Whats the favorite games you played?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Hellanic, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Hellanic

Hellanic Aquatic Astronaut

My favorite games are....
    - DooM Ultimate Version (DOS Game by ID SOFTWARE)
    - DooM 2 (an DOS Game by ID SOFTWARE)
    - CS:GO (I know you gonna talk shit about CS:GO. I don't care)
    - Heretic (Old DOS Shooting Game by Raven Software)
    - The Escapist (A game where you escape on prison made by TEAM 17)
    - Diablo 1/2

2. R Chen

R Chen Seal Broken

So many but the franchises I like the most are,
    Metal Gear Solid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Harvest Moon/Story Of Seasons/Stardew,
    Bioshock, Cat lady, Street Fighter, Smash bros,
    That's a few I remember off the top of my head.

3. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Oh boy, a favorite games thread

Here's mine(in no order):

Kingdom Hearts II
    Momodora 2, 3, and 4
    Psychonauts
    Final Fantasy IX
    Cave Story
    Starbound
    Portal 2
    Spiderman 2
    Pokemon HeartGold
    Sly Cooper
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Yoshi's Island
    Fallout New Vegas
    Dark Souls 1 & 3
    Star Wars: Battlefront II
    Va-11 Hall-A
    Halo 3
    Fistful of Frags

I'll continue this list if I can think of any more

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2019
    Luna Celestica likes this.
  4. MatveiZlodei

MatveiZlodei Void-Bound Voyager

Starbound :D

Kazuri likes this.
  5. R Chen

R Chen Seal Broken

Oh man, how on earth did I forget pokemon, complete shame I did such things.

6. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

Hard to tell how many I love but the best ones are :

Little King Story (Wii version) /Undertale / One Shot / Master Reboot

7. Cally94

Cally94 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hard to choose...

Starbound and Terraria are like my absolute favs right now. But Rocket League, the Metal Gear Solid franchise, Borderlands franchise, Gravity Rush 2, Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter franchises are definitely favorites of mine. I don't think I could choose just one tbh :nurutease: And I have a sneaking suspicion that as soon as I post this, I'll think of more franchises...

8. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

If i would think about how many good games i played i think i could count up to much but i try to keep myself short

Secret of Evermore (SNES)
    Often the "underrated shadow" from Secret of Mana, this gem is for me actually something i enjoy much more then SOM. Sure, SOM is also a good game but SOE is somewhat better in some levels. First, the story. Unlike SOM, youre just a guy with his dog who wants to get home. Next to this, the great "magic" system and the more and "a bit easier" fight system, which makes the game a lot more enjoyable and third the god great music. SOM already had great music but i LOVE the soundtrack from SOE. People who never played it really should give it a try.

Final Fantasy Adventure / Mystic Quest (NOT Final Fantasy Mystic Quest!!!) (GB )
    Original in japan the first part from the SOM series, This old classic Game Boy game from 1991 is also one of the hidden gems people should play at least ones in their life. It is way better then the Zelda Game on the Game Boy and had a intressting story, great music and, for a game boy game this time, a freaking great and huge world, RPG system and CHOCOBOS! Nuff said.

Okami (PS2 version)
    I actually only played this gem ones since i never did it again but i have great memories with it. Its also a game which needs much more attention tbh. Its something like a "better Zelda" and plays very very good (at least the PS2 version i played).

International Karate Plus (or "IK+" in short) (C64)
    Oh boy...One of the first "good" beat´n Up games i played....and one of the pretty early ones too. The Twist, It was a 1 vs 1 vs 1 - so you had 2 enemys which also fights against themselves and you of course...but with style sine every fighter had the equal moves (Karate~). It was funny and is still a golden classic for me.

Alundra (PS)
    I love this game. It is a good game not a lot people know about. It actually is something like "Zelda for the PS" just with pretty great music, grafic and a hell lot of riddles and story. The problem i had is that it gets pretty hard pretty quickly but still a game i love if i look bach at it.

Spy Vs Spy (C64 version / GBC version)
    Im a Spy Vs Spy fan, i guess thats already one reason i love this game(s). For a game original from 1984, it was already pretty clever in this time unlike other action games this time, it had a lot twists and turn to think about and counter elements. It was more like a game about "be sneaky, be tricky" then "smash your enemy". Really, a gem of gaming. I know they also remade it for IOS systems and like but sadly i dont have a mobile phone yet which runs it.

Boulder Dash (the Classic ones; C64)
    Also a classic game people might remember. It actually is hard later on but pretty fun everytime you play it. Digging around, smashing butterflies and collecting gems just felt great here.

