1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What makes your skin crawl?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Mr.You, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.You

Mr.You Void-Bound Voyager

Since there is very little detail relating to the mobs (information in-game in general) that are going be in Starbound...sooooo

What kind of creature or situation that makes you JUMP?!
    Those things that makes you :eek:
    And your character :cry:
    And later you :mad:
    And the game becomes :devil:

Mine is when you are walking underground.. sudden there a noise that gets louder and louder WHERE EVER YOU WENT :cry:!!! YOU RUN AND RUN.. but there is no hope... The screen goes black and the red dripping words..
    YOU HAVE BEEN SLAIN..
    The main problem is ... you DON'T KNOW what KILLED YOU!​

Epicface and pitfall like this.
  2. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

I hate weeds. Even the man-eaters and clingers from terraria creeped me out, which really sucked because I loved the jungle biome...

Also they can reach through walls, which made building a house there a real pain in the ass.

3. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

It's hard for me to get scared in games now a days. Even harder in 2D. But in 3D it's when there's no sounds and something jumps from around the corner and starts attacking you. I'm use to playing TES series and that happened alot

Epicface likes this.
  4. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

This but I sometimes get SPOOKD when a loud sound plays while a mob jump off the darkness and tries to kill me.

5. Mr.You

You make your homes in the jungle?!

6. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

I wanted to, but then plants kept trying to eat me so I made a fortress of doom in the north pole instead.

7. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

Well I have 3 siblings and am the youngest so nothing really scares me nowadays but in 3d games when I see an enemy and run or something and turn around and he's a lot closer then I though like next to camera close that sometimes gets me or that one part in any silent hill game.

8. Kadmon

Kadmon Void-Bound Voyager

The thing that just eughs me in general is monsters that infect other things and make them into more of themselves. For example, I've played City of Heroes since it launched, one of the enemy groups in that game is the Devouring Earth. They are large plant monsters and mutated humans. In and of themselves, I don't much like them, but I have no problem kicking the crap out of a 12-foot tall mushroom. Later on in the game, it's possible to encounter humans and robots that are actively undergoing the Devouring process (that is, the corruption that turns them into Devouring Earth monsters). I almost couldn't play that part, that's how bad that is for me.

9. pwnload

pwnload Big Damn Hero

The enemy bad moon just crepps me out -chill-

10. Mr.You

I know! it looks like it giving birth to the flood in one of the picture.

11. pwnload

pwnload Big Damn Hero

ikr

12. JohnnyRage

JohnnyRage Void-Bound Voyager

The barnacles from the Half life games...o_O

eugh!

13. ForeverCopper

ForeverCopper Space Spelunker

Spiders. I hate them.

Softenik likes this.
  14. Treeman4

Treeman4 Pangalactic Porcupine

Fire and um axes i hate axe and termite oh how i hate termites

15. pwnload

pwnload Big Damn Hero

ya those are pretty scary and half life itself is scary

16. Sam_

Sam_ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd hate it is my sexy female navigator got a sexual diease.. Oh uh..

Hunters... And the Government.. They're watching us..

17. Lazor Llama

Lazor Llama Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This. They still hunt me in my nightmares

18. Mr.You

Well my bug hate is ants. Why? Indiana Jones Curse of the Crystal Skulls... :eek:

19. diskincluded

diskincluded Big Damn Hero

I read about an island where there are so many mice that they eat everything they can. The article was accompanied by pics of things like a bird, I think it was a pelican, who'd become too tired to move, and you could see little balls of fur digging into the underside and eating it alive.

So I guess masses of small creatures that just keep on coming no matter what you do, and will tunnel their way inside and eat you from within, those are things I would very much like to avoid.

20. Tiger

Tiger Phantasmal Quasar

These make my skin crawl:
    [​IMG]
    but I guess to be serious, floaty ghosty thingies :eek:

Chickenman, GeneraGinger, Yen and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.