1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What races do you want to be in game?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Spacefawx, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Jääkäri

Jääkäri Pangalactic Porcupine

Yay!

2. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

[​IMG]Creeperbot. Nuff said.

3. Fantastic Mr. Legion

Fantastic Mr. Legion Phantasmal Quasar

Geth. Nothing more, nothing less. Just Geth

4. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

Floating Brains

5. Attack_Fish

Attack_Fish Phantasmal Quasar

Anyone here ever play any of the Wario games for the gameboy? He'd be walking through a level and then get squished into a pancake by a gigantic weight and became as light as a paper (and fell like a piece of paper too). My point is that his paper-like condition led access to new places and cut off regular access to other places. How does this relate to races? I was thinking it'd be really cool to have a race that is big, slow and really powerful but turned into a smaller quicker form of itself when it touches water or some sort of chemical! That way the race separates itself from all the others and lends unthinkable amounts of creativity to gameplay (and also for adventure maps made by others)! Just think of the possibilities!

6. Omegatron

Omegatron Aquatic Astronaut

[​IMG]

Something I whipped up from some old concepts I had. The Skarín are a tall, lean, humanoid species that has kept its ties to the ocean as it evolved. Their home planet is about 90% water, and as such the Skarín have learned to adapt to underwater life. They have small lung for surface air breathing, and a set of "gills" on either side of their heads. They also possess webbed fingers and toes for fast, controlled swimming. They have no mouth, but can osmose through their skin.

That's all I'll write here. Love or hate on it, just don't ask me to color it. xD I might make a suggestions thread for this if you guys think I should. I have some other pictures I am holding on to.

7. YoshiBush

YoshiBush Void-Bound Voyager

I want to be either a wolf or a bear. :unsure:

8. Eventlessgreen

Eventlessgreen Poptop Tamer

nice idea Omegatron, i think you may be on to something ;)

Omegatron likes this.
  9. lickmyxxx

lickmyxxx Big Damn Hero

Werewolf maybe? i think it will be cool!

10. Run

Run Poptop Tamer

Giants. Ideally, of the Jolly Green tribe.

I just it to be contextually appropriate when I shout "Eat your ****ing vegetables, <enemy>!!" then stomp on said enemy. :mad:

Omegatron likes this.
  11. Gman_Austre

Gman_Austre Phantasmal Quasar

Ninja Hobos its like what every game needs but doesn't have, in fact there night be like races and like classes that define your race, such as aquatic ape, robot racoon etc

Eventlessgreen likes this.
  12. GabirilosGR

GabirilosGR Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Space Werewolf! xD

13. WhatTheHax98

WhatTheHax98 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I wanna be a floating pumpkin dude with a pointy hat! A Pumpkinman!

14. Knior

Knior Space Spelunker

Yordles!!!!

15. JoNnY__7

JoNnY__7 Master Chief

I... would like to be the BIG BANG :D

16. Sol Pruina

Sol Pruina Over 9000!!!

A human... Yeah...

17. Bismuth

Bismuth Cosmic Narwhal

Lizard people
    Squid
    Terraria style dudes :D

18. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Time Lord.
    Silence (doctor who)
    Goron
    Zora
    Hylian
    Imp

19. Liquidified

Liquidified Big Damn Hero

These are such cool ideas! I like the squid, octopi, android, and BASICALLY EVERYTHING!! Keep up the good work! I ove the ideas! :whoop: :DD

20. Jayne Cobb

Jayne Cobb Big Damn Hero

TIME LORD FTW