1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What type of weapons could you see yourself using all the time?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by x-adam1234-x, Feb 29, 2012.

1. The Question

The Question Ketchup Robot

My Fists! If I Can...

2. Zalajai

Zalajai Void-Bound Voyager

Flamethrower and energy-powered mace: Roastin' and mashin', glitch style

3. VirtuallyJesse

VirtuallyJesse Aquatic Astronaut

From the footage I have seen so far, big fan of the cluster bomb weapons. Reminds me of Worms. ^^

4. Cake

Cake Cosmic Narwhal

A cake gun.

For serious:
    I want there to be energy bows SO bad!

5. clawz

clawz Orbital Explorer

Any kind of bow would be awesome, I'd settle for a crossbow if not (not too keen on them though, long story). Would love to have a bow wielding tribal Floran hunter :D

6. Gearsofclocks

Gearsofclocks Orbital Explorer

Some form of ranged weaponry, like a gun or magic.

7. IndieGamerRid

IndieGamerRid Zero Gravity Genie

This is a great topic. :DD I'll turn to the weapons I kept as my favorite toys for ages in other games.

Generally, weapons with powerful or unique effects, particularly elemental things. I know there are a few weapons that I kept on my person forever in Oblivion, such as the Staff of the Battlemage and Boreal. Things for increased stealth abilities or regenerative properties (especially for ammunition) are always really lasting, like the armor mod I found in Borderlands...anything that can cause chained explosions...things with high crit. chances or a chance of one-hit KO...and things that are good at taking down defenses, so rapid-fire.

So taking all that into consideration, if any of the following have incredible stats:

For ranged weaponry: A terribly efficient rapid fire revolver,
    For melee weaponry: Any large thing that has an impressive elemental effect and is good at surpassing or destroying defeneses,
    For equipment: Any thing that allows me to be stealthy and gain the greater hand, or increases offensive stats. I don't know if stealth will even be a thing in this game, though.

8. Necromechanical

Necromechanical Master Chief

I would always have a melee weapon for backup because they don't require ammunition.

A gun with a decent rate of fire.

And of course any weapons that are unique in their own way, something that shoots/makes use of anything other than bullets/rockets

9. Vanque

Vanque Void-Bound Voyager

Probably two pistols, snipers, shotguns, and swords

10. Probably a nice rifle with a decent knockback.

11. Knivez5

Knivez5 Aquatic Astronaut

Sniper rifle! Perfect aim and knock-back ftw.running helps too

12. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

Some kind of MG or minigun like thing. Set it up behind some sandbags and shoot all night;)

13. plasmaman2

plasmaman2 Phantasmal Quasar

If there is some sort of parry or dodge move in the game, I'll most likely use mainly melee and use guns for those hairy moments.

14. tostboy

tostboy Space Spelunker

Ether a machine-gun and dagger or sword, sword and shield or dual pistols or machinegun

Or i would go complete Abraham Lincoln and us a axe

15. The Thing

The Thing Existential Complex

High mobility equipement. A fast sword and some kind of machine gun with maybe a high power gun in backup. Drop in, deal as much damage as possible while moving around, get out.

tostboy, IndieGamerRid and Dzelda like this.
  16. ShinyVictini

ShinyVictini Seal Broken

Mainly melees and the occasional fire ranged weapon.

Jedesis likes this.
  17. T-Rex

T-Rex Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Dual sword :D and be like

[​IMG]

Jedesis likes this.
  18. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Doesnt anyone use Arcanic bands these days?

What a shame. Ive blown away many a sword-wielder with unconventional weaponry.

Jedesis and Necromechanical like this.
  19. tostboy

tostboy Space Spelunker

Yess, Thats what i like.

Jedesis likes this.
  20. Ameb

Ameb Subatomic Cosmonaut

Anything that makes u dig faster.

Jedesis likes this.