What's the most cruel thing you've ever done in a video game?

Discussion in 'Games' started by adimetro11, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Mistwood

Mistwood Void-Bound Voyager

There are games that allows, or even encourage you to do evil things without a second thought (sometime because its realistic in its contexts, others because the game is so ridiculous to begin with), others, you would feel bad for what you have done.

In GTA: I've drove over, sometimes repeatedly, countless pedestrian just to see how they far and high they would fly, I lost count of how many castration-by-blunt-force-trauma I've caused in Saint Row 4 (yes, a upward crotch punch by a person with super human power is a routine thing in that game), I've exterminated several sentient alien species by rounding them up and systematically "purge" their population until they go extinct, over a year long period, while they demand that you stop, and in Fallout and Skyrim, well, bad things often happens to good people... especially when they have something valuable.

But none of these would match the amount of violent depravities in the medieval history simulator/grand strategy game, Crusader King (II). I'm fairly certain I'd get banned if I mention what goes on routinely in that game, or even link the particular thread pertaining the aforementioned depravities. Worse yet, they are all based on actual events or persons between 700ad - 1400ad from Iceland to India, the Canary Island off the Coast of Morocco to Mongolia, and you, more often than not, exact those violence towards your family members, enemies, and perfect strangers alike. It's a dark dark, but so much fun game.

2. LuckyRare

LuckyRare Phantasmal Quasar

There's that achievement named Fratricide in Portal too... All kinds of theories about it.

3. OCracks

OCracks Aquatic Astronaut

I was playing Minecraft with a friend, we were building a house in creative mode. In boredom I cleverly placed, on the other side of a wall, an Ender Dragon Head on top of a fence post. I honestly didn't think it would work and forgot about it until my friend found it. He chased me around with the Ender Dragon on his head while I was laughing my face off. I never regretted it :rofl:

Unclever title and Lodish like this.
  4. Avian Village Guard

Avian Village Guard Void-Bound Voyager

Hmm... Well, maybe this one is a little bad.

In Stellaris, I saw a civilization that was within the medieval era of its planet's time. Problame was, it was out of my borders and within my good ally's border, the peaceful religious peeps that they are.

So, naturally, I started a war with my allies, took over all their planets, enslaved every pop that wasn't my race, forced them to convert to my religion, then I turned my attention to the pre-space age civilization. I violently observed them, probed them, then used my advance technology to imitate their appearance, killed an replaced their world leaders and brought them under my banner, and caused mass extermination against every single alien I took over.

5. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Turning a Hylotl settlement into Rapture, razing an apex town to the ground (Though they were loyal to the Miniknog), crashing someone's GMod server by spawning ALL the cluster bombs.
    Not sure if it's sadistic when it's against an AI, but in Red Alert 2: YR I made a giant wall of Grand Cannons.
    [​IMG]

6. GlebPro2004

GlebPro2004 Space Hobo

Thrown Pigs over cliffs in Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD. They were also fat. Really fat.

Unclever title likes this.
  7. DragonZombie

DragonZombie Pangalactic Porcupine

I used to become allies with every alien on spore, then i would destroy their homeworlds completely or make them unhabitable
    I don't remember, i think it was a giant missile that destroyed whole planets?

8. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Back in Fallout: New Vegas I'd wipe out every Legion troop and collect their helmets. I had a pyramid of Legion helms taking up an entire room of the Lucky 38, to the point that it was making loading absurdly long. Shame the collisions were a little off, or I would have built them into a mural. It started off as a sick trophy room, too!

Otherwise I tend to be "overly nice" until provoked. I feel there's no need to show mercy after that though, I'd given a fair warning!

777JackOfBlades likes this.
  9. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

My favored tactic in FTL is to mind control the most powerful enemy crewman into killing all his buddies, then hacking the oxygen system and watching him slowly suffocate to death.

10. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

I tried to do a genocide route in Undertale for the sake of doing it, but found myself losing motivation for it about halfway because it's super grindy and the atmosphere's terribly gloomy.
    The Undying would've kicked my ass anyways, so. Whatever. :')

I've befriended civilizations only to smash them to pieces later in Civ5, I've robbed people blind before killing them and nibbling on their remains in Skyrim.. to be fair, I rarely do "mean" things for the sake of my own entertainment unless it's truly satisfying. Like killing that one preacher in Whiterun that never shuts up, that is always satisfying.

I'm just not terribly good at being mean for the sake of being mean in video games.
    If there's benefit to me involved or if it's to fit the character I'm playing, then maybe, but I'm still pretty bad at it!

11. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

I'm sure there was a thread like this a long time ago, I remember posting in it. I'll just repeat what I said there.

I saw a Glitch castle get blasted by Meteors.

And I just stood there... watching...

... and laughing...

Lodish likes this.
  12. DragonZombie

DragonZombie Pangalactic Porcupine

Best thing ive seen

Lodish likes this.
  13. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's not bad,this isn't even relatively mean.

14. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Murdering the entire population of Detroit including guards hobos,hookers and punks,definetely the punks for almost no reward in deus ex

15. KRANOT

KRANOT Big Damn Hero

tfw my sole purpos ins sims besides building houses still is only killing sims in all manners

16. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

"What's that? I'm mistreating my child? You want to take him away from me? Okay."
    *build ALL the hedges*
    *put people in the swimming pool and remove the ladder*
    *build a wall that would make Trump jealous proud*

17. KRANOT

KRANOT Big Damn Hero

mah nigga

Parrotte likes this.
  18. OCracks

OCracks Aquatic Astronaut

I was playing Tri Force Heroes with two friends. We were in a minecart being chased by moblins in another cart, and they were throwing bombs at us. One of my friends kept yelling at me to clear it out, so in panic, I threw the bomb at him. Since we all shared lives and the person who last loses the heart is the one that shows up in the death screen, I cried out his name while laughing, the other friend is laughing his ass off, and the friend who died glared murderously at me.
    I regret nothing.

19. Brycen

Brycen Phantasmal Quasar

Its the most recent thing i did. I wiped out like 5 cities in starbound to get the items for building. Over 50 innocent people slain.

20. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Ooh... The worst thing lately I did was in Star Conflict....I had a little Cloak Fighter, and I just kept slamming into people while invisible, killing them every now and again

Firebird Zoom likes this.