Chat What is your favorite 'classic' RPG class?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vith, Apr 3, 2016.

?

Favorite 'classic' RPG class?

1. Swordsman (Melee Proficient)

2. Archer (Bow Proficient)

3. Rogue (Dagger/Kunai Proficient)

4. Wizard/Witch (Staff/Wand Proficient)

5. Cleric (Healing/Buff Proficient)

6. Druid (Shapeshifting/Summoning Proficient)

7. Other/Preference Isn't Listed

8. No Preference

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Actually, I think it might have been in brogue... Not nethack.

2. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

I think my favorite class would be the fighter. While they may not be able to produce flames or shapeshift, fighters are the badass normal characters that are able to find weaknesses in their enemy's defenses, and are always able to contribute to a fight, whether with pure tanking or a whirlwind of melee. Without any fighters to stop an enemy's approach, all the wizards would be wiped out before any could utter a spell. That doesn't even cover how versatile they can be as well.

3. Jareix Cryvix

Actually, the pulgist in several roguelikes I've played are among the most powerful classes, if the one that takes the most skill to use. Who needs magic bolts when you've got minions? Sure they aren't yours, but they work as great ammunition! For throwing that is. Or slinging. Or using as meat shields.

4. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

A meat shield equipped with meat shields. I think this is almost better than my sword wielding a sword idea.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  5. Jareix Cryvix

Dungeons of dredmore is literally the greatest for fun roguelikes. Or just plain dungeon crawling if you're too scared for the fear of permadeath. But investing in both unarmed and shield expertise? The TTT single threat... Thundering turtle tank! Dual wielding steam boilerplates with full boilerplate armor... Plus steam powered, rogue tinkerer, craftsman, wand lore, and fleshsmithing. Just an all round epic build...

6. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

My favorite class in all games are the defender/tanks class. Like Templar, Fortress, Protector and Defender. Because i love knowing when people lower my health low after like hours and i just re-heal it back up like nothing.

Megzzzx likes this.
  7. Omegnarok

Omegnarok Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love mages/magicians/wizards in most of my rpgs

8. Megzzzx

Megzzzx Void-Bound Voyager

That is why in WoW I was a paladin and loved it. I could take on so many enemies at once. It might take a bit but I could just keep healing myself and outlasting them.

Senpai Deviljo likes this.
  9. Arthanen

Arthanen Void-Bound Voyager

It's cool seeing everyone playing different classes, feels good knowing we all play different classes for different reasons.

I always play a sexy angsty edge lord rogue, I pretty much try to be a walking cliche. But I do genuinely like fast rogue classes, it's always better not to get hit in the first place.

10. Larielia

Larielia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Druid or Witch/ Wizard. (I prefer magic units.)

11. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

Warrior. I often hate thinking much, and in most RPGs, i laugh about rogues that get up close to me and that's just hilarious. Mages tho... :nope:

12. Jareix Cryvix

It's even more hilarious when the rogue succeeds... :sneaky:

13. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

I am the only one here enjoying being a white mage? ;-;
    Like seriously, in every game I play, if there's a class that can heal / support allies I always pick it.

And also because theres a quite useful glitch on the PSP version of Final Fantasy I... (White mage wielding Excalibur)

14. Jareix Cryvix

This is why:
    +10 dagger of anti-heal (6d4)
    Successful sneak attacks with weapon will prevent target from being healed for 10 rounds.
    (Sneak attacks do triple attack roll and ignore armor.)

Smokey dagger of concealing (1d3)
    Sneak attacks with dagger blind living entities in 1m radius, including user.

Blindfold of sight
    Grants user magical sight. (Can see living and non living beings. Immune to blindness. Vulnerable to magic disruption)

+5 ring of concealment
    Reduces detection range of wearer by 5m.

This is why I love being a Slissok rogue in DnD...
    (Also, I have 19 agility... It takes a natural 20 just to hit me, and that's only if the earth mages in our group forgot to cast fleet foot on me.)

Lodish likes this.
  15. MrVyngaard

MrVyngaard Void-Bound Voyager

Monk. I almost always go for the barefisted, punchkick master type.

16. Jareix Cryvix

There is a good reason why I try to engage monks from range...
    And that reason is "Disarm"

17. DWAlpha

DWAlpha Pangalactic Porcupine

Walking fortress of "come at me brah" I'm a physical fighter at heart. Nothing like throwing yourself into the fray drawing aggro and soaking up those hits while you pound the enemy into paste.

18. Jareix Cryvix

SAVE ME TANK WHILE I CHIP AWAY AT THE ENEMY'S HEALTH WITH MY TINY TOOTHPICK DAGGER!

19. Mr T

Mr T Void-Bound Voyager

I love being the rogue sneaky little bugger who can and will backstab u when u least expect it. Rogue for life! :)

20. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

[​IMG]
    Best overall melee and support class in my book.