Whats the favorite games you played?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Hellanic, Aug 10, 2017.

1. MistyTheNeko

MistyTheNeko Ketchup Robot

VA-11 Hall-A
    Majority of Pokemon games
    Starbound
    Stardew Valley
    Unreal Tournament
    Geometry Dash
    The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
    Minecraft
    osu!

NaiJi likes this.
  2. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd like to nominate SimCity 2013, as an outstanding example of a need for a research department. Not that it's a good game -- oh heck no, but that's not entirely the subject -- it's an example of marketing to the wrong audience; are the people that play city builders a demographic? If not, then some research is in order.

NaiJi likes this.
  3. ModeGone

ModeGone Lucky Number 13

These are off the top of my head. Among many other titles I absolutely adore Half Minute Hero, Chrono Trigger, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, Final Fantasy 4 (SNES), Morrowind, Metroid Fusion, Banjo-Kazooie, Undertale, Tail Concerto, Shadow of the Colossus, Spyro the Dragon, .hack//IMOQ and G.U., Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil, Pharaoh Rebirth+, Momodora, Graffiti Kingdom, Super Mario Galaxy, Okami, Zelda: Minish Cap, 999 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors, Starcraft, Owlboy, Fortune Summoners, and Dungeon Keeper 2.

For Early Access titles (that I know are still under works): CrossCode, Secrets of Grindea, Streets of Rogue, and Greedy Guns.

Titles from whose demos I wish would come out by now: Iconoclasts, Heartbound, Moira, Long Gone Days, and Quantum Suicide.

If I included all the legitimately good freeware titles I've played this post would never be finished.

NaiJi likes this.
  4. MythicalDeath15

MythicalDeath15 Space Hobo

Terraria
    Stardew Valley
    Star Wars Battlefront l
    Star Wars Battlefront ll
    Overwatch
    Steep
    Need for Speed
    Mariokart

Any more I think of I'll post

5. Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Lorekeeper of Wyverns Void-Bound Voyager

So just warning you now, I've always been pretty much a huge Nintendo fan, so... that's kind of taking up the bulk of my list. I'll keep it to ten games/series.

1. Stardew Valley. I only started in October (when it was released on the Switch- warned you, didn't I?) but I've been so drawn into the game that I'm still obsessing over it. I've taken a few breaks, particularly when I picked up Skyrim, but it's the game I always go back to when I want to feel good- or even if I want to think.
    2. Xenoblade Chronicles X. I could go with any one of the Xenoblade games- particularly 2, I'm playing it and loving it right now- but the series is kind of one you have to be in the right mood to play. With Xenoblade X, I actually found it so much more addictive than the others. I could pick it up at any time and spend hours on it... so I'll have to go with that.
    3. Okami
    4. Shovel Knight
    5. Pokemon in general. If you're wondering, my favourite game in the series is White 2, with Black and Sun coming in second and third.
    6. The Legend of Zelda. Twilight Princess is my favourite, although Majora's Mask does come pretty close to it.
    7. Super Mario Sunshine. It's probably just nostalgia doing it for me, but still, I honestly find that the game's a joy to play even now.
    8. Pikmin 2. First game's AI makes it a chore to play, and though 3 is clearly better, I think the lack of a real time limit in 2 and the caves make it so much funner. Again, a game I can spend so much time on without getting bored.
    9. Splatoon. It's kind of a love/hate relationship for me, as I kind of shift to loving it to not wanting anything to do with it very quickly, its single player mode is something I'm always game for.
    10. Actually, I'm going to say Skyrim for this one. I'm pretty much a bit of a bandwagoner here, having never played the rest of the Elder Scrolls series (wanting to, but knowing a laptop could probably never handle them), I picked up Skyrim in November when it was released for the Switch, and loved it ever since.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  6. BlazingPaladin

BlazingPaladin Void-Bound Voyager

One Word: (Technically 7 words :rofl:)
    S T A R B O U N D
    (...Ok more words now)
    also probably every single fire emblem game, minecraft, terraria, stardew valley, portal 2, a bunch of others, Etc etc etc. lots more skyrim se halo star wars battlefront....(the list continues for ages with spelling and punctuation deteriorating even more.)
    Word count is: 53

7. Mobfi.Steinbaum

Mobfi.Steinbaum Aquatic Astronaut

• Resident Evil Directors Cut / HD Remake
    • Resident Evil 2
    • Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
    • Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
    • Resident Evil 0 / HD Remake
    • Resident Evil 7
    • Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2
    • Pokemon Blau / Gelb / Gold / Heartgold
    • Quake 4
    • Syphon Filter
    • Crash Bandicoot 1-3
    • Duck Game
    • Stardew Valley
    • Harvest Moon Back to Nature / Magical Melody
    • Unreal
    • Half Life 2
    • Tony Hawk's Underground
    • Sims 1-4
    • Dino Crisis
    • Turtles in Time
    • The Legend of Zelda ALttP / OoT / MM / WW
    • Secret of Evermore
    • Terranigma
    • Minecraft
    • Need for Speed Underground
    • GTA Vice City / V
    • To the Moon
    • Tekken Tag / Tekken 7
    • All Monster Hunter (cant fcking wait till January, 26th <3)
    • Pacman
    • Age of Empires / Mythologys
    • The Inner World / The Inner World -The Last Windmonk
    • Life is Strange
    • Zombie Army Trilogy
    • Dying Light
    • The Long Dark (a sandbox mp would be so cool....)
    • The Forest
    • Donkey Kong Country 1-3
    • Mario Lost Levels
    • All Mario Kart
    • Yoshis Island
    • Silent Hill Franchise
    • Silent Hills P.T.
    • Outlast 1 & 2
    • Doom
    • Yoshis Woolly World
    .....and so many more.
    Can't name all my fav games :rofl:

8. BlazingPaladin

You are like me. I just cant decide so I say all of them, or the ones I've played recently.