Last Ninja 1+2 (C64)
    Classic gameplay, great music, freaking great system, great worlds(/Levels). What else can i say about Last Ninja? That they actually finally remake it - after 30 years. I hope they do it "soon" since system 3 (the creator team behind it) posted on Facebook they would do so for this years 30th anniversary. Cant wait!!

Onimusha series (PS2)
    Best "Side"series next to Resident Evil. I duno why but i enjoyed the series (at least the main 3 games) and sure love the gameplay and art of this games. Truely worth HD remakes tbh. Wish they would do so...

I honestly could really go on with a lot more, but that should be it for now X3

9. {insert_name_here}

{insert_name_here} Astral Cartographer

One of my favourites is definitely Rimworld. It's super fun and super addictive.

I used to play Terraria heaps (I have 240 hours on it, according to Steam), but I got bored of it.

Starbound's definitely one of my favourite games as well, but like Terraria, I've just gotten... bored of it recently for no reason.

I'm a big fan of basically all Mario games in general too.

ruddthree likes this.
  10. MistyTheNeko

MistyTheNeko Ketchup Robot

osu!, or VA-11 Hall-A, or hell even Starbound.

lcdmgod and Waffle-Chan like this.
  11. scotti

scotti Seal Broken

I'd say:
    Pokemon (any of them)
    Dota 1 or 2
    .hack//G.U. series
    Battle City (Family Computer console)
    Naruto Ultimate Ninja

12. debra00

debra00 Space Hobo

Assassin's Creed Revelation, Mass Effect 3, LOL, and Pacman :D

13. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

-Starbound
    -Fable 1/ anniversary
    -Tes3 : Morrowind
    -Halo 2/ anniversary
    -Fallout 4
    -Zack&wiki : Quest for barbaros treasure (not a famous game but definitely one of my favorite on wii)
    -Mario galaxy 2
    -Rayman 2
    -Nier automata

These are my favorite game so far

NaiJi likes this.
  14. NaiJi

NaiJi Starship Captain

I like visual novels, so...

-STEINS;GATE
    -Clannad
    -The Fruit of Grisaia
    -eden*

Speaking of usual games:
    -Dishonored
    -Far Cry 3/4 (I like casual shiт)
    -Dishonored
    -Stronghold / Stronghold Crusade
    -Dishonored
    -Pokemon Fire Red (nostalgia)
    -Dishonored
    -Rocket League
    -Dishonored
    -Overwatch
    -Dishonored
    -Dishonored
    -Dishonored
    -Dishonored

15. Luna Celestica

Luna Celestica Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's a lot of games that I like but I haven't really touched since I finished them, so I guess what I would consider my *favorites* would be the ones that I either think about a lot or find my self coming back to again and again. So in no particular order: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, SimCity 2k, Morrowind, Skyrim, Fallout 2, Fallout: New Vegas, The Sims 2 & 3, Metroid Zero Mission, and of course Starbound.

NaiJi likes this.
  16. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm
    Minecraft
    Dungeons of Dredmor
    Torchlight
    and of course Starbound

17. Milok

Milok Intergalactic Tourist

Rocket League on Xbox, I'm in lvoe with collect crates and RL items
    Path fo Exile on PC
    HoMM 3 7 4

18. Arcadoof

Arcadoof Star Wrangler

Pokémon red,
    Pokémon silver
    Pokémon ruby
    Pokémon platinum
    Pokémon soul silver
    Pokémon x

Black never happened btw

Minecraft
    Garry's mod
    Space engineers
    Metroid prime
    Metroid zero mission
    Broken space.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  19. ruddthree

ruddthree Phantasmal Quasar

Her are my top twelve (technically fourteen), in no particular order:

1. Terraria, if my 1300+ hours doesn't prove that already.
    2. Axiom Verge, one of my favorite metroidvanias.
    3. Rimworld, a colony-building and managment game.
    4. Phantasmat, a point-and-click hidden-object game (gosh that's a mouthful!).
    5. LIMBO and INSIDE, two really creep story-based games.
    6. Azure Striker Gunvolt, mostly for the soundtrack, but the gameplay's pretty great too.
    7. Antichamber. I highly recommend this one, it screws with your head nonstop.
    8. Human Fall Flat AKA Drunk Puzzle-Solver Simulator.
    9. Portal 1 & 2.
    10. Starbound.
    11. The Steamworld Dig series.
    12. LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga. The first video game I ever owned.

Hey another Rimworld fan!

{insert_name_here} likes this.
  20. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

I think Absolver is my new favorite. I can't wait until more Combat Trial types are added, hopefully that'll breathe some more life into the game!