What Was Your Most DIsappointing Moment in a Video Game?

Discussion in 'Games' started by FoxDE2, Aug 3, 2018.

1. FoxDE2

FoxDE2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For me, since I was so young and I was really bored of playing it, it was in the NES version of Rampage when you finally beat all the areas you can beat and did you beat the game? Nope. California has come back into power and you had to fight California all over again -.-

What was your most disappointing moment in a game?

2. PseudoGold

PseudoGold Pangalactic Porcupine

Playing through Metro: Last Light and doing all of the 'moral' things and still getting the bad ending because I killed a few, well, a lot, of enemies who shot me first or where about to either kill or rape someone innocent.

777JackOfBlades likes this.
  3. Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

it's a beta game but i refused to assault my partner(our superior wanted us to fight each other) and i was given no options except to kill him or be fainted. when i eventually lost(gifting and refusing to fight did nothing so i took a dive) my superior congratulated me for showing her my raw 'fighting' potential and then congratulated my partner for winning

afterwards i found out that it was intentional because there was no thought that i might not want to pummel the guy who was supposed to be my best friend despite it being a gimmick later in the game that i could end some fights by being a decent person and not beating on someone

4. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

In Minecraft. I build a huge kingdom, with a complicated automatic redstone that function most of the public services (with a huge help from my little brother of course), with a building with great aesthetic and architecture, and with a well planned city that took months or maybe years to make it. But then, one day a creeper blow me off from behind and I realise that I am playing a hardcore mode (I play survival mode by the way.

5. sdfghj

sdfghj Void-Bound Voyager

in starbound, when i was about to encounter the ruin, i was so excited because i would finally finish the game, but then my fps fell to 1 and the controls of the game didn't work so i died because i couldn't press the space bar to double jump and i lost 10% of my 42000 pixels.

edit: i forgot to mention that i was about to fall on the ruin's brain

6. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fallout 3 ending. You can only sacrifice yourself but then can't complete the rest of the game or be a selfish asshole and sacrifice someone else. Worse part is that your super mutant buddy who is immune to radiation won't go because of stupid reasons. This ending is total garbage.

7. FoxDE2

FoxDE2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Castlevania Symphony of the Night. They start you off with some of the best gear, and then Death takes it away from you. In the Saturn version, they take out all of the little secrets you can do (such as getting to the Clocktower as soon as you get the Wolf Soul.)

8. Grifs

Grifs Void-Bound Voyager

Bad Dudes/Dragon Ninja I guess. After saving the president he'll invite you for a burger but then see that he's the only one with the burger...

9. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Is Starbound a candidate for this? IT lags every da** minute...

AccountPrivacy likes this.
  10. theflamingchuthulu

theflamingchuthulu Big Damn Hero

That same thing happened to me in my singleplayer world. -Including the hardcore mode thing. ;-;

11. AccountPrivacy

AccountPrivacy Pangalactic Porcupine

Pretty much most of the games I played on PC in the passed 10 years were a total hype then major disappointment. The last two being GTA Online and Starbound. Both worked fine at the beginning then one day first GTA stopped working for me and lots of my friends then I moved back on to Starbound more then it's performance started to be awful to the point one day it became unplayable. Almost one year I didn't play anything on PC mostly worked on videos then I moved back onto GTA mainly editing videos in the in-game which upon rendering videos killed my GPU. Bought a new one, tested Starbound it was still crap, then tested GTA it was ok. Couple of months in GTA got an update which again rendered my GPU useless another couple of months not playing anything bought a new SSD and GPU tested Starbound, wroked a bit better but still unplayable crap. GTA Online worked fine on 1080p. Some months in my PSU got fried again while working in GTA editor and rendering videos in it. Changed that then Online became very repetitive and obnoxious with it's performance and bugs, many friends left again so did I. Played a little bit of APB Reloaded that is the same broken garbage as it was 10 years ago. Looks like nothing changes with PC games, one day you play something the next day the game gets patched and you can't play it anymore or something gets fried in your PC. Right now my only goal related for PC gaming will be finishing my GTA videos, some of them, not all because I have way too many and checking out Starbound from time to time. Other then that I am seriously sick of games on PC. Soon as I am done with these videos and crap I am 100% moving on to PS4 and PS2 and done with this PC games crap agenda. Oh I do plan on building a Pentium 4 for few older games and programs but other then that I am seriously done with new games and even then who knows when I will be able to achieve this.

12. Catherine Franz

Legend has it even the most high-spec-pc lags on Starbound xD

13. AccountPrivacy

Sadly it's true. When I first played this it was on a dualcore but the game didn't had anything even tho we extra packed it with mods and still worked fine. It was one of my very few favorite games on PC and saw a bright future for it. Few years later it went to hell and seems like it's not going to go out of it any time soon.

14. Catherine Franz

Although some people said they have smooth gameplay, Now that's a sight to behold ; n;