Mobfi.Steinbaum likes this.
  9. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Brand new list!

• Kingdom Hearts BBS
    • Kingdom Hearts II
    • Final Fantasy I
    • Final Fantasy III
    • Final Fantasy V
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Final Fantasy IX
    • Final Fantasy X
    • Momodora I
    • Momodora II
    • Momodora III
    • Momodora IV: Reverie Under the Moonlight
    • Psychonauts
    • Star Wars Battlefront II (not the 2017 one!)
    • The Legend of Zelda Majora’s Mask
    • Super Metroid
    • Starbound
    • Yoshi’s Island
    • Super Mario Bros.
    • Super Mario Bros. 3
    • Super Mario World
    • Left 4 Dead 2
    • Pokémon HeartGold
    • Pokémon Platinum
    • Pokémon Omega Ruby
    • Pokémon Ultra Moon
    • Sly Cooper
    • Sly Cooper 2
    • Sly Cooper 3
    • Portal
    • Portal 2
    • Tetris
    • osu!
    • Cave Story
    • Spider-Man 2
    • Halo 3
    • Fallout New Vegas
    • Okami
    • Shovel Knight
    • CrossCode
    • Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2005)
    • Psychonauts
    I’ll add more if I think of them

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2018
    PaxCallow likes this.
  10. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

These are the games I remember wasting spending the most time playing and enjoying throughout the years.

Asteroids (pc version)
    Centipede (pc version)
    Tetris (both PC and NES versions)
    Super Mario Bros.
    Super Mario Bros. 2
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    Chip's Challenge
    Dragon Warrior
    Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
    Kirby's Adventure
    Motorcross Maniacs
    Crystal Caliburn
    Pokémon Red/Blue
    Diablo 2
    Diablo 3
    Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Fable II
    TimeSplitters 2
    TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
    StarCraft (both N64 and PC versions)
    Donkey Kong 64
    Super Mario 64
    Yoshi's Story
    Knytt Stories (many levels)
    Knytt Underground

and of course

Starbound
    Stardew Valley

Phew. That list is longer than I thought it would be.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Waffle-Chan likes this.
  11. BlazingPaladin

You said Starbound twice BTW.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  12. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

So I did. Thanks. I fixed it.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  13. WitchyS

WitchyS Seal Broken

I wasted so much time on Diablo 2 and Diablo 1, still play them sometimes.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  14. WarmGoodRob

WarmGoodRob Astral Cartographer

*triggered*

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  15. kaldeqca

kaldeqca Scruffy Nerf-Herder

my favorite one is the rune factory 4 on 3ds
    i knew is not really outstanding but still is my favorite game anyway

Thee Pie Man and Waffle-Chan like this.
  16. Thee Pie Man

Thee Pie Man Subatomic Cosmonaut

Definitely going to second on the Rune factory 4 on 3DS, and I'll give a small run-down of the game just so that I add more than just my affirmation to it being a favorite. I felt like it was outstanding honestly:

While I've enjoyed many games, the Rune factory series in general sticks out as one of the most fun and innovative series bringing really simple concepts together to create something unique, then taking it to levels outside of normal games. Rune Factory 4 boasts skills for all weapon types, simply bathing in the game will raise a bath skill, sleeping, cooking, etc everything you do, down to walking, jumping, throwing. Everything has a skill in the game, and it boasts a 50k level limit. Tell me how many games are confident enough to even have such an outrageous upper limit to leveling, the idea that anyone would take their time to do that seems to prove just how much they felt people could enjoy this game!

The replay-ability is amazing, each person has different story to explore when you're getting to know them, into marrying them. The game is very creative and there's no shortcuts in my opinion when it comes to the depth of the characters allowing for a lot of wiggle room to enjoy and try something else, as I mentioned earlier there's different weapons allowing for tons of varying playstyles, you could choose a different one for each adventure, or try to master them all. World is yours. The ability to be your own blacksmith, doctor, and chef allows you to quite literally make everything you own. And there's no "proper" path in my opinion, you can be an amazing farmer that defeats enemies with your farming tools if you really wanted to. You could farm to your hearts content, then when you want more outside of that you can go tame monsters, and use the skills you've accumulated farming to fight monsters.

17. lcdmgod

lcdmgod Void-Bound Voyager

Osu!
    VA-11 HALL-A
    Don't Starve
    Skullgirls
    and Starbound

18. PaxCallow

PaxCallow Void-Bound Voyager

my favorite game of all time is Psychonauts.

i also like nevermore 3, starbound (obvs), stardew valley, and animal crossing new leaf.

with regards to nevermore 3, it's a simple, short browser-based flash game, but it's so beautiful and holds such a special place in my heart.

19. FoxDE2

FoxDE2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Final Fantasy 7, Castlevania Harmony of Despair, Chocobo World (Final Fantasy 8 Peripheral.)

20. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

Favorite games and why I love them:

Geometry Dash - Lots of good music, an insane level editor that can basically become a game engine.

Minecraft - Fun game, lots of content, infinite ideas.

Terraria - Same as Minecraft, but a lot crazier with weird stuff.

The Legend of Zelda series - Epic stuff, and deep lore with a background for almost everything.

Portal series - Unique, clean, sci-fi, amazing game design, and really fun puzzles.

Blinx series - Super original idea, and one of the first games I ever played.