1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What makes your skin crawl?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Mr.You, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

Lol 5-6cm, you're having a laugh. Some can be like 30cm long ;)

2. [​IMG]
    BT Y?

3. Illmad

Illmad Phantasmal Quasar

F*ck me! :saywhat:
    Which countries does these live in? I need to add them to the list of countries I'll never set foot in.

4. Zouleena

Zouleena Pangalactic Porcupine

Love spiders.
    and, actually, all insects/arachnids... have a crazy love for moths... The larger they are , the cooler they are. I've held tarantulas and Madagascar hissing cockroaches too:

[​IMG]

in real life, what i HATE/have a phobia of is tent catepillars. I don't even want to show a pic. my little sister threw a handful of them at me when we were kids, and they were all over my face & in my hair and down the front of my shirt...

*shudder*

can't even walk over them on a sidewalk, have to walk AROUND them :)

oh, in games. the last-moment hiss of a creeper still scares the everloving :poo: outta me. I don't play vanilla-non superhero MC much anymore, but when i do, I totally forget about them until the last minute. i've jumped AND squeeled before, heh heh.

LastDay and Zailiner like this.
  5. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

I love insects and arachnids too, The bigger the spider the cooler.
    I've never heard of a hissing cockroach, I've been living under a rock; but that looks awesome.

I like tent caterpillars however.

6. Steam Pirate

Steam Pirate Space Kumquat

I have seen some shit. There is practically nothing you can show me that will rustle my jimmies. Nothing.
    I have looked through spacedicks, /r/gore, 4chan, 2chan, grafitti.onion, /r/nsfl, 4chan.org/b/, 4chan.org/x/ and every other NSFL website there ever was. I have seen. Some. Shit.
    Otherwise, if you want i have a gif where a puppy gets beaten to death by a stick. That was the only time my jimmies got rustled.

So the only thing that would scare me, not rustle me is a mob that suddenly jumps out of no where, fills the whole screen with a large shrieking sound and tells you to buy a copy of your game to 10 unknown people or you will die in 10 minutes. That would make me amused.

7. Alvin Flummox

The people that made that should be beaten with a stick. F*ck it, multiple sticks. Slowly. With nails in them. And ebola on it. Animal cruelty is sick and disgusting.
    More tropical places, like Mexico. Basically don't leave Europe then hehe.
    Moths are so awesome. I used to buy the cocoons so I could have them hatch :D I brought some of these dead ones I found back from Mexico (to the UK) in a suitcase once, no easy task lol:
    [​IMG]

I love hummingbird hawkmoths as well, get them at home occasionally too! England is mostly so boring for animals, so the moths make up for it a bit!
    [​IMG]

Steam Pirate and blind sniper like this.
  8. Zouleena

[​IMG]

As I stated on another thread, when i dated the bird-guy we lived up in a provincial park in Northen Alberta, Canada. I held the biggest moth I have ever seen!
    It was about 15 cm (6 inches) or so in wingspan, and just sat on my hand, warming up. The thing was HUGE, I fell in love.

And, we had clearwings too, common & hummingbird. Screw butterflies, why not have a flying teddybear instead :p

9. Hey, wait!
    This thread is about creepy things
    [​IMG]

10. Alvin Flummox

Yeah so much better than butterflies! The green moon moth in my last post is about that big, so amazing. Unfortunately the biggest we get here are probably not even half that :( And yeah they don't seem fussed about landing on people from time to time either! These are probably my favourite ones that live here though
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Zouleena likes this.
  11. Zouleena

SNIPER: he's gorgeous. Look at him, big happy grin :p

[​IMG]

Damn. makes me want to paint a series on Moths.

In fact, I WAS looking for a theme for an upcoming show... think i have it. WOOT.

And, wasn't this thread originally about scary things? in games? whoops :p

12. Did ponyone hear me?
    I said creepy, C R E E P Y
    [​IMG]

13. Zouleena

Yes- Pony-ones creep me out. I just don't get them bronys.
    :iswydt:

14. Alvin Flummox

Haha yeah, get some of them in the UK occasionally too! Deathshead hawkmoths :) And they have awesome wings
    [​IMG]

And they have cool caterpillars!

[​IMG]

I probably better stop posting pictures of moths... Scary stuff and things!

15. Sol Pruina

Sol Pruina Over 9000!!!

Spiders... And random creepy ambient...

16. hunto88

hunto88 Void-Bound Voyager

I hate creepers!

17. Tom Baker

Tom Baker Scruffy Nerf-Herder

TarantulaHawk-large.jpg

Attached Files:

18. MrCreeper123124

MrCreeper123124 Zeromus

Nothing scary things make game interesting.

19. Scottish Pig

Scottish Pig Subatomic Cosmonaut

Holy jesus. :cry:

20. Scottish Pig

Scottish Pig Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh yeah, this too.
    Courage is scary :<
    That huge white head makes me want to die D:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.