1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the best looking platform to use for a ship in general?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Anuril, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Anuril

Anuril Orbital Explorer

I mean to fit the look of the base ship walls and hull?

I prefer something that's craftable so I can mass produce them.

Also, why did they remove "Ship Platform" from the game, and make "Tungsten Platform" no longer craftable(even if you obtain it's recipe from Miniknog Facilities first)?

There's just not enough Platform options for decoration right now.

2. SephMoon

SephMoon Phantasmal Quasar

I think it probably varies from ship to ship. Being a Glitch, I'm a fan of using copper platforms on my ship.

3. Anuril

Anuril Orbital Explorer

What about Human Ships? For my Novakid I used Silver(more interested in matching the back wall than the hull), but it's a bit too whitish and bright compared to the back wall. Wooden is a no go(unless i'm first starting out as it's my only early game option, but I replace it when I get access to better platforms, which is where I am now).

4. SephMoon

SephMoon Phantasmal Quasar

Tungsten Platforms are craftable. I saw the recipe in my workbench when I was checking what platforms I have. They would probably look good on a Human ship.

5. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

This is how I see it:
    Temple Platforms:Avians
    Ruins Platforms:Floran
    Modern Platforms:Apex
    Copper Platforms:Novakid
    Stone Platforms:Glitch
    Ornate Platforms:Hylotl
    Tungsten/Ship Platforms:Human
    This is just how I see it. It works with ships and normal construction. I think modern platforms could be switched out for silver. Golden platforms I don't know. Although I could see them being good with Glitch and Avians. As for lunar base platforms:If you can obtain them, they look good on moons, and sometimes for other human related stuff depending on how you use it. Wood platforms look good with Novakid, copper platforms only look good on a Novakid ship. Novakid are complex that way:Machine for ship,
    Western for Normal construction.

6. RedPanda_Warrior

If you really want to go all out with your ship theme, than download the racially appropriate ship backgrounds mod. It can be downloaded off of steam workshop.

7. LordBaconator

LordBaconator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's soooooo hard to get any platform in the game to look good in the human ship...the ship itself is just so ugly and because the rooms aren't all at even levels you can't have consistent platform placement. :nuruconfused:
    I hate my ship so I just plastered the entire thing in Outpost Platforms and Human Storage Lockers.

Ankali likes this.
  8. Yubs

Yubs Big Damn Hero

I just paint my cheap old wooden platforms. :p

9. Anuril

Anuril Orbital Explorer

2 Questions:
    1. Do I learn the Tungsten Platform Recipe upon mining a Tungsten Platform?
    2. Tungsten Platform or Silver Platform for ALL SHIPS?(I want to use the same platform to be more in line with which platform is more like "a generic ship platform" for "across the board" general usage.)

Edit: Changed No. 2. for more clarification.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  10. RedPanda_Warrior

Racism? That's not racist. If African Americans use black colored platforms, that's not racist.
    Let's end this thing about racism

11. Nalano

Nalano Big Damn Hero

Floran ship hasss tungsssten platformsss and ruinsss laddersss.

[​IMG]