theflamingchuthulu likes this.
  15. AccountPrivacy

From my experience those people who say such things don't register frame drops at all or are simply masochists who like to torture themselves with the worst things. Also what I ran across among few of my friends is they tend to complain about the poor state of the game sometimes even endlessly rage during playing it but for some reason the next moment when we don't play and we talk about the game they say there is nothing wrong with the game and that I overreact. It's like they shut down their brain during gameplay also that reminds me of a bipolar disorder. They don't know wtf they experience nor want to accept the truth. So I ignore what those people say, I am not blind and I see a problem when there is one and I address it. Either way there should be a strict quality control over these things and games with issues not be even considered being a product. Most of the games in the passed min 10 years seem more like a shallow-minded cash grab then anything else. This practice roughly started back in 2008 and by 2010 kicked in completely where companies started to copy each other and not the good stuff instead they copied the bad things, main issues such as halfassed games being published, dlcs, microtransactions, false promises, not realizing what they have in front of their eyes or just ignoring the facts etc. Later they have the decency to cry about how they didn't sold enough copies and how people don't seem to be interested in certain titles anymore. Which is wrong because there is a interest but many people refuse to buy half baked stuff it's like buying a brand new car for full price but not having wheels, doors etc. People will point out issues and complain about it because obviously there is still a care for it. But there is also the truth that some people moved on and don't buy games anymore and play the old ones or don't play anything anymore. Sometimes I wonder why do I still care instead I should just move on and let everything burn to the point video games become a history. When PS4 came out and they started doing some nice remasters and some new IPs. I guess that is when my hope for video games came back but now bad management came back into fame and just repeating it self to the point I should stop carrying again because I am wasting my time on nothing. Companies juts don't learn on mistakes nor tend to care to learn. They just cash grab, milk it till they can and move onto the next copy-pasted garbage. Some companies sadly bankrupted due to this, some are still around and wonder how long will they get funded to produce their garbage.

DemChanges and edensgenesis like this.
  16. Catherine Franz

Least we still get some gems in the sand like Hollow Knight or some of the timeless games > w>

AccountPrivacy likes this.
  17. theflamingchuthulu

theflamingchuthulu Big Damn Hero

I understand that. Presently most video games are just some battle royal game (deliberately undercapped) In regards to me agreeing with the Starbound thing I do get plenty of lag, Minecraft as well. I agree that there should be more original and complete or at least maintained games out there. One of the main problems is that some people forget how to use creativity and they just like some random game and decide that they want to receive money for the game that they like. It is a warped perspective. The bright side to all of this is that it is all probably only sustainable for another 50 to at very most 100 years. That includes everything from our modern cultures and habits to, yes our video games. For a civilization to fare well at the point of being interppanetary (which we will be in 30 to 50 or so years), part of that welfare is having no form of money and going back to a trade and info system like the ancient past. Once we make it to interstellar, humans are gonna be pretty spread out and things such as schools would be uncommon. Instead, everything necessary to survive in space and interplanetary/interstellar lifestyle would be taught during childhood by parents or should need arise even machines, so that we, the human race will survive. So I guess if you are patient, money making schemes would not be an issue as we would all be colonists or space-gypsies anyway and anything like that that is made would be made as an artform theoretically. And if you don't think that all will happen, our star will die in roughly 200 years by conservative estimates, and a planet is still livable for 70 to 120 years depending on atmosphere and distance after it's sun dies. Meaning that the last time on Earth would be long enough for interstellar travel to be developed and if we have time to grab the "seeds" of as much Earthly-life as we can.
    P.S. My brother is one of those gamers, and he is 10. Most of the type that are all needlessly complain-ey are often in the state of ego, in which they defend something that they like but also dislike and exaggerate the things that they don't like in the primitive subconscious mindset that "Mommy or Daddy are Gods and can immediately and magically fix anything for me that doesn't work or do what I want."
    P.S. P.S. I have been thinking a lot about the near future and present. We live in interesting times. I encourage you to look up "Metamaterials" if you would like your mind to be blown. Just because these things exist doesn't mean that we should take it for granted, the future won't likely end up like our sci-fi movies, heck even Star Wars has always had unrealistic space warfare. I lately have been in complete wonder about our world, yet I haven't gained much new knowledge. Seriously, you are reading this on liquidized conductive crystals that we figured out from pure trial and error that we could make them glow and produce colors and then we hooked that up to essentially noodles of smelted conductive rock and other stuff. Anyway, before I go too off topic which I probably already have, just appreciate what you and a (I assume?) good chunk of humanity has. In regards to me, I kinda come on this thread so that I know what I WANT, which sounds ridiculous, but it is about CONTRAST. I only liked those posts of Catherine's because I found it funny and have had lag too. You don't need to complain about what humans, it is tempting, but it isn't completely their/our? fault. The reason money is abused and misused is because we did a stupid job setting money up, and in the end, nothing that could ever be made even by a God if you believe that, could ever be perfect. And if we are perfect, then our perfection comes from Chaos and Freedom, rather than Order or Control, there is a saying that was used by families of wealth back in the day that when someone was going crazy that they "went to the country". When you force an animal (and whether or not you believe that or not, regardless of anyone's ego, that is what we all are and have ever been.) into captivity, they will misbehave so that they will be released. Once they have gotten wilderness and freedom they are then comfortable and want to be somewhere less wild. Following that, along with a thing called "greed" which is a confusion of hoarding food so that we can survive next winter, and a third thing called Narcissism, which is a defect in our hunter and our strategy/control over environment so we don't get eaten instincts, and that is why we have things like frauds and broken systems.
    This world is quite the place, and by world I mean universe like the Old Norse meant the word.
    And lastly, I know that most people don't want anything deep or profound or when they find some they like to make it shallow to destroy its value. If you wish, you can just go back to wherever you came from, and my piece of advice would be to just not hang out by gaming with those friends of yours. Ask yourself, "Is there an equal positive emotional exchange in this friendship?" And if not, and it is all in the past then spend some time apart from that person and reconnect later, you might need a break. I'm a very social and loyal person and find it hard but the end result is usually worth it.
    Anyhow, bye for now. I guess. But this will already be the past when you read this so... Yeet.:whoop:

Catherine Franz likes this.
  18. Catherine Franz

This 1.5 Starbound story update seems nice > w>

E: New update on " S T A B L E " Right now

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  19. MrsGuu

MrsGuu Phantasmal Quasar

Story Update? You talk about this bounty hunter or another new thing?!

20. Catherine Franz

Oh it's a joke on what chuthulu made...I think I went insane already...ELDRITCH GODS FOREVER....ELDRITCH GODS FOREVER....ELDRITCH GO-