What music is playing...

Discussion in 'Other' started by ammartino, May 1, 2013.

1. ammartino

ammartino Void-Bound Voyager

I was watching Tiyuri stream and, in addition to drooling over the gameplay, I really liked the music playing in the background. My problem was that I did not recognize the music and I wanted to know the artist+song.

So, I thought it would be a cool feature to get the artist+song information, for any background music, to appear on the game screen. It would probably need a toggle to enable/disable the feature. It could just appear when the music started or it could be an "always on" display.

2. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

All of the music in Starbound is being made specifically for Starbound. They aren't borrowing from anywhere.

3. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

It's not really necessary, and immersion breaking. All of the songs are in the soundtrack, so they aren't hard to find.

4. Cassavyr

Cassavyr Pangalactic Porcupine

You're probably referring to the music he was playing off Pandora. He mentioned it during the stream. I know I heard some Florence and the Machine, something off the Good Will Hunting soundtrack (oddly enough), the killers and a bunch of other alternative rock bands. I suggest just looking up alternative rock/folk rock in Pandora to find what he was playing.

5. ammartino

ammartino Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the info. I figured this out later, although I did not recognize as many songs as you mentioned. :) It would still be nice to know what song from the soundtrack was playing. It would give props to the sound folks, since we sometimes forget that the music is playing.

I did find another suggestion that would allow you to play your own music playlist through the game. With something like that, this suggestion would make more sense.

6. MrFoske

MrFoske Yeah, You!

i'd honestly be down for that, since i have a bunch of mods that add or replace several songs spamming different genres, sometimes i dont recognize them first glance, plus, that is good if you have the music player mod, so if a specific music you like is playing, then it changes, you can go right back to that music since you already know the name.