What's the most cruel thing you've ever done in a video game?

Discussion in 'Games' started by adimetro11, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Nobody thinks dropping the voodoo doll of the guide into a lava pit in hell to spawn the wall of flesh is cruel?

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Guilty of said crime. I feel bad. Even though he re spawns in 5 minutes with another name anyway. He never sees it coming.

2. Katkill

Katkill Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1. The Sims 3. I seduced and convinced every neighbor to join my family, then I sold their property and locked them up in a dungeon. They all ended up in tiny cells with no beds or toilets, most of them starved to death because I was too lazy to give them food. The Sims 3: Darkest Dungeon Edition.
    2. Rome Total War/Medieval 2 with mods. Creating massive armies consisting of the most basic units. 5 full armies just to take one city with few infantry groups. It actually worked. More than half of the entire continent got wiped out, but at least I never had any problems with overpopulation.

3. Rocktalon

Rocktalon Void-Bound Voyager

In Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic II, I used a force mind trick to make a guy willingly jump off a cliff.

4. Chris1488

Chris1488 Phantasmal Quasar

In Animal Crossing, I used to torture the hell out of the villagers I didn't want (push em into pitfalls, smack em with bug nets, and being a general nuisance). Until finally, a month later, they would announce their leave as I lay down my controller and did a little dance.
    New Villager moves in, Rinse and Repeat.

5. Sgt.fox170

Sgt.fox170 Existential Complex

When I start playing TF2, when there is a Gibus f2p newbies, I tend to go pyro and air-blast them off cliffs, until they rage quit. sometimes a do some dances like the kaztosky kick or the laughing taunt. or When i'm playing as the soldier, i usually market garden them with the rocket jumper or, I rocket juggle them to death.

Know something scary I still do the air blasting people of cliffs, and the juggling that's just a little hobby of mine. :3

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  6. orionlowhasjoined

orionlowhasjoined Aquatic Astronaut

i kill the guide in terraria countless times and kill burned people in starbound and bleww up a bunny

7. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

So I was playing Warframe last week, and we had someone who I only can call a moron out of charity.

He was an MR 10 newb with an artificially-inflated Mastery Rank, ran into packs of enemies on squishy warframes and died, and was totally oblivious to all forms of reason. On spy missions, he insisted on running into the vault rooms and setting off the alarms, even when we had a Loki (me, in fact) who could stealth the vault chambers flawlessly and get extra rewards for it. On rescue missions, he insisted on attacking Wardens with his weak guns when they're SPECIFICALLY vulnerable to stealth finishers, which will usually instantly kill them.

So we start up a Moon Survival mission, this guy and I, and I switch over to Inaros. I figure, "he can't really screw this up, it's literally just shooting dudes and staying alive." He brings an underlevelled Snowglobe frost and the Dera, arguably the worst assault rifle in the game. Then he deliberately screws with his connection so that he takes a solid ten minutes to load in, and then is like, "I trolled u, u hve been trolled, get rekt."

So I'm thinking to myself, "Karma is a pain, my friend, and you are about to find out why."

See, during the time I spent waiting for him to load in, a group of New Loka assassins teleported in, but they couldn't spawn because we hadn't actually started the mission. Once we did, they came from behind us and murdered the other guy in seconds. I didn't bother to revive him, and simply killed the assassins one by one. I told him, "That is your idiot tax." I intended to leave it there. But he decides to swear at me.

The mission begins in earnest, and I start playing seriously, killing dudes and not dying because my Inaros is built to tank. This guy jumps around like an idiot and promptly gets killed. I tried to revive him, but he crawled out from under me while bleeding out and interrupted the revive. I told him, "Okay, that one is all your fault for dodging the revive." He swears at me again.

He proceeds to die a third time (and you get four revives - being revived by an ally doesn't count against your stock), and I don't bother to revive him. Instead, I move ahead and leave that entire room of guys to smack him around. In the next room is an Endurance Test - a trap where you get a rare mod if you can survive a battery of continuous beam lasers being poured on you. I told him, "Hey, stand on this button." He does, and immediately dies to the lasers, I don't revive him.

So he's used four revives at this point. His next death, unless revived by me, will count him out of the mission and prevent him from getting any rewards.

I start running ahead. Air supply is getting low, and I have a plan.

Naturally I leave him with all the enemies. The air supply runs out, and we start taking constant damage from lack of air. Being that I am Inaros and have thousands of hit points, I just hold my breath and keep running. Him being on a squishy underprepared Frost, he does what he always does - dies. Not to the enemies, not to the lack of air, but because he took the Endurance Test again. Way to learn from your first failure, kiddo.

By this time, I've reached the extraction point and have started the countdown for auto-extraction.

So he's bleeding out and has used four revives. Unless the mission completes or he's revived by me, he WILL be kicked out of the mission and get no rewards. I am standing on the extraction point, holding my breath, waiting for the timer. It's a race between the Extraction Timer and this idiot's Bleedout Timer. Meanwhile, he's swearing at me to get back and revive him before he 'fails because of me.' I simply tell him, "I'm at extraction. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't get back to you in time." It was the truth.

