Modding Discussion What would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by SleepySquidd, Dec 28, 2014.

1. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

2. Osoreshi

Osoreshi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I didn't know this, is actually amazing. There is an always boring part to me... merging the player.config
    And now more than ever since they made the merging even more troublesome.

3. SleepySquidd

I thought about that, but there is literally so many possibilities for player.config.patch files. Personally I use this website to generate patch code for me, then I just format it and toss it into the required file

Osoreshi likes this.
  4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

You should be wary of that site. It doesn't handle complex patches well.
    Especially nested arrays. Instead of giving you a proper patch - it uses overwrite instead which would cause incompatibility with other mods.

5. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

A tool to create collision polys would be really great. I've used Grapher so far but its not really the best way to create collision polys.
    I've created a mockup how a good poly editor could look like:

[​IMG]

HI-MAX² likes this.
  6. SleepySquidd

Yeah, I encountered that a while ago. Instead of using anything nested I just do it one section at a time. Takes up a lot of time but it's good for double checking.

7. The | Suit

Writing it by hand is probably faster in the long run - I am planning on rewriting my tutorial to a more diagramatic colorful version where it will be a bit more easier to understand.
    But next few days busy with new years and all.

SleepySquidd likes this.
  8. Bloody_Kain

Bloody_Kain Phantasmal Quasar

Maybe a Editor to create your own craftable blocks from Ingods and other Materials?
    (I dream of building an Background Gundam Image, but havn't found the right colorful blocks now...)

9. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Wait are we talking about Risk of Rain or Starbound

10. The | Suit

There is a risk of raining starbound.

SleepySquidd likes this.
  11. SleepySquidd

Oh god, I would do that but I absolutely hate dealing with reading/writing to image files in Java. It's something I've never gotten too involved in and I have almost no clue what I'm doing in there D:

12. Osoreshi

Osoreshi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually I kinda liked Crystan's idea and started doing something on Java aswell. I'm going slow since I'm doing a project myself and helping with another one, but It'll be done early January!

Crystan likes this.
  13. SleepySquidd

Nice! If you want any help shoot me a P.M., I can help with some other stuff besides writing to images.

Osoreshi likes this.