What NPC who isn't marriageable would you like to see available?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Borodin, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

And no, I don't mean available for a fee from a street corner. Please, get your mind out of the gutter. Really, some people.

No, I mean all of the currently non-marriageable folk. Jodi? Marnie? Marlon? Hell, Krobus?

Axe Garian likes this.
    • TaleSpinnerGames

TaleSpinnerGames Industrial Terraformer

Gus. He's an established, mature business owner, a great cook, and has a warm and generous heart.

• L3W15

L3W15 Space Hobo

Linus lol why not

• Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

Linus, Willy, Marnie, Sandy, Gus, Wizard, Witch.

Clint, with the caveat that his cut scenes reveal him gaining a sense of self-worth and independence.

Alternately, I'd like to see a "younger" bachelor or bachelorette be unavailable for pairing, with maybe a mention of being aro or simply uninterested.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2018
            CountryKit and Axe Garian like this.
          • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

If we are OK with breaking up married couples, Caroline and Jodi. Caroline just because I think Pierre's too focused on his shop and Caroline deserves more attention than Pierre is willing to give. Jodi because Kent is MIA the first year and Jodi seems to function fine without him - I suspect Jodi and Kent married when Jodi was like 18 and had kids immediately, give that Jodi doesn't look older than 40. Plus Kent's attitude suggests that Kent's been gone for years, if a farmer that's been in town a year knows the kids better than their own father.

If only unmarried people are allowed, I'll go with two older folks - Marnie and Gus. I MIGHT include Pam and Clint but Pam's alcoholism is a huge turn off for me, and Clint's being so shy and withdrawn gets annoying. Gus is friendly to everyone, has a good heart, and is established. Marnie because I think she would do better having someone that loves her and isn't afraid to show it. She seems to have a caring heart and she since we share a love of animals...

Axe Garian, kamisamu and WilliamZ like this.
            • Pangaearocks

Pangaearocks Big Damn Hero

Robin, without a doubt.

Kagurahime and Axe Garian like this.
              • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Gunther. Snappy dresser, the quiet type, well-groomed, smart and attentive.

Plus, y'know, librarians are good between the covers.

Just say'n.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Sandy. Left all alone in her oasis shop, single, pen-pals with Emily. Give her a chance to develop some more backstory, yanno?

• ValleyBoi

ValleyBoi Big Damn Hero

Clint and Sandy. Clint is cute <3

Ailsaek and Axe Garian like this.
                    • Sventex

Sventex Pangalactic Porcupine

Robin. I think there could be a very interesting story going down that route.

[​IMG]

kittentamer and Axe Garian like this.
                      • Clovis_Sangrail

Clovis_Sangrail Subatomic Cosmonaut

Pam. Not to marry, no, but I would like to buy her a few bottles of wine in the tavern, then take back to the farm for a ride on the old baloney pony.

Or back to her place for a little trailer rockin' love.

Who knows? Maybe Penny will be home. Imagine the mathematical permutations in a Pam and Penny trailer romp.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
                        • Cramped Sultana

Cramped Sultana Big Damn Hero

Wouldn't mind marrying Clint or The Wizard. The reaction from the Wizard's ex-wife could be really funny. Or your choice of George or Evelyn. Can you imagine George's reaction if Granny dumps him for a nubile young woman?

Axe Garian and ManaUser like this.
                          • Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

or man

Axe Garian likes this.
                            • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Forgot about Sandy, yeah she'd ne a good one for dating too. She clearly likes the farmer and even though she's blocked at the very beginning given I can usually get the bus running by the Stardew Valley fair in Y1, she's not that far behind the others in being friends anyway. Maybe if you are friends with Emily there's a friendship boost with Sandy because Emily's been gushing about this new farmer that's really made things more exciting?

Another possibility is the dwarf. Sure he (I view the dwarf as male) is a little rough around the edges, but if you start to befriend him he shows a more tender side. If you lose in the mines after you and the dwarf are good friends you lose the "item penalty" if the dwarf finds you (he sees you go into the mines, didn't see you leave, and became worried) because the dwarf seeks out the missing items and returns them to you. Still have the money and level penalty, and still have the item penalty if it's Robin or Linus that finds you. Just the idea of a human/dwarf pairing is strange but if Abby loves eating amethysts...why not?

Axe Garian likes this.
                              • Reneeisxena

Reneeisxena Big Damn Hero

I've always wished that Linus was available. I kinda like that hermit, he's the first one I always make friends with and he's always grateful for any gift I give him. Plus he probably cleans up nice, shave that beard and cut the hair, he might be a real catch. Also it be nice for him to live in a real house and not a tent. Gus is nice and he cooks really well. Clint is a little too shy for my tastes. The Wizard might be really fun, he could move the tower to the farm and things would get done by magic.
                                As for the single females, well I know Pam is a drinker, but the right man could save that alcoholic and she could put the trailer on the farm. Sandy is very pretty but she has a job in the desert and that would be a huge commute everyday.

kittentamer and Axe Garian like this.
                                • Pangaearocks

Pangaearocks Big Damn Hero

Does the hat-seller have a name? Maybe she/him.

Given the above post, perhaps Pam and the Wizard ought to hook up. Pam already drives like the devil.

Axe Garian likes this.
                                  • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I really don't want to rain on the thread, but myself, rather than more eligible marriage candidates, I'd like to see work on the dialogue and interaction with the existing spouses. Spouses seem to be quick to ask if you're ready for the fair, but they never notice when you win first place. If it's midnight and your spouse is already sleeping when you go to bed, it would be nice to have them roll over to face you, and say something nice. It would be nice if your spouse initiated conversations. It would be nice if your spouse popped up a speech bubble saying "Hey you! :D" if you passed them in town.

As far as I've seen Abigail is the only marriage candidate that even notices you completed the community center, and other than that, none of them seem to have any sort of clue what you do day-to-day. I did see Emily once say that she saw Pierre selling our melons, and that they looked good. But still, if you put 100,000g worth of Starfruit wine into the sell box, or kill 100 slimes in a day, your spouse should at least promise you special favors.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Ooh, baby, is that slime I see on your sword? Come to bed... don't bother washing up.

Rawr.

• blOgre

blOgre Star Wrangler

Add slimes to marriage candidates, give that slime hutch a real purpose. Be a weird farm pervert and get acid burns on your soft bits.

HansHohenheim and Reddestiny921 like this.
                                        • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

That escalated quickly!

(That on the heels of my last post was a case of, 'oh, yeah? I'll see your slime perversity and raise you /this/.' Well done, I think.)

ruddthree, BentFX and blOgre like this.