He's screaming at me at this point, ALL CAPS and PUR GREMAR and LOL TXTSPK. I'm simply waiting serenely on the extraction point, watching the timers.

The extraction timer wins by a fraction of a second. Mission is complete.

So we get back to our ships, and he begins screaming at me as to why I didn't revive him, and why I cut the end of that mission so close. I simply said, "I have trolled you. You have been trolled. Get wrecked." And left the squad.

He blocked me, I blocked him. Nothing of value was lost.

8. Falcon Blue-Sky

Falcon Blue-Sky Void-Bound Voyager

I killed a whole bunch of NPCs on starbound, I did genoside route on Undertale, I kill A LOT of bunnies on Terraria and a lot more stuff I can't be bothered listing.

Sorry for the short list,
    Falcon

9. Omegagreen

Omegagreen Starship Captain

Leaving hundreds of Pokemon in boxes for years, sometimes it's things you don't even consider.
    Using NPCs as guinea pigs in the Powder Toy to test if my nuclear power plant was safe
    Seeing if a prized jar in Legend of Zelda- Spirit Tracks was really breakable. It was a huge pot (It was also breakable)
    Reading a sign in Legend of Zelda, Skyward Sword that said no roughhousing and immediately started shaking the entire bar by rolling into walls.
    Completing levels in I am Bread.
    Killing the Guide repeatedly in Terraria.
    Breeding cows for leather in Minecraft. I count it because of the bit where I had to kill them in front of their calves.

In the future:
    Playing Off (Perhaps. The game is rather creepy however)

10. krawky398

krawky398 Ketchup Robot

Terraria is an easy game to do cruel yet hilarious things in.
    From a video I made when 1.2 first came out... (which can be found here)
    [​IMG]
    That's a squirrel, two worms, and seven goldfish just squirming in a dirt box while I try to pass it off as a dance party. Sadly, you can't do this anymore, if you try to put a critter in the ground, it just kinda disappears.

Also, in a recent playthrough of the Thorium mod, making a farm out of a Penguin Statue so we could kill over 1000 penguins so we could use 999 Penguin Heads to craft an item that is a Penguin's head on a stick that can supposedly bring the Moon Lord to his knees. I think it was worth it.

11. The Lem

The Lem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Removing the arm of an elf and then beating him to death with it in Dwarf Fortress

HazyThule and STCW262 like this.
  12. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Das metal as fuck mang

asimplesean likes this.
  13. Unclever title

Unclever title Cosmic Narwhal

I incinerated the Companion Cube in Portal. All it wanted was to be my friend!

No but honestly, an almost complete genocide run in Undertale is probably the worst I've been in a game.

Though I always get a kick out of exploding rabbits in Sword and Sworcery.

14. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Playing FTL Captain's Edition, I was fighting a rebel ship. Because they badly damaged my ship, I did not accept their surrender.
    The game is very narrative, and writes everything that happens. It wrote "As their judge and executioner, you decide that their live are not worth it and destroyed their ship." kinda
    I felt so bad that it took me five minutes before I unpaused the game and resumed playing.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  15. crazyroosterman

crazyroosterman Hey, You!

only thing I can think of as being deliberately cruel was driving down the street in gta 4 hitting every one and thinking it was hilarious.

16. Lava Cake

Lava Cake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In order from least offensive to most offensive:
    • Running over sheep in Besieged
    • Messing with new players in TF2
    • Killing rabbits in Skyrim
    • Accidentally creating Tar slimes in Slime Rancher and watching adorable slimes having the life sucked out of them
    • Worst for last: Accidently shooting Dogmeat in a fight and hearing him whimper in Fallout 4 :(

Skelozard1 likes this.
  17. Mort Faux

Mort Faux Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think a lot of people probably made Terraria murderboxes. Nothing like a contained ecosystem in a box infinitely spawning and killing helpless bunnies for absolutely no gain.

Another more tame example I can think of is ruthlessly abusing Omochao in Sonic Adventure 2.

asimplesean and Lava Cake like this.
  18. Omegagreen

Omegagreen Starship Captain

It's Omochao, I haven't played Sonic Adventure, but Omochao apparently can get annoying enough that it's understandable.

asimplesean and Lava Cake like this.
  19. Arthanen

Arthanen Void-Bound Voyager

Fable 2 co op.

I had never played fable 2 before, and this was probably a great introduction to the game for me. We went to bloodstone (I think it's called that) it's full of hookers and stuff, and then for no particular reason we went on a massacre killing every single person we could find, his reputation didn't even go down that much. Fantastic day.

777JackOfBlades likes this.
  20. mitzSBnovakid

mitzSBnovakid Title Not Found

RCT3: death theme park. millions dead. pissed off mother. forbidden park for me to play. RIP satisfying theme park. wanna know some things i've done?
    -no benches, food stops, OR washrooms. :3
    -super fast rollercoaster meant to make them fly off and die :3
    -roller coaster which crashes into tons of people on "the path" to it. mostly into the line. :3
    i planned more but my mother got mad and yeah, never was able to destroy ppl again.
    and YES i am correct age but she's skeptic but im smarter than to kill people.

Anuril likes this.