1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What would your world be like?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Steve, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

I'd like a tropical world with beautiful trees, plants, and lakes. It will also have almost constant rain.

tedlil likes this.
  2. Sethaniel

Sethaniel Void-Bound Voyager

The seas rage endlessly, forcing the inhabitants of the planet's tiny patches of dry land to face torrential winds and giant tsunamis on a regular basis. Most of the planet is enveloped in a thick mist, making it difficult to see any fair distance. Beneath the dark waves lurk monsters of the deep, some small some big, others large enough to be called an island. Some resourceful people have even made their homes on the giant floating carcasses of fallen monsters. Travelling through these troubled waters is insanely dangerous, so ingenuity struck and ships soon learned to sail the skies instead of the seas. But the skies are not without their own dangers; great thunderstorms and large birds of prey never discriminate. Still the people brave both the chaotic skies and the turbulent seas, for an old and undying belief that somewhere on this rotten planet was a mass of land undisturbed by crazy weather and dangerous beasts. A Promised Land, if you will, a glimmer of hope in an otherwise sad, sad place.

3. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Size: small simple world, where it's night. Every day. 24/7 BABY!
    Type: PARTY! Streamers everywhere and ballons flying endlessly in the sky :D
    ~ John

4. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

Snow/Ice it may be the Canadian in me but I love snowy worlds.

5. Tiny Master of Music

Tiny Master of Music Existential Complex

I want an Icy/Ocean Planet with icebergs and the like.

6. Asrashas

Asrashas Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is someone here a bit into Magic: The gathering? i would make something like Phyrexia
    An artificial planet build by an ancient being, divided into spheres.
    The first just kinda normal with forests, deserts and oceans, somewhat like the earth, where also "normal" animals live.
    -Would look green, natural and mostly untouched
    The second Sphere handles the athmosphere and the like of the first. Its like a giant cave all the way round the planet with pipes ant such things at the ceiling. Here you already could guess the artificial nature of that planet.
    The third sphere would consist of huge facilities and smokestacks, here would my servants work on new lifeform creations and distorted abominations of already existing. Also all kinsd of living creatures would be vivisected & turned into brainwashed servants with some technology/magic (what fits better).
    The fourht sphere would just be a huge sea of corrupting oil, used on the third sphere.
    Fifth sphere would be a big furnance to power the planet.
    Sixth sphere would harbour my most important servants, the ones i really trust and wich are not brainwashed into following zombies.
    seventh sphere = pure energy
    Eight sphere the core where i reside and can control everything, my servants and the whole planet things like athmosphere and other conditions on the surface (but not the animals on the outer sphere, these are used to let the nature mutate them and adopt the best mutatuins to my creations)

So this is not really a result of my creativity, but i damn love the idea behind phyrexia
    also please critizise my english, 'cause im no native english speaker, but i want to learn to sound more like one, thanks

7. tedlil

tedlil Pangalactic Porcupine

steampunk-like :D with many traps and mechanical cool stuff :p

8. MythicalBrit

MythicalBrit Void-Bound Voyager

I would make castle gray skull nough said

9. DemonlordHatty

DemonlordHatty Void-Bound Voyager

This is an awesome question! I think I would have to go with the good ol' Sci-fi theme. Stale weather, steel ground all around, and just kind of spacey, you know what I mean?

10. Narutoman

Narutoman Void-Bound Voyager

That planet where the avatars live. *facepalm* sad i dont know the name :( lol

11. DemonlordHatty

DemonlordHatty Void-Bound Voyager

Oh wow, gosh dang. I forgot it too! I know that the people were the Na'vi... Or however you spell that... But the planet has slipped my mind.

12. Keirndmo

Keirndmo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sarcasm detected.
    Still going to say.
    Name of planet was Pandora.
    I'm embarrassed to know the name of it.

13. Narutoman

Narutoman Void-Bound Voyager

Haha i knew it was that, but i typed it and i was like wait, isnt that the free radio thing? but yea Pandora, that would be a cool world to have on Starbound.

14. jon218

jon218 Phantasmal Quasar

Small, only two biomes, one snow, and one forest. Then a single house with a larger underground section that takes up most of the planet's inside.

15. SUPERBOY

SUPERBOY Space Spelunker

So pretty much a peaceful island.

16. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

forest / ice , forest for starters and ice for a sliding arena to slide all around :D

17. Urist McDwarf

Urist McDwarf Void-Bound Voyager

Surface: I DON'T CARE, preferably completely untamed wilds.
    Underground: Lots of rock and lots of minerals, not very deep soil but capable of sustaining very advanced plantlife, and caverns with curious underground structures pertaining to ancient civilizations filled with radiation and horrible beasts but containing excellent loot with strange properties.

EDIT: Oh, and vast underground magma seas before the actual core with pillars of a unknown blue-ish substance, and above the previous caverns, slightly less dangerous caves filled with more normal-ish beasts and tree-like mushrooms of various kinds and tribal animal-like civilizations.

18. Eve

Eve Phantasmal Quasar

Tech, with high rises and lots of vegetation ... VEGETATION! ;-)

19. My planet would appear almost black from orbit, with a few huge cracks visibile on one side, glowing like fire. On the surface, there would be ruins, as if nearly the entire planet had been dominated by an advanced race, who were then wiped out by an unknown force. The ground would appear covered in black ash, and the skies permanantly overcast, the thick, black clouds blocking all light and never producing rain. On one side of the world, there would be countless great fissures, from which come the glow of molten lava. There would be no seas, only bare, eroded rock where the water used to be. Those who spend too long outside, however, soon discover that the planet is not uninhabited, as dark creatures lurk silently in the shadows, hunting those who do not belong.

The only intact structure on the surface would be a small but pristine tower of silver-coloured metal standing amidst the ruins. This tower would be merely the entrance to a massive underground scientific research complex, protected by advanced security measures, including heavily-armed robotic drones. Visitors would be able to wander the upper levels freely, but most of the lower areas would be heavily secured, to prevent harm to those not properly equipped to face the artificial environments contained therein.

This planet would be called "Nilath", a word once used by the civilization that inhabited it in the distant past, meaning "Nowhere".

Eve likes this.
  20. <Hands Eve a small green sprig, planted in an old boot>
    This should help you make a start. :)

Eve likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.