1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What makes your skin crawl?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Mr.You, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyden23

Kyden23 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here ya go! Hope it's not too bad...

Now laugh at him everyone! Then cry when no one is looking...

2. Neko

Neko Astral Cartographer

I'm scared by a lot of things. Insects, spiders, heights, dark (or what's inside... Been watching a lot of horror movies with my mom since I was born).

One time, when I was playing Skyrim, I got into a cave full of spiders. The small one are... Okay, but I was still almost shitting myself. Then came the WAY BIGGER ONES.

Also, I hate sudden scares, like in Amnesia. Plus, this time I was recording live. I wanted to go back to a main hall, but quickly I saw where I was supposed to go through was blocked by boulders. I turned around, and screamed. I can't play the game since that...

I still can't stay in a dark room all by myself for a long time, plus I'm kinda scared of off televisions at night. Watching The Ring at the age of 4 isn't great. Couldn't sleep for a long time after that.

3. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

Spiders. Robotical, or organic. And FCKN jump scares!

4. Aeridan

Aeridan Pangalactic Porcupine

Same here (I'm usually fine with spiders in games, but not IRL), and jump scares, don't even get me started on jump scares, those are the worst.

5. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

They are evil....evil...

6. Aeridan

Aeridan Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]
    Picture very much related.

MurkyDragon likes this.
  7. Kyden23

Yes... related... I don't know why but this image made me shudder...

MurkyDragon likes this.
  8. GeneraGinger

GeneraGinger Void-Bound Voyager

All my nightmares and night terrors put together into one form. :cry:

blind sniper likes this.
  9. Lordofrye

Lordofrye Guest

*flushes you into the cold, hard vacuum of space* you scared now?

10. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

corruption :S

MurkyDragon likes this.
  11. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

As long as you got back to somewhere safely pressurised within a few minutes though you should be fine ;)

12. Formed_Zeus

Formed_Zeus Void-Bound Voyager

I think something like necromorphs would be cool. In DS2 walking in a cluttered, large room and hearing the groans, gurgles, and screams of the necros made my skin crawl. I want a planet where the underground caverns are filled with them. It'd be cool if lights didn't work as well there, i.e. flashlight doesn't shine quite as bright. Then, it'd be easy for you to be gobbled up by a fast, charging necro.
    Small critters like spiders that swarm and jump at you and eat you alive also give me the shivers :eek:
    And those moments where your someplace deep, and dark, and lost. Where you hear a sound of... something... horridly breathing or gasping getting closer and closer. Those moments where paranoia sets in, and your so panicked you can't think straight.

13. Kyden23

What truly makes my skin crawl? Mushrooms! Freaking mushrooms and all their ungodly cave loving brethren!

14. Jayne Cobb

Jayne Cobb Big Damn Hero

Ravenholm

Alexblex likes this.
  15. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

Unloyalty

M C likes this.
  16. Ember

Ember Void-Bound Voyager

What sickens me are roaches and exploding green...You know...

MurkyDragon and Lordofrye like this.
  17. Lordofrye

Lordofrye Guest

good thing you don't have to face roflcondas

18. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

Whats wrong with green?Gotta problem, bro? :lod:

19. LemonRobot

LemonRobot Phantasmal Quasar

I hate arachnids.. scorpions, spiders, all of them. I hate them. HATE THEM.

20. Illmad

Illmad Phantasmal Quasar

This creature LITERALLY makes me jump. Or at the very least back away from the computer in terror. I have encountered these creatures on several occasions when vacationing in France. A particularly big one (5-6 cm) made its way into my bed at one point. I've never screamed so loud at any other point in my life.

EDIT: Removed the gap between the text and the image (I don't want to look at the thing while typing)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.