1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the best systems to visit in this expansive galaxy of ours?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by redxlaser15, Nov 19, 2017.

1. redxlaser15

redxlaser15 Big Damn Hero

It's a bit of a pain to find those nice systems with the planets you want in it for some people. I love to create and design things on many different planets, but it's hard to find a system with all the coolest things I want! Sure, I could just find a specific planet in various different systems, but it feels less fun if I do it that way instead of colonising an entire system(Which totally isn't a monopoly)

So, what does everybody out there think are best, most interesting, and most awesomest systems in this expansive galaxy of ours? Just waiting for something to change it?

And as a somewhat side thing, does anyone know of a system with a bunch of barren planets for terraforming and room for a station?

2. ProfMoebius

ProfMoebius Space Penguin Leader

Sorry for the Necro, however does it not randomize per character ?
    And an unrelated question, what is at coordinates 1,1 ? Or rather, is there any special easter-egg coordinate in the game ?

3. redxlaser15

Unless it changed, in any character you have, you can use the coordinates to visit exact systems. Like how in some games you can type the 'seed' and if you type the same one it'll pop up with the same world. Of course mods might change it.

4. ProfMoebius

ProfMoebius Space Penguin Leader

Will the builds made by one character be present when the second char visits the same system ?

5. redxlaser15

Not the builds however, I like to imagine each character lives in an alternate universe, which is why they tend to experience similar, yet slightly different lives. In multiplayer you can see the other players builds of course, although I still get a bit confused about all the details of multiplayer since I don't play it much. I have like, one other friend that plays, and he does a whole different mod set, which means I can't play with him :p

6. Mirroruniverse

Mirroruniverse Void-Bound Voyager

Actually, if you visit a planet previously built upon by one of your own characters, builds will show up! That's because character data is saved separately, but universe data is the same per account. This also makes it possible to trade items and other things between your own characters if you know the coordinates of a build and put a chest there!

7. redxlaser15

So does that mean I don't need to cheat in many action figures? Frankly, that's the biggest part I would miss, because it took over 5 in-game hours to get just three of those! And cheating in collectibles is lame. Second thing I would miss is my horde of unique weapons, frankly, I mostly keep them because they are fun. I thought I had tested the whole buildings staying thing, but I was using a different computer so obviously it wouldn't stay :p

Also, I believe I asked earlier if anyone knows of system with lots of barren planets, and I haven't noticed anyone comment on that. I've never gotta very deep into xeno-forming(since lots of planets aren't actually earth like), but a system with mostly just barren planets would probably be very nice for that.