What Was Your Most DIsappointing Moment in a Video Game?

Discussion in 'Games' started by FoxDE2, Aug 3, 2018.

1. thebritwriter

thebritwriter Void-Bound Voyager

Several disappointing moments in gaming I experienced a few.

1) Not so much a moment but more it's the ENTIRE game. Rise of the robots on snes, looked good visually at the time but the looks disguised repeative music and limited and clunky fighting, also a good number of foes were underwhelming design wise (enemy 1; fork lift. Enemy 2 another construction robot etc.) A prime example of style disguising substance.

2) The other was disappointment ending to two good games Digger T.Rock for nes which ends on a sequel hook cliffhanger (I hate them) and second was XGRA racing, the bike series for the last in their series was great, racing, your team prompting you to, themusic choice it had everything really. It was a cool and difficult game. Yet character endings were just few seconds of cgi celebration. This is nitpicking but I felt disappointed that a game that worked hard on it's gameplay offers very little in ending or desire to replay.

2. CrystalZues

CrystalZues Space Hobo

Starbounds co-op

AccountPrivacy likes this.
  3. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Starbound latency in Single Player...

DrVoodoo and AccountPrivacy like this.
  4. Taid1947

Taid1947 Space Hobo

when i did 1vs5 in league of legends twice and killed them all alone, and my onion team still lost the game. it was ranked. happened numerous times

DrVoodoo likes this.
  5. AccountPrivacy

AccountPrivacy Pangalactic Porcupine

I can somewhat relate to this or more likely directly relate to this. I always hate when someone is bragging how they are always OP and the best in games and I hate to be the same type of person but there are almost always moments when I played something and 90% the time I was carrying everyone and felt like I am all alone in my team. There are games that how much amount of players there are in the team it bumps the difficulty accordingly so playing it basically solo in those moments is like a ultra omega nightmare mode. Instead of enjoying the game it stresses the life out of me and have to avoid playing with such people or to play such games. Even tho they can be good friends in real life but in games they are like useless props. I tell them I don't want to play anything with them anymore and they get upset. Like I am showing off or something. Christ... get good or don't play a competitive game. How hard is it to understand that.

6. I_am_the_Storm

I_am_the_Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, I remember one, unfortunately...
    The game is called Mortyr 3, realeased in the middle of 2008. I have the CD for quite some time, but I could not properly play it until I got more powerful machine ; the framerate was garbage on computer I had at the time of buying the game, even when the specs were not high, and I could play Doom 3 just fine.
    Mortyr 3 looked like a rip-off of Call of Duty or Battlefield (I didn't played those), but the gameplay was... adequate, I would say. The graphics wasn't bad, sound design was quite 'blunt' yet somehow fitting, AI was stupid as one could expect from low-budget game, thus making the game easier, but action was there. Where is the problem then?
    Well... the lenght of the game was a problem and I was really disappointed ; on hard difficulty and even without pro-action-gamer skills, you can beat the game in under 4 hours, AND it ends suddenly. I remember the mission where you need to blow up some missile factory -or something like that-, and when you are mentally preparing for next mission... BAM! The credits are rolling.
    For me, it was like playing a demo. Heck, even original Quake took me longer than Mortyr 3, if I don't count reloading a save because of shamblers or lava pools.

7. AccountPrivacy

Modern games in the nutshell right there just reduce the play time from 4 to 2 and it's spot on. As for PC games many are happy to even be able to start the game let alone play it. The year is spot on for these things since around 2008 games started to be drastically halfassed more expensive and DLC started to be a norm and by 2010 microtransactions and gambling were a common thing. Pretty much a signed death to actual quality gaming.

I_am_the_Storm likes this.
  8. I_am_the_Storm

I_am_the_Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I completely agree. That is why I like open world games or role-playing games in general, where lenght is up to player. Not every game, of course; for example, Diablo is quite linear, but it has open world-ey feel in it,and I can play it for several days before even making it to the second act. Sure, mods certainly helps, but the vanilla is quite lengthy on itself, especially if you want to beat Hell difficulty.
    For your second point, I immediatelly thought of TES III : Morrowind. Damn, I was so exicted to play this masterpiece! I installed the game, DLCs, and... nothing. The game didn't even started. Year later I managed to play it in 5 FPS, which was at least something. Five years later, when Oblivion came out, I was able to properly play Morrowind, but not Oblivion, because of lack of memory, and outdated graphics card... 'sigh' Disappointment after disappointment.
    As for your third point... I couldn't agree more, my friend. The gameplay mechanics are often copied over and over, content is locked behing paywalls, the graphical aspect in game is the most inmportant thing (in the eyes of developers) price doesn't reflect on the actual quality of product, physical copies does not exist anymore, yet those fu***ng lootboxes, mictrotransactions, and paid gamebreaking power-ups are nearly everywhere. I think it is quite opposite of what we had before 2010, and that is the real disappointing thing here.

But now I feel like I am ranting, as I go slightly off-topic, so I will stop.

9. AccountPrivacy

It's not a rant, it's just saying things as they are, better that then hide behind ignorance. One example of many: "Oh it's ok I guess, because I don't know any better and don't want to" or the more better one [​IMG]

10. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

Building in Garry's Mod. Everything is okay, and one moment later your supposed-to-be-armored-vehicle turns into a subdimensional flail and flies off into the sunset, and you cannot fix it because something causes it to break every time you hit a curb.

11. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Playing Resident Evil, but in a laggy and slow PC. Normal zombie is like a nightmare, and everywhere you go, you got a jumpscare.

12. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

sounds like mine

Daikon Ocelot likes this.