What NPC who isn't marriageable would you like to see available?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Borodin, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

...And if someone starts up a thread entitled "Which slimes would you like to see as marriage candidates," you are to blame.

BentFX likes this.
    • rabbitafy

rabbitafy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Linus, or Clint. Since it's possible to marry Emily even though Clint is clearly interested in her, I think it's only fair. And Linus because he's so sweet, I'd love to give him a home. (Or, since he admits he likes his tent, give him a tent on our property.)

Kent would be nice, because I feel like Jodi doesn't deserve him.

Sandy is a good one, too. And Marnie, since she talks about how she's "single" and it'll show Lewis to refuse to admit to their relationship...

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

You're just jealous that Frost Jelly likes me best.

Borodin likes this.
        • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

"thread now exists about asking which slime you like the best" Sorry, Borodin, your back and forth with Lilliput was just too much to resist...

Another person I thought of was Marlon, just because we really don't know anything about him, it would be nice to flesh him out more. We know he likes Marnie (based on a Spring flower dance convo) and makes a point of attending festivals, but beyond that, zilch. Be nice to know more about the mysterious Adventure Guild owner...

Axe Garian, Yaushibee and Borodin like this.
          • Cramped Sultana

Cramped Sultana Big Damn Hero

What about Morris if you go to the JoJo route? Although I doubt he'd let you use his employee discount.

kittentamer likes this.
            • Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd throw my vote in for Caroline.

Axe Garian likes this.
              • Cramped Sultana

What about the witch? Her husband cheated on her, quite possibly got the other woman pregnant, and broke her heart. She needs someone special in her life. Plus, I want to see if our children come out green.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Plus you wouldn't have to spend a Prismatic Shard to get rid of any unwanted child. Of course, that could lead to indiscriminate, heartless and willy-nilly additions to the local dove population...

-----
                  Wifey and I were sitting around the campfire the other night, wasted on beer and cornnuts.
                  "Hey babe!" wifey called. "Watch what I can do to Tommy!"
                  Zap! Tommy, in a puff of smoke, became a dove and flew up into the nearest tree. I roared and wifey cackled as the embers lofted up into the treetops, threatening to light the tree afire.
                  "Hey! Do SallySue!" I slurred, nearly dropping my beer. "I always thought she was the runt of the litter!"
                  Zap!
                  "Babe," wifey said, looking around, "we're running short on kids."
                  I took a pull from my Jojabeer. "S'ok, we can just make more!"
                  We both roared and looked at Beatrice who was cowering behind the doghouse.
                  -----

Cramped Sultana and Pangaearocks like this.
                  • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

"Beatrice fled to the wizard, who promised to see about reversing the effects of his ex-wife's spells"

I've thought about this from time to time...but what about the dwarf? Yeah you won't have a clue what he says at first, but friendships have been made when people don't understand each other, so why not have the dwarf explain things via notes that he wants X or Y and you give him the item he needs, and over time it turns to friendship and maybe even love, even though you and the dwarf can't communicate effectively?

Axe Garian likes this.
                    • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

And you get to live in a house that can move to the mines, the ocean, and other cities, rather than using a horse, a bus, or your feet. Plus, it runs on chicken legs. What's not to love?

CountryKit and Axe Garian like this.
                      • Cramped Sultana

Yeah, and her "curses" aren't exactly bad things. It would cost me 5 grand to get a void egg from Krobus. She will just fly over and give me one for free. Either she likes me or she's very confused "A void egg! That'll show her! I know! Next time I'll leave her a bunch of prismatic shards! That'll learn her!"

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

I just keep getting more and more ideas for As Stardew Valley turns...

another NPC who I think would be great for a marriage candidate is Linus. This game really stresses the "first impression might be very wrong about the person" (I think only Gus and Willy are "first impression is accurate") and with Linus, that would likely mean he has an INCREDIBLE backstory!

Axe Garian likes this.
                          • Stryder87

I dunno... I think my first impression of Gil in the Adventurer's Guild was pretty accurate. haha
                            Does he ever leave the rocking chair??

Axe Garian likes this.
                            • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Gil don't count :p Seriously, I'm not sure why that guy is even in the game, his rewards could just as easily been given by Marlon...

• laurav

laurav Tentacle Wrangler

... Gus, all the way, haha! Hear me out... He owns a saloon, AND he's a fantastic cook. What's not to like??

• Cramped Sultana

And he's a really nice guy too. He feeds Linus, he didn't want to confront Pam about her tab even though it was hurting his business... he's just a good person in general. He's also a great idea for introvert farmers who would rather have a spouse they seldom see.

What about Pierre? Because I'm thinking of a game where you marry Abigail, then divorce her and marry Pierre instead.

kittentamer and Ailsaek like this.
                                  • Stryder87

Speaking of Pierre, I saw a dialogue with him the other day I'd never seen before. He was talking about how he was so driven to succeed and he didn't know what was wrong with him. He then wondered if he wasn't just bored with domestic life. I thought that was a rather interesting insight into why he seems so money-centred. At least he recognizes he has a problem. That kind of lifted him up (albeit just slightly) in my books.
                                    His comments at the Feast of the Winter Star about wanting to make more holidays to increase profits still disgusts me. haha

Axe Garian likes this.
                                    • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I think Gil was intended to be the archetypal oldtimer or veteran who hangs around a shop and says, "This ain't nothin', kid. Why, back in the old days, I used to..." So he sets you trials, and gives you rewards to perform like a true adventurer should. Just a guess, in any case.

kittentamer, Ailsaek and Axe Garian like this.
                                      • Pangaearocks

Pangaearocks Big Damn Hero

I'd be worried about the fury of the Dragon. :fireball:

Axe Garian likes this.
                                        • taakitz

taakitz Intergalactic Tourist

krobus, easy