets a raise. And a black hole to the